**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Not stressing out, just excited, I guess. We've never done a dessert party anywhere before but have been to disney world quite a few times, so I was just looking for something different and fun to do to surprise the family
That's great. Hopefully it'll meet your expectations.
I appreciate the advice
That's plan B and mainly for those who haven't been able to get a rez or who can't justify the expense.
I travel with one of those guys who thinks I can hold a spot for him while he and the rest of the family join me at the last minute. I hate that (as do the other people around me who have been politely waiting)
If you only knew what occasionally happens, maybe you already do.
If an audience control CM somehow gets involved, it puts them in a no win situation as one of the parties will not be happy with the result and they will some times get nasty with the CM. Been there, done that.

I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been answered in the 676 pages. If the park closes at 8:30 is that what time the show is? Right now TP has May hours as the park closing at 8:30, F! at 9-what time does that make the SWaGS?

We are not going to try to do both shows on the same night, but I do need to know about what time I should make our dinner ADR.

TIA!

I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been answered in the 676 pages. If the park closes at 8:30 is that what time the show is? Right now TP has May hours as the park closing at 8:30, F! at 9-what time does that make the SWaGS?

We are not going to try to do both shows on the same night, but I do need to know about what time I should make our dinner ADR.

TIA!
If the closing times stays as is, SWaGS will probably be at 8:30pm, Disney has scheduled SWaGS and F! so people have to make the choice between one or the other, there isn't enough room in the prime viewing area for everyone so they want to split the crowds. But hours might change so keep checking the schedule. I keep the first page updated so you don't have to dig through the entire thread

If the closing times stays as is, SWaGS will probably be at 8:30pm, Disney has scheduled SWaGS and F! so people have to make the choice between one or the other, there isn't enough room in the prime viewing area for everyone so they want to split the crowds. But hours might change so keep checking the schedule. I keep the first page updated so you don't have to dig through the entire thread

Thank you @yulilin3

For the first time maybe ever my planning is actually revolving around the night time entertainment. We are lucky to be there the week that the new MK fireworks HEA will be introduced, so I want to see Wishes one last time and of course see the new show. ROL is finally a reality so I need a night there. F! is a must do for us as will seeing SWaGS for a first time and we will not try and cram those in the same night so 2 nights there. AND if DAH at MK is scheduled for May (fingers crossed), we will be doing that.

I'm so excited for May!!!

Just posting an update from our trip last week!

We had a PPO breakfast at 8:05 AM on 2/7 - we were let in around 7:45 AM and we were able to sign up for Jedi Training before breakfast (no FP were handed out).

We also did the dessert party on 2/6, and it was awesome! I'm not sure how many people attended, but it didn't feel crowded at all. When we went outside to view the fireworks, I had plenty of space around me and didn't feel like a sardine. I would definitely do this dessert party again (I had done the Wishes dessert party before - not sure I'd do that one again). My husband said the Star Wars fireworks was his favorite fireworks show!

One thing I wanted to mention, just because it's something I wasn't aware of ahead of time (other people may already be aware though; maybe I didn't research enough!) - we did the dessert party on a Monday, which is when the Star Wars guided tours take place (this I was aware of, but I didn't sign up for it because I thought 7 hours was too long and we were on the dining plan so the free meal wouldn't benefit us). The guests doing the guided tour were let in about 10-15 minutes before everyone else, so they were all at their tables eating their desserts before we could enter the dessert area- this really wasn't a big deal, but I just wanted to mention it in case some people were curious about the benefits of the guided tour. Also, those guests have front of the line access for all the events during the dessert party, so when we were waiting in line to meet Chewbacca and Kylo Ren, a group from the guided tour inevitably came to the line each time it was someone's turn to go through the doors - this was somewhat annoying because our wait time basically doubled, but overall it wasn't a huge deal either.

Overall, our family had a wonderful time, and I hope they continue to offer this!

Star Wars question: I have noticed that the Star Wars nighttime show is missing from the schedule in April on certain days. Does it run nightly?

Star Wars question: I have noticed that the Star Wars nighttime show is missing from the schedule in April on certain days. Does it run nightly?
the schedule is only out until April 8th, they update only a couple of weeks to a month at a time

A little speculation for us all...but I was able to start making my FP+ today. I made one for the hour before Galactic Nights starts and noticed that RnRC was not available past noon. As someone really really hoping that they do the SW layover onto it for the event - my mind immediately went to "maybe they are closing it early to get it switched over"

Also - I am trying to get my running costumes together for Dark Side. I have the perfect shade of blue running tights for a Han costume. Does anyone have any ideas for putting stripes down the side??

A little speculation for us all...but I was able to start making my FP+ today. I made one for the hour before Galactic Nights starts and noticed that RnRC was not available past noon. As someone really really hoping that they do the SW layover onto it for the event - my mind immediately went to "maybe they are closing it early to get it switched over"

I can't explain why there are no FP+ available that day past noon. However, on the Galactic Nights page that describes "Attractions Available All Night Long," RnR is not listed. Of course, it also says, "all attractions are subject to change without notice," so who knows what that might mean.

Yeah that was also a strange occurence because it is usually open for parties. I am hoping it was done on purpose because they were looking into it, or it is a surpise to attendees. So to speak.

Also - I am trying to get my running costumes together for Dark Side. I have the perfect shade of blue running tights for a Han costume. Does anyone have any ideas for putting stripes down the side??
For the stripes , if yout don't want them permanent how about just duct tape? I think it would do the job

Has this been posted yet?? Meet with BB-8??

@disneyparks (twitter): Beginning this spring, you'll have the chance to meet BB-8 in #StarWars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!… https://t.co/UTxYibKBgJ

-------------------------
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...sts-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-this-spring/

Thu, February 16, 2017
BB-8 To Greet Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios This Spring

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will have more Star Wars fun to look forward to this spring when BB-8, the loyal droid from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, begins character greetings at the park’s Star Wars Launch Bay.

BB-8 will appear in addition to Kylo Ren and Chewbacca, two characters from the Star Warsgalaxy who guests regularly encounter at Star Wars Launch Bay. In addition to character greetings, the location also offers guests the chance to explore galleries full of treasured memorabilia and authentic replicas of large-scale Star Wars artifacts, including some from the latest film in the franchise, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Star Wars Launch Bay is just one experience that has debuted at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to the delight of Star Wars fans over the past two years: “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” daytime show features characters from around the Star Wars galaxy; while the guest-favorite “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” nighttime spectacular lights up the park each night. Guests age 4-12 can also become Jedi recruits and put their skills to the test in an unforgettable battle against villains like Darth Vader or the Seventh Sister Inquisitor. And just a few months ago, the park’s Star Tours – The Adventures Continueattraction began offering guests randomized destinations, making different planetary destinations possible for every galactic journey.

Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more information on BB-8’s grand debut in the coming weeks.

Has this been posted yet?? Meet with BB-8??

@disneyparks (twitter): Beginning this spring, you'll have the chance to meet BB-8 in #StarWars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!… https://t.co/UTxYibKBgJ

-------------------------
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...sts-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-this-spring/

Thu, February 16, 2017
BB-8 To Greet Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios This Spring

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will have more Star Wars fun to look forward to this spring when BB-8, the loyal droid from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, begins character greetings at the park’s Star Wars Launch Bay.

BB-8 will appear in addition to Kylo Ren and Chewbacca, two characters from the Star Warsgalaxy who guests regularly encounter at Star Wars Launch Bay. In addition to character greetings, the location also offers guests the chance to explore galleries full of treasured memorabilia and authentic replicas of large-scale Star Wars artifacts, including some from the latest film in the franchise, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Star Wars Launch Bay is just one experience that has debuted at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to the delight of Star Wars fans over the past two years: “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” daytime show features characters from around the Star Wars galaxy; while the guest-favorite “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” nighttime spectacular lights up the park each night. Guests age 4-12 can also become Jedi recruits and put their skills to the test in an unforgettable battle against villains like Darth Vader or the Seventh Sister Inquisitor. And just a few months ago, the park’s Star Tours – The Adventures Continueattraction began offering guests randomized destinations, making different planetary destinations possible for every galactic journey.

Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more information on BB-8’s grand debut in the coming weeks.

I hope it's an actual droid and not just a 3d statue like thing. Although, I would probably still stand in line for a stationary thing:rolleyes:

I hope it's an actual droid and not just a 3d statue like thing. Although, I would probably still stand in line for a stationary thing:rolleyes:
Not like the movement would come on a picture, a la hp. But imagine how epic would a BB8 and R2D2 meet would be, even if it was just a statue form

Not like the movement would come on a picture, a la hp. But imagine how epic would a BB8 and R2D2 meet would be, even if it was just a statue form
I doubt it will just be a statue. There was a BB-8 and R2-D2 droids at "The Force Awakens" premier event at DHS doing meet and greets and photo ops. I was their bodyguard. R2-D2 was misbehaving and had to be pulled aside for a stern talking to by his handler. BB-8 behaved. I've run into R2 backstage.

For the stripes , if yout don't want them permanent how about just duct tape? I think it would do the job

I think this is my back up plan - just a pain to make all those pieces! Someone also suggested buying a pair of costume pants, cutting off the stripe, and using temp fabric tape to put it on. If only some genius made Han striped tape I would be golden!

At Dark Side races last year he was just a statue. I got a great pic, but, kinda womp womp.

So, here's my conundrum: we'll be visiting from June 3 - 10, and in a perfect world, we'd book the Guided Tour on Wednesday the 7th, dovetailing beautifully with my other plans. If the tour is either no longer offered at all or no longer available on Wednesdays, I've got an entirely different set of plans. So, Disboard hive mind, what do we think the current Monday - Wednesday - Saturday offering will maybe look like this summer? More days? Fewer? Different days? Understand, I'm not asking for a definite answer here, and I actually have both contingencies covered in terms of ADRs, but would love input from what is clearly a very knowledgeable group!!! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter