**Official Spring Break 2020 Poll!**

When is your school districts 2020 Spring Break?

• February 24-28

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • March 2-6

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • March 9-13

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • March 16-20

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • March 23-27

Votes: 45 17.9%
  • March 30-April 3

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • April 6-10

Votes: 53 21.1%
  • April 13-17

Votes: 34 13.5%
  • April 20-24

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • April 27-May 1

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

sam1998

Mouseketeer
Our school has released it's official 2019-2020 school calendar. We can't be the only one that already knows their 2020 dates! So, if you know (or when you know), please pick the week that your school is doing spring break. Feel free to comment and include any insights as to how you think the 2020 spring break season will go.

Some important info:
Presidents Day: February 17, 2020
Easter: April 12, 2020

All poll options show dates beginning Monday of the school week.

ENJDisneyFan

DIS Veteran
Most of southeast Michigan is now the first full week in April, regardless of when Easter falls. 2020 it happens to be over Easter.

Last edited:
  • sam1998

Mouseketeer
    My post was a poll asking about when school districts would be having their 2020 breaks, so that people can plan. It was moved to "Doing The Happy Dance" where I suspect it will get much fewer votes. Am I confused as to the forums. This one is for planning, that one is for countdowns.

DisLiss

DIS Veteran
    Not a mod, but my guess is that it was moved because choosing a time to go to WDW really isn't about the individual attractions or about a strategy to use while in the park. (Although I understand that one could see it as as a way to strategize the choosing of your vacation time. :) ) I think if I were looking for that sort of discussion, I personally would look in the "Disney for Families" forum, since I would figure folks with families will be there ready to answer questions about such things as school schedules. :)

DisLiss

DIS Veteran
    To answer the main question, there is no such thing as a Spring break for us. We never ever have one. We just have too many snow days. So we only ever get the Friday & Monday around Easter off, and occasionally things are so bad that we lose that Monday, too.

GADisneyDad14

TPAS Moderator
    That would be me. :wave: I actually like these polls and moved it so your post/poll will stay somewhere where it’s relevant/visible and the Happy Dance sub-forum is a place where trips over specific months/time periods are discussed. A poll about spring break a year away (when many folks haven’t even had 2019 spring break yet) will quickly get buried on the main Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies forum. The current 2019 Spring Break poll (which I throught was a helpful thread) continually falls well off the radar.

Happy to discuss further via PM if needed.

Thanks.

• sam1998

Mouseketeer
    Thanks GADisneyDad14. I am hoping lots of people reply. I am interested to see how the different weeks look (even though this is obviously a tiny slice of the population).

Last edited:

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
    College Spring break for some NY colleges, March 9-13. Some other NY colleges are the following week. HS/Elementary districts are either the week before or after Easter.

WhitneyMB

Mouseketeer
    My son’s K-12 district in northeast Ohio always does the last week in March, plus two days (Fri/Mon) around Easter.
    The University I work at always does the second week in March. I double checked both of these for next year already.
    No escaping spring breakers in March & April!

sam1998

Mouseketeer
    It's interesting to see the difference between the 2019 poll and the 2020 one with Easter being a few weeks earlier in 2020.

Our district historically has done the last full week of March (regardless of when Easter falls), and is doing so this year. We will be at WDW but are preparing for it to be very busy. However, for whatever reason, 2020 they have moved it to the very end of March/beginning of April week. As of right now, very early in the poll, it looks like the week before that and the week after have more schools on break. At least comparing our tiny little slice of the population.

Kbosch

Mouseketeer
    We are in NY and our break is actually from April 9th through the 17th. Knew I should have been a teacher lol.

omegsmom

Mouseketeer
    Maine is always the 3rd week in April. We also have the 3rd week in February. NH is usually the week after us in April.

Mambo Junkie

DIS Veteran
    Our school system has changed; it will always be the first full week of April, regardless of Easter. 2020 falls badly as it is right at Easter. This past year was great!

texasgingerbread

DIS Veteran
    I'm in Frisco, TX and we have March 9. I looked up Plano and Allen ISD (March 9) Dallas ISD (March 16), Ft Worth ISD (March 9), Austin ISD (March 16), Conroe ISD (March 9) and Houston ISD (March 16) out of curiosity. So for the state of Texas it's probably half March 9 and half March 16.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS