• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
RoL-Seating-West_022517_zpsjbmibnbv.jpg

FYI: the dates are showing through September for the dining package. I don't think they are bookable yet. Also, it's not showing for every night in September.

FYI: the dates are showing through September for the dining package. I don't think they are bookable yet. Also, it's not showing for every night in September.

Has anyone tried to call to make a reservation? Online booking doesn't work for August!

Has anyone tried to call to make a reservation? Online booking doesn't work for August!

On the thread on the restaurants page, the phone center can't do them either. The person was told "just keep checking". But the sign that the dates are clickable is a good sign.

On the thread on the restaurants page, the phone center can't do them either. The person was told "just keep checking". But the sign that the dates are clickable is a good sign.
I tried first thing this morning and then called and was told just to keep checking too. :maleficen

Why is Sept every other day??

Likely just not an updated schedule. I'm sure they'll update and have at least one show nightly. Unless they really think interest in the show is going down and won't be as popular, but I highly doubt that with how much they've put into it

I tried first thing this morning and then called and was told just to keep checking too. :maleficen

:thanks:

I will keep trying.

I have booked my hotel reservation with the special magic offer and I thought that was causing me not being able to book the dining package online. Glad to know it's not the case.

:thanks:

I will keep trying.

I have booked my hotel reservation with the special magic offer and I thought that was causing me not being able to book the dining package online. Glad to know it's not the case.

What special magic band offer?

I'm sure they'll update and have at least one show nightly. Unless they really think interest in the show is going down and won't be as popular, but I highly doubt that with how much they've put into it
Agree that it could just be that they will update in the future with more dates.

But the interest level in he show really doesn't have much to do with "how much they've put into it". Sunk cost. Ultimately, if it's not worth the cost to run it nightly during slower times, they won't -- no matter how much they put into it. If it got bad enough, presumably they'd look to replace it.

Guessing ROL may move to every other day then like it was earlier once crowds die down after the summer season?

I hope not - ROL is new and I can't imagine a significant enough "downtime" a mere 4 months after Pandoras opening.

Likely just not an updated schedule. I'm sure they'll update and have at least one show nightly. Unless they really think interest in the show is going down and won't be as popular, but I highly doubt that with how much they've put into it

Hoping this is the case.

Agree that it could just be that they will update in the future with more dates.

But the interest level in he show really doesn't have much to do with "how much they've put into it". Sunk cost. Ultimately, if it's not worth the cost to run it nightly during slower times, they won't -- no matter how much they put into it. If it got bad enough, presumably they'd look to replace it.

I'm just talking about how much time they've put into it, not money. I don't think the show costs them much to run per night as majority of it is just lights and water that's recycled through the lake, which is why I think it'll be updated for Sept and be nightly.

I'm just talking about how much time they've put into it, not money. I don't think the show costs them much to run per night as majority of it is just lights and water that's recycled through the lake, which is why I think it'll be updated for Sept and be nightly.
I read your post to suggest that they wouldn't move away from nightly because they put so much into it.

My point is that whether that's time or money that they put in (and time IS money), when making a business decision to run every night or not, how much they put in (sunk cost -- time, money, effort, love!) is irrelevant.

That's all I'm sayin'. :)

How are things going with FP now? I'll be there next week. How early should I arrive if I have a FP?

How are things going with FP now? I'll be there next week. How early should I arrive if I have a FP?

Depends if it's one show that night or if there's two shows and you'll be at the second.

First show I'd show up for FP no less than 45 min before show. If it's second show then around the 20-30 mark seems to be fine from what I'm seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter