Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

The photo is of the 300 loop December 2017 (just a few weeks ago) very very tight loop, could hardly fit the truck behind the yellow lines for our site, the truck almost got hit two times in this loop. The cypress trees are protected so Disney cannot widen the loop to facilitate large rigs, and man there7518845808_3S9A7247.jpg were quite a few really large 5th wheels than barely fit in this loop.

Thanks Esmoglo.

How long is your Crusader? I fell in love with the Preferreds, especially 100 Loop, when I had my 30 ft Cruiser. My new 5er is over 42ft and I don't fit anymore. I could probably get in some of the sites, but maneuvering around the loops being 65ft long wouldn’t be the biggest challenge.

j

Thanks Esmoglo.

How long is your Crusader? I fell in love with the Preferreds, especially 100 Loop, when I had my 30 ft Cruiser. My new 5er is over 42ft and I don't fit anymore. I could probably get in some of the sites, but maneuvering around the loops being 65ft long wouldn’t be the biggest challenge.

j

Out unit is 35FT and I'm quite thankful it's not a foot longer, we only have two slides on the left side one large one in the living room and one bedroom slide. Its a 2016 Prime Time Crusader 296BHS with an outside kitchen purchased it new and we really like it. Yea some of the loops don't ft 42ft rigs but Disney allows them no idea why. The guy that almost hit our truck two times was trying to back in a large Jayco Nort Point super nice 5er took him almost 1hr to back it in plus he had a crew cab dually with an 8ft bed. Overall though 35ft for us seems to be the magic number especially with a crew cab truck we have the 6 1/2 bed Chevrolet also offers an 8ft bed and the 5 1/2 short box beds.

You can see from the two photos I posted 700 Loop VS 300 loop how much space you have in the 700 loop (premium spot) vs preferred spot in the 300 section.

I was in 1400 loop (Premium) in September. The first Fort trip with the new 5er. I also have a long bed, crew cab dually. My old 5er was a perfect fit in Loop 100. I had a shorter site in September. We were there when they reopened the Fort after Irma. Not all the loops were opened and everything was still pretty chaotic, so I didn’t ask to switch, but I had to park sideways like you did. And that was in a Premium site.

I’m resigned to the fact I won’t be a Preferred camper again. Maybe if I downsize when I retire, but that’s 10years away.

j

7518818368_3S9A9163.jpg Yea us as well not sold on the preferred sites at all, I booked December 2018 as a preferred site because the premium spots were all taken will try to change this soon. We usually stay at the Fort 2X's a year 4-5 days at a time we really enjoy it.

Yea Irma was bad more so for central FLA we live in South FLA our house got it with 110MPH winds (no damage) as our home was built after Hurricane Andrew and it's all concrete block, even the second level floor is poured concrete after Andrew South FLA has very strict building codes.

The image is from the back of our campsite.

Last edited:
Nice site for a Preferred. It doesn't look like you have any coquina pad there. I thought all the Preferred sites had it.

How do you like the Crusader? I like the stuff from Prime Time. We looked at the Crusader midbunk and the Sanibel, both. The dealer was about 3 hours away and didn't want to deal.

Glad to hear you didn't have any hurricane damage. A racing friend lives just south of Big Pine Key. He had minimal damage, but everybody around him didn't fare as well. He was back home once they reopened US1. Posted some nice pics of the boat collection (7) he had in his yard. He chained his to a concrete pad. He said it was better to have it sunk in the surge than float away. He posted this pic on Christmas Day. The boat did OK.
Dorseys Boat.jpg

j

1600 shares a comfort station with the 1500 tent loop, which makes it more busy.

We have stayed at the end of the 1600 loop and use the CS and use the shared CS between 1600 and I believe 1800. Never had a problem with showering or laundry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts