***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has seen Pandora both at night and daytime? Should both be experienced? Which did you like better?

It's hot and crowded during the day. I like dusk the best when it's a bit cooler. Night time is way too dark and way too crowded.

I suppose I might like day better during the cooler months that are coming.

Surely they had a hurricane in mind when it was built. The size may be to it's advantage, the small area could well be naturally protected to some degree from the winds by the larger structures around it so the small plant structures are intact, or impacted minimally. At least that's my hope. If they didn't take this in to consideration when building, well, that's a very expensive screw up
No doubt they took hurricanes into consideration. I was just wondering it would affect any of the plant details at all.

I agree, and if he said "uhm" one more time I was going to scream, lol.

Overall, I think the FOP pre-show is too long. Not sure how everyone else feels about that. But I loved the ride.

The actor's portrayal didn't bother me (I deal with tech types too) but I felt like the pre-show could definitely be tightened up a bit.

The actor's portrayal didn't bother me (I deal with tech types too) but I felt like the pre-show could definitely be tightened up a bit.
Now, if we are talking about length of the show, dear heavens yes! Please, someone, anyone, shorten the show. It's too long. I know they are made as part of the wait time but I'd rather wait longer in the line outside the preshow rooms than listen to both of those preshows for as long as they are each time I ride. They do realize folks ride several times, right? Once was cute, more than that and it's old already. They could cut it down and find a happy medium.

If you had one day for a park with no park hopper, do you think that Pandora alone is enough to make AK a better choice than HS, even if you don't really like animals?
Asking because I'm torn between going to AK or HS for a day of my trip.

If you had one day for a park with no park hopper, do you think that Pandora alone is enough to make AK a better choice than HS, even if you don't really like animals?

That was my exact situation and I chose AK. After experiencing Pandora I am not sorry. It was worth it.

Right now? Yes, for certain. Especially for anyone who has been to HS before. No question. I still think there is plenty to do in HS but if you've done it before, there is nothing new there right now. Not really.
Pandora is new. Unique and really cool. You don't need to be an animal fan to enjoy that at all.
Even if you trade the rides, RnR for EE, I think it's a pretty even swap. Heck, I may even give EE a slight nudge as better.
And I know some will faint from shock but I think RoL is more entertaining to watch than F!. Yeah, you get to see all those characters in F! but otherwise, I'm not the biggest fan of that show. I do really like the visual aspects of RoL, even though I know it doesn't truly have a "story". It is pretty. I like pretty. Sorry ;)

Now, if you ask me that in a year when Toy Story Land is open at HS it would potentially be much harder to answer. And when Star Wars Land opens (or whatever it's name is, forgetaboutit)

So looking forward to going back to AK in February. I'm hoping to get a FP for FOP this time, as we are staying at POP. My dream would be to score FOP every single day (though highly unlikely)! And...there are a few different things I didn't get to do there, like the walking path to see the animals and birds of flight. I don't really care if I go on Navi' again but I definitely want to do ROL. I thought this was one of the best shows, really beautiful. Anyway....so excited to go back!

If I had a FP for FoP, then right now, I'd pick AK. Otherwise it's a draw for me.

We did Hollywood Studios in March this year and were done after we ate lunch. There just wasn't enough to keep us there all day. We had a Park Hopper so we ended up going to Epcot after. Last year, we went to Animal Kingdom and left at about 1pm so with the addition of Pandora I bet it's a way better choice than HS.

So looking forward to going back to AK in February. I'm hoping to get a FP for FOP this time, as we are staying at POP. My dream would be to score FOP every single day (though highly unlikely)! And...there are a few different things I didn't get to do there, like the walking path to see the animals and birds of flight. I don't really care if I go on Navi' again but I definitely want to do ROL. I thought this was one of the best shows, really beautiful. Anyway....so excited to go back!

We're going in February and also staying at POP! End of February though, but we might be there at the same time as you.

I'm gonna review this whole place later but for now I will just say that I went in with high expectations and Pandora surpassed it with leaps and bounds.

Joe Rohde was already one of the greatest Imagineers of all time before this land... but I think this triumph puts him in a league with the giants like Hench, Broggie, and Marc Davis.

I'm gonna review this whole place later but for now I will just say that I went in with high expectations and Pandora surpassed it with leaps and bounds.

Joe Rohde was already one of the greatest Imagineers of all time before this land... but I think this triumph puts him in a league with the giants like Hench, Broggie, and Marc Davis.
Ain't that the truth! I'm not sure we'd have half the end product of Pandora without Joe's hand in it. He's truly got magical ideas and thoughts in his brain. I so wanted to bump in to him during the opening week, even stayed at AKL for a night when they had the dedicatio, n ceremony. But I didn't have any luck with timing and never saw him. One day, maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter