***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are here now. For everyone that is bummed about not getting a FP for FoP, don't worry. We have gone to AK 30 minutes before opening twice this week and walked on to FoP. If you are willing to get up and be at the park for rope drop, you will have no problem riding it at least once. Plus, the queue is pretty awesome. The lead up is exciting. We rode it once with a FP and it was still a great ride but the feeling was different.

Last edited:
We are here now. For everyone that is bummed about not getting a FP for FoP, don't worry. We have gone to AK 30 minutes before opening twice this week and walked on to FoP. If you are willing to get up and be at the park for rope drop, you will have no problem riding it at least once. Plus, the queue is pretty awesome. The lead up is exciting. We rode it once with a FP and it was still a great ride but the feeling was different.

This is great to know. With an 8AM Tusker breakfast reservation for later on in the year when park opening is at 9:00AM what are the chances that both can be rode with little wait and what time do you think we would need to be done in the restaurant to beat the crowds if you don't mind me asking?

No shoulder banshees again today.... has anyone been able to tell if there's a schedule for when the banshees get delivered/released?

No shoulder banshees again today.... has anyone been able to tell if there's a schedule for when the banshees get delivered/released?
No one knows. There is no schedule and no one seems to know ahead of time when they will arrive.

Cant believe Disney did not anticipate how popular these things would be..

Well, two things (1) I am sure they didn't want to over-order and then be stuck with a million of them if they didn't turn out to be popular (I know that was one issue they had with Disney Infinity in that they have tons of certain figurines that were less popular) and (2) there is a marketing strategy around creating scarsity - that it helps make something "*the* thing to have thus driving up interest and demand even more

Wow, today was my 60 day window. I was on right at 7:00am. I could only get FoP fp+ for our very last day and it's not until 2:45. That was the earliest I could get. We are not rope drop, early morning people but I guess we will be this trip.....:)

This is good to know!! Thank you!!

Wow, today was my 60 day window. I was on right at 7:00am. I could only get FoP fp+ for our very last day and it's not until 2:45. That was the earliest I could get. We are not rope drop, early morning people but I guess we will be this trip.....:)
We luckily have a longer than normal (for us) trip 8 park days. While we normally have a plan for park days based on EMH, party days, refurbs, short run special shows like Pixar, etc. (like most). We went into the FP window yesterday with the plan of being flexible w/ park days depending on when we were able to pick up FoPs. And if we got a FoP and it was around or after 5pm, we were going to get a RoL since we wouldn't really be able to take advantage of 4th+ FPs, to save that hr+ SB wait/ see Pandora at night. Even for late Aug/early Sept, getting up right at 6 Central, the availability was none (1st 2 days), afternoon/evening (days 3-6), and am times for days 7-8 (went into afternoon by the next day, 7am for days 7-8). Planning on PH a lot, but we were able to grab 4 days of FoP.

We luckily have a longer than normal (for us) trip 8 park days. While we normally have a plan for park days based on EMH, party days, refurbs, short run special shows like Pixar, etc. (like most). We went into the FP window yesterday with the plan of being flexible w/ park days depending on when we were able to pick up FoPs. And if we got a FoP and it was around or after 5pm, we were going to get a RoL since we wouldn't really be able to take advantage of 4th+ FPs, to save that hr+ SB wait/ see Pandora at night. Even for late Aug/early Sept, getting up right at 6 Central, the availability was none (1st 2 days), afternoon/evening (days 3-6), and am times for days 7-8 (went into afternoon by the next day, 7am for days 7-8). Planning on PH a lot, but we were able to grab 4 days of FoP.
We are only there for 5 days. I started my search on the 3rd day of our stay and when I saw nothing, I knew I may be in trouble. So I jumped to our last day and there were only late afternoon times. My husband said he is ok getting up early for rope drop. He works with someone who was one of the fist people to ride FoP and she said it was so worth it. We will do stand by at least once to see the queue, it seems to get good reviews, so we are excited. We try to make the best of all situations. We will have fun no matter what.

Last edited:
Was able to get FOP FP+ (day 6 of our trip) for 12:45pm for 4 people. Didn't try for any other days because that was our only planned day at AK. Would have tried for it day 7 or 8 only if necessary.

Did FP for my birthday trip at 7 AM on the dot this morning. We arrive late 8/24, first park day is 8/25, last is 8/29.
Navi was available on all days, at all times of the day
No FoP on 8/25, 26, 27 at all. I checked for 1, 2 and 4, didn't make a difference, nothing available.
Only FoP available on 8/28 were for 5pm-8pm.
Only FoP available on 8/29 were for 11am-8pm
The park is due to close at 9:30 both days and I'm 99% sure that the FP after 8PM weren't gone for both days so for whatever reason, they are closing off FP at 8. I assume so they can help clear the queue for closing. So that doesn't help with FP distribution for certain. Though I'd guess if they add hours they'll add evening FP to each day, not sure.

Hope you have a great birthday trip Angi! We'll be there during those days. We grabbed the 4:45 slot for 8/28 and 1pm for 8/29.

I have a bad back - have to avoid rides like Space Mountain, Mine Train, Everest, Thunder Mtn. I can ride Mission Space Green, Pirates and Soarin. Any thoughts on if FOP should be avoided or potentially ok? I will always defer to my dr's advice, but wanted to get input from people that have actually ridden it.

We are only there for 5 days. I started my search on the 3rd day of our stay and when I saw nothing, I knew I may be in trouble. So I jumped to our last day and there were only late afternoon times. My husband said he is ok getting up early for rope drop. He works with someone who was one of the fist people to ride FoP and she said it was so worth it. We will do stand by at least once to see the que. it seems to get good reviews, so we are excited. We try to make the best of all situations. We will have fun no matter what.
Like your positive attitude... in addition to the RD FoP to see the queue, you didn't want the late afternoon FP for last day? Something in the evening, see Pandora at night, and pair w/ RoL and Kali in the middle to help cool off for that hot Aug time period. Having watching Kali wait times go over 100 min lately when not raining. Suppose your flight on last day could conflict. Our 1st and last days are scheduled to be non park (water park) days.

I have a bad back - have to avoid rides like Space Mountain, Mine Train, Everest, Thunder Mtn. I can ride Mission Space Green, Pirates and Soarin. Any thoughts on if FOP should be avoided or potentially ok? I will always defer to my dr's advice, but wanted to get input from people that have actually ridden it.
It's a very smooth ride, no jerky movements. You don't have to lean over far, unless you want to, either. There is leaning left/right but it's very smooth and subtle movements. I'd think it would be fine, based on the rides you list that you can ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!