***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow 7 a.m. is my big day! 7 a.m. alarm to get up to try (and I stress try) and book my 30 day FP+ for FOP. So, here is my question. If I can't get the FOP or NRJ and I book in MK instead....can I then keep checking MDE for any openings in AK? Or should I book whatever I can get in AK so I can book in AK if I see an openings? Sorry if this question is confusing but I don't want to screw myself If I have 3 FP+ booked in MK and then try and snag something in AK, do I have to cancel all 3 in MK before I can snag the AK FP+? (Wow, I'm making myself dizzy!) :yay:

Tomorrow 7 a.m. is my big day! 7 a.m. alarm to get up to try (and I stress try) and book my 30 day FP+ for FOP. So, here is my question. If I can't get the FOP or NRJ and I book in MK instead....can I then keep checking MDE for any openings in AK? Or should I book whatever I can get in AK so I can book in AK if I see an openings? Sorry if this question is confusing but I don't want to screw myself If I have 3 FP+ booked in MK and then try and snag something in AK, do I have to cancel all 3 in MK before I can snag the AK FP+? (Wow, I'm making myself dizzy!) :yay:
You can keep checking for other park FP. Go on as of you are picking new FP for that day. It will tell you that you have FP else where and tell you to confirm you want to keep this guest. Confirm and check for FP. As long as you don't confirm the change you don't drop your existing FP.

19399321_10213513585899808_4618507232442207253_n.jpg

in front of FoP

You can keep checking for other park FP. Go on as of you are picking new FP for that day. It will tell you that you have FP else where and tell you to confirm you want to keep this guest. Confirm and check for FP. As long as you don't confirm the change you don't drop your existing FP.
So...want to get this right...if there is no FP for FOP and I book 3 FP's for MK...I can still check AK for FOP and if I see one, it will let me book it? Or....I will see there is one and I will have to cancel all 3 at MK before it will let me. Sorry for the inexperience with this, I've never had this issue before.

So...want to get this right...if there is no FP for FOP and I book 3 FP's for MK...I can still check AK for FOP and if I see one, it will let me book it? Or....I will see there is one and I will have to cancel all 3 at MK before it will let me. Sorry for the inexperience with this, I've never had this issue before.
No, you have it right.
You can book the FP for MK
You can then check for FP at AK and if there are no FP you like, you'll keep the FP for MK.
If you see FP at AK you want, you can complete the process and it will replace the MK FP with the AK FP, you won't have to start over and cancel or anything.
Just don't let it scare you, when you have the MK FP and go to look for AK FP for the same day it will say "Hey, you have FP already, are you sure you want to continue with this guest?" say yes, continue. Then you can see the AK choices. From there you can either confirm the new AK FP or back out and cancel and it will keep the MK FP.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Just got in on my 30th day...nothing for FOP...but did get NRJ and Rivers of light. So, will see what tomorrow brings. I'm at least happy I got those two! I'll also check throughout the day, you just never know.

Well glad I got in when I did cause "someone ate the page" is the phrase of the morning. I couldn't even get into MDE, it said my password was incorrect! This is the part of this process that gets so frustrating when you're trying to do stuff on the site. You just never know when it's going to act up and it's usually right in the middle of something very important. So...I was lucky to do what I did before the site went wonky!

I don't see why they wouldn't survive. It is a rubber and plastic.
I once had a cabbage patch kid (do that math folks!) go soft and dimply sitting in a car in summer sun. Add in electronic elements and I think you'd be taking a big risk. Why not get it delivered to your resort (if you are staying onsite) or put it in a locker (they are in the shade so presumably not baking hot like your car). You'll also be saving yourself an extra trip thru security.

That is so odd .No one has to tinkle more than me and got I through. Strange it's become this much of an issue compared 7dmt or toy story back in the day
I did hear them announcing this to the line when we were there yesterday. Apparently it's become an issue for some! We never stood in line as I couldn't do it anyway and my husband and son won't wait longer than 45 minutes for anything. :)

I did hear them announcing this to the line when we were there yesterday. Apparently it's become an issue for some! We never stood in line as I couldn't do it anyway and my husband and son won't wait longer than 45 minutes for anything. :)
I was shocked I managed a 2 hour line one morning. That is usually my worse time for potty use, every 15, 20 min is my norm. So I had concerns going in. The bathroom was my first stop when getting off but I was fine.
I just wonder why it's not been something that needed a sign on other rides? They've had 2+ hour lines before. And really, the extra long lines for FoP seem to have stopped. Haven't they? I only check every so often and it seems similar to 7DMT or other E tickets

I was shocked I managed a 2 hour line one morning. That is usually my worse time for potty use, every 15, 20 min is my norm. So I had concerns going in. The bathroom was my first stop when getting off but I was fine.
I just wonder why it's not been something that needed a sign on other rides? They've had 2+ hour lines before. And really, the extra long lines for FoP seem to have stopped. Haven't they? I only check every so often and it seems similar to 7DMT or other E tickets
It was 240 minutes yesterday morning when we were there, but back down to 120 or something by the afternoon. I think the rope drop/get there early strategy is failing people as that was the longest wait!

When I went earlier this month the issue seemed to be tons of people cutting the line to go catch up with their parties, most with the excuse of bathroom breaks. Some came back with enough food to feed half the line. It's not like these folks were catching up with people that had just gotten in line, they were walking their way right to the front. I can see the occasional kid needing a break and that doesn't bother me but when 6 adults push their way to the front people get angry. Mind you my longest wait was maybe an hour and a half and I rode 4 times. So maybe they are trying to get a handle on people doing that. I'm not even sure some of the people had a party up front. I will say it was the angriest I've ever seen people in line get about others pushing past. It was pretty frustrating and annoying. Use the bathroom and get your snacks before entering the line.

No, you have it right.
You can book the FP for MK
You can then check for FP at AK and if there are no FP you like, you'll keep the FP for MK.
If you see FP at AK you want, you can complete the process and it will replace the MK FP with the AK FP, you won't have to start over and cancel or anything.
Just don't let it scare you, when you have the MK FP and go to look for AK FP for the same day it will say "Hey, you have FP already, are you sure you want to continue with this guest?" say yes, continue. Then you can see the AK choices. From there you can either confirm the new AK FP or back out and cancel and it will keep the MK FP.
Hopefully that makes sense.
I have not kept up realy current on fastpass rules (has been 3 years since my last trip :faint:). If you have 3 FP in one park, you can cancel one and make another, in a park other than the one you are currently in? Also, can you make a 4th FP, after you have used your 3, in a park different than the one you are currently in?

(Sorry to be asking a general FP question in a Pandora specific thread)

We might not be able to do Pandora even getting there next week at 7am, I am not waiting 2 hours for a ride might have to miss this time around.
I told my husband and son what I have read and that dont get your hopes up.
We were only spending 1/2 day at AK and the other 1/2 and Epcot like we always do

I have not kept up realy current on fastpass rules (has been 3 years since my last trip :faint:). If you have 3 FP in one park, you can cancel one and make another, in a park other than the one you are currently in? Also, can you make a 4th FP, after you have used your 3, in a park different than the one you are currently in?

(Sorry to be asking a general FP question in a Pandora specific thread)
The only change to the fp rules has been the ability to book a 4th fp using the app, but only after you have used the first three fps. You can book the 4th fp for any park. But you have to use all three fps in your current park before switching to another park.

It was pretty frustrating and annoying. Use the bathroom and get your snacks before entering the line.
I think that folks are going to have to learn to get over this kind of thought pattern in line for FoP. The lines are long. They didn't put a restroom along the queue. Even if my wife went to the bathroom immediately before entering the queue, there is a great chance that she wouldn't make it 2-3 hours without needing another bathroom break.

As for folks leaving and coming back with food - it comes with the territory. If you have to let folks leave and re-enter because Disney didn't think through the restroom situation, you invite people to leave and re-enter for other reasons. All they have to do is claim that they left for a potty break, and decided to bring back snacks upon re-entry.

What will eventually happen - a single party will enter the line as a placeholder for their entire party. The rest of their party will continue to enjoy AK. When that place holder gets within an hour of entering the ride, he/she will text the rest of their party and tell them that it is time for them to return from their "potty break". They will still have to wait in line for a while, but no where near the entire 2-3 hours. And I am not sure that it can be prevented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter