***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are headed down to WDW on June 14th and I love this thread! It's helped me plan quite a bit. I am looking for some evening EMH experiences. Was it wall to wall people? Were you able to enjoy the Pandora land?

We will be spending one late night at AK and was wondering how the evening EMH is going. I am not expecting to ride anything, but we do want to enjoy the nighttime experience.

Anyone see photopass out today?? I'm def gonna score a photo by the mountains day and night.

Also I'm gonna have to reserve a Disney resort because I need the fastpasses on these bad boys unless the waits stabilize in November

Yes, here now and there is photopass everywhere.

Also, walked directly into Pandora, no wait time at 6:30pm this evening.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but I can't find it anywhere.

During the preview a couple of weeks ago, my daughter noticed the Custom made Avatar dolls. This was not up and running at the time. Anyone know if it is up and running yet?

At the time I was there they mentioned that they'd make an appointment to have the doll made. Does anyone know how this works? And do you have to be there at rope-drop to get a chance to do this. We are returning this Sunday and have late afternoon FP for the Na'vi River. I'm hoping we can get her her doll this time...

Thanks,
Ron

During the preview a couple of weeks ago, my daughter noticed the Custom made Avatar dolls. This was not up and running at the time. Anyone know if it is up and running yet?

At the time I was there they mentioned that they'd make an appointment to have the doll made. Does anyone know how this works? And do you have to be there at rope-drop to get a chance to do this. We are returning this Sunday and have late afternoon FP for the Na'vi River. I'm hoping we can get her her doll this time...

Thanks,
Ron

It is up and running. You go to the store and make the appointment. If tou go straight there for rope drop they may take you immediately. If you are doing it after FoP they may already be doing return times. If at any point Pandora goes to capacity you will get to skip the line with that appointment.

At 6000 posts, even thread search can't help me.

How long are the two FoP pre-ride videos? Were they about 9 minutes each, or about 9 minutes for the two of them? And they're in two different rooms, correct?

From the standby entrance, the walk to the pre-show is about 8 minutes if we don't stop. (No YouTube links, please, I'm waiting.)

I'm trying to get a handle on how long the process is if I manage to enter early enough to have no delays. We plan to take our time through the queue, but that I can figure myself. (And yes, we plan to just wave past us those who are focused on the end game.)

At 6000 posts, even thread search can't help me.

How long are the two FoP pre-ride videos? Were they about 9 minutes each, or about 9 minutes for the two of them? And they're in two different rooms, correct?

From the standby entrance, the walk to the pre-show is about 8 minutes if we don't stop. (No YouTube links, please, I'm waiting.)

I'm trying to get a handle on how long the process is if I manage to enter early enough to have no delays. We plan to take our time through the queue, but that I can figure myself. (And yes, we plan to just wave past us those who are focused on the end game.)

Yes, two different rooms and about 9 minutes for the two videos combined.

Unless there is a zero wait, it will take more than 8 minutes from standby. Ours today was over 2 hours (even though the standby indicated 180 minutes).

Today, there was no single rider line either, although some reported that was open yesterday. The queue is worth going thru at least once.

It is up and running. You go to the store and make the appointment. If tou go straight there for rope drop they may take you immediately. If you are doing it after FoP they may already be doing return times. If at any point Pandora goes to capacity you will get to skip the line with that appointment.
Today at 2:30pm there was a 20 minute wait for the store, but no wait for the avatars made in your image. You stand in the machine where I assume the take a photo of your face. Then they make the doll (action Figure!) off site but they said you could pick it up the same day. It costs $75. Most people were opting to adopt a banshee.

Holy thunderstorm!
I made it for my Pandora FPs but bailed at about 9:15 when it was clear Everest and ROL were not going to happen.
FoP was amazing. FP line was 20 min from start to finish.
The bike next to me was empty so I could see the need for single rider!

Thank you. Does anyone know how fast the appointments for the day fill up? We are not doing FOP this time. Just trying to get her doll as well as use our river ride FP.

We left NC at 6 pm Friday night and drove to Disney, checking into our hotel at 0230. We dropped our bags with luggage service and were in the parking lot at 0310. There was a CM in the lot at that hour, and we were told we were the 6th car in the lot. We were told we would be held at bag check until 0600 and then let through to the tapstiles.
We got through the tapstiles slightly after 7 am and tried to make our way to Pandora, the CM's tried their best to keep it orderly, but it wasn't as effective as I am sure they wanted.
We went strait to FOP and were off the ride by 0730. We joined the line for Windtrader's and I adopted my banshee while DH went for Avatar Maker and the kids browsed.
Spent till noon at AK before heading back to the hotel for a nap and pool time, and returned to Pandora for evening fp's.
We also had evening FP on Sunday for FOP, and rode NRJ and had dinner at Sa'tuli canteen. We tried to use online ordering for that, but apparently it was not working at the time.
It was a crazy, tiring weekend but I am glad we made the quick trip and we really enjoyed Pandora.

Get em quick, a certain website will take piles of them for their social media bribe packs. Plus many others will take them for eBay.

We grabbed the textured map, didn't think much about it until we pulled it out at night time. Under the black lights in Pandora the cover of the map glowed bright white. I had also got the passholder grey t-shirt and the edge of the sleeves and seams also glowed under black light. That was all an unexpected surprise!

Spring for Express bus?? then you can skip several security lines and leave car parked at AK?
Express bus saved us this past weekend! It was also more crowded than I had seen it at the beginning of the month, it's obviously catching on.

We got there early Saturday morning and were able to get a 9:15 return time for DH to get scanned for the Avatar, once he was done he had to come back at least an hour later to pick up the completed doll. When he was scanned he was given a clear card with the ACE logo, and stood in line to pay for the doll. When he went back, he went to the front of the line in front of the store and showed the card and said he was there for pick up and got right in. He brought the card to the podium, they scanned it and went to the avatar maker panel in the back and scanned card again, and he had to put his hand on the bottom screen to identify himself and then in about a minute his avatar showed up in the panel and the CM pulled it out for him. Our DIL went on Sunday night and got one of the last appointments for scanning, and had her avatar in slightly less than an hour, going through the same procedure.

Minimal depending in how early you are there.

at rope drop....how does rope drop work at AK these days?

last time we were there, there was an opening show by the tree of life that occurred right at park opening..
have they discontinued that?
at 9 am, what happens?

our FP window opens in 5 days..
assuming we're able to get a fastpass for FoP, we figured ride FoP using a fastpass after first doing NRJ standby.

Unless there is a zero wait, it will take more than 8 minutes from standby. Ours today was over 2 hours (even though the standby indicated 180 minutes).
Yeah, I'm wondering about straight walking time. Not that I expect it to happen, but just to get a good feel for the actual length.
Since I want to really examine the queue, I actually don't want to have a free shot straight through.
It will be interesting to see how much things slow down by mid-to-late September.

at rope drop....how does rope drop work at AK these days?

last time we were there, there was an opening show by the tree of life that occurred right at park opening..
have they discontinued that?
at 9 am, what happens?

our FP window opens in 5 days..
assuming we're able to get a fastpass for FoP, we figured ride FoP using a fastpass after first doing NRJ standby.
With Pandora opening rope drop hasn't been exactly the same. There also is no more welcome show. They've opened the gates early and then formed a line for entry into Pandora. Things have been changing every day tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter