***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that have gone into Pandora for the AP preview, has anyone had to show ID or just scanning of the magic band?

So sorry your wife couldn't ride FOP...that is a bad note to end a vacation on! I hope the time before that was awesome! We are going to WDW in a month...cross country for us so we dont get to Disney World we often as we do DL. I am hoping I will be able to ride... if you don't mind me asking, is your wife really tall? I heard that was the problem from some (and this thead)

We're actually the same, from California so we hit Disneyland a bit more.

She's 5'10" but her legs are long. She believes it was a calf issue but she probably could have made it work if she wasn't wearing her shoes.

Wearing flexible shoes might be a good idea.

We're actually the same, from California so we hit Disneyland a bit more.

She's 5'10" but her legs are long. She believes it was a calf issue but she probably could have made it work if she wasn't wearing her shoes.

Wearing flexible shoes might be a good idea.

California too! Great!! We are in Northern California near Palo Alto.

I'm 5'10" too. I will be wearing sandals so hopefully I can make it fit (my legs are very long too) I guess I will try the tip-toe thing when the restraint comes up.

Looks like the last group today did not get return tickets (unless they entered early) and were not able to ride. I think the big issue was flight of passage keeps breaking down. I hope they have a tech crew on it because only 2 sides were being used (from my understanding the standby side was used today after about 4pm as well) and of the 4 sections of that side only 2 were being used.

Thanks for the update! I'm scheduled for the last slot on Tuesday so I hope they have it fixed soon!

Oh for those wondering I adopted a banshee. They do not get AP discount which i was okay with. I purchased a stand and that was discounted. They have 3 movements and do have electronic parts (just for noise) so it is not suggested to get them wet.

Wait why isn't the banshee discounted? What's up with that?

Wait why isn't the banshee discounted? What's up with that?

No clue. They treat it like a "donation" not a purchase. I mean it would have been a couple bucks so not make or break for me but thought I'd give others a heads up.

Just to echo what others have said about the 3D glasses. It was the only negative from both of my kids, they are big and slide off.

So an update on our experience. We arrived at the Pandora entrance at 2:15 for our 3-5 and were in by about 2:30. We were given a FP for FOP 3:15-330. We did the river journey with a 5 minute wait and then it started pouring so we spent about 30 minutes shopping in the store. At 3:15 we went to FOP and we're off the ride by about 4:05. We ate at the restaurant and took pictures and left around 5.

Overall, we were impressed!!! FOP is AMAZING. I do wish that I had known beforehand how tight you're locked in there and that there doesn't seem to be a panic button. Both myself and my fiancé struggled a little bit with claustrophobia and being locked in tighter than was comfortable. Also I couldn't keep my 3d glasses on because they were huge, so I had to hold them to my face.

Very excited and so happy disney did this for pass holders.

*edited to clarify 3d glasses issue
I have motion sickness/simulator issues, as well as claustrophia issues. I'll probably pass. I had originally figured I would skip it due to my simulator issues so I only scheduled DH and ODS for FoP, and myself for EE (DH doesn't do roller coasters). But after hearing that those prone to motion sickness were okay, I started re-thinking. But now, after hearing about the claustrophobia, I am fairly set in my decision to NOT ride.

Thanks for sharing!

1. They scanned only my band for me and 3 guests. She scanned my band and said, "Entry for 4" and counted us off. Only 1 band scanned and no further ID.

This was the DVC preview.

2. They gave me a DVC discount on the banshees.

1. They scanned only my band for me and 3 guests. She scanned my band and said, "Entry for 4" and counted us off. Only 1 band scanned and no further ID.

This was the DVC preview.

2. They gave me a DVC discount on the banshees.

I might have to call about the discount. It seemed pretty odd and I would have used my Disney visa if need be. Again not a huge deal but yeah.

Intermittent heavy rain, countless confused guests regarding the session start time and the NRJ dummy FP, long pre-entry Que, unreliable rides, and too many angry or disappointed guests due to not being able to ride FoP for whatever reason. Other than that it was a good day.
Right? I've read that CMs and DVC have gotten a discount.
I know CMs have.
to me its now the best ride in WDW
For me as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter