***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my MDE account is showing my time as 2-5pm (next Sat). My email said 3-5pm. Should I show up at 2? Looks like some people are being let in an hour early.

Hey guys, I saw Pandora, it's neat. Banshee broke down a lot, spent 2.5 hours to ride twice with rider swap (kids ride twice, not me), kids saw the preshow 4.5 times for 2 rides. Na'vi river is an extremely fast loader. There's an interactive percussion area the kids liked, too. Pandora Sunrise drink at canteen tasted like extra sugary powerade - really gross. Food was great though!

We have AP preview on Monday. Does everyone in the party scan their magic bands to get in or just the person who booked it? There are 7 of us and just not sure if they need to be with me (I booked it) or if we can enter separately. Thanks.
Everyone scans bands, and they have a paper list if it doesn't scan correctly. Our bands didn't work right, so they looked us up by name and said "party of 5?" I was in DVC preview though, so it may be different.

Good to know. I am STILL debating which ride to FP+, because I am a chicken when it comes to the feeling of drops. But if I can close my eyes and be okay in terms of the seat's movement, that's good to know!

Thanks! Do the seats tip forward a great deal in the dive?

It didn't feel like a ton but felt noticeable.

Oh for those wondering I adopted a banshee. They do not get AP discount which i was okay with. I purchased a stand and that was discounted. They have 3 movements and do have electronic parts (just for noise) so it is not suggested to get them wet.

Thanks for the updates everyone! I will be there Tuesday for the 6-8 slot. Can't get there much before 6 due to work so hopefully we get on both rides, but if not we have fastpasses for FoP in June. Excited to try the food and I hope they still have some AP pins. Pictures of everything look amazing!

So an update on our experience. We arrived at the Pandora entrance at 2:15 for our 3-5 and were in by about 2:30. We were given a FP for FOP 3:15-330. We did the river journey with a 5 minute wait and then it started pouring so we spent about 30 minutes shopping in the store. At 3:15 we went to FOP and we're off the ride by about 4:05. We ate at the restaurant and took pictures and left around 5.

Overall, we were impressed!!! FOP is AMAZING. I do wish that I had known beforehand how tight you're locked in there and that there doesn't seem to be a panic button. Both myself and my fiancé struggled a little bit with claustrophobia and being locked in tighter than was comfortable. Also I couldn't keep my 3d glasses on because they were huge, so I had to hold them to my face.

Very excited and so happy disney did this for pass holders.

*edited to clarify 3d glasses issue

Last edited:
Looks like the last group today did not get return tickets (unless they entered early) and were not able to ride. I think the big issue was flight of passage keeps breaking down. I hope they have a tech crew on it because only 2 sides were being used (from my understanding the standby side was used today after about 4pm as well) and of the 4 sections of that side only 2 were being used.

We have AP preview on Monday. Does everyone in the party scan their magic bands to get in or just the person who booked it? There are 7 of us and just not sure if they need to be with me (I booked it) or if we can enter separately. Thanks.

We had to scan separately.

So my MDE account is showing my time as 2-5pm (next Sat). My email said 3-5pm. Should I show up at 2? Looks like some people are being let in an hour early.

We got 11 in mde for a 12-2 window we showed up at 1030 and the line was starting to get pretty big.

So an update on our experience. We arrived at the Pandora entrance at 2:15 for our 3-5 and were in by about 2:30. We were given a FP for FOP 3:15-330. We did the river journey with a 5 minute wait and then it started pouring so we spent about 30 minutes shopping in the store. At 3:15 we went to FOP and we're off the ride by about 4:05. We ate at the restaurant and took pictures and left around 5.

Overall, we were impressed!!! FOP is AMAZING. I do wish that I had known beforehand how tight you're locked in there and that there doesn't seem to be a panic button. Both myself and my fiancé struggled a little bit with claustrophobia and being locked in tighter than was comfortable. Also I couldn't keep my glasses on so I had to hold them.

Very excited and so happy disney did this for pass holders.
Long time lurker.... finally decided to sign up so I could ask this question!!

Very concerned by your post saying that you could not keep your glasses on during FOP. Were you forced to take them off by a CM or ride rules? At other 3D glasses attractions at WDW (Philharmagic, TSMM, ST, ITTBAB, MuppetVision), I never had to take my prescription glasses off and was able to wear the 3D glasses over them without issue. I am legally blind without my glasses, so if I am forced to take my glasses off for ROP, it would absolutely be a dealbreaker. I would GREATLY appreciate it if you or anyone else could clarify this. Thank you so much!

Was that the 3D glasses or your own glasses? Were they too big or was it something else that made them fall off?

The glasses were the 3d glasses, I don't wear glasses haha. They were way too big for my head. Edited my post for clarification :)

Long time lurker.... finally decided to sign up so I could ask this question!!

Very concerned by your post saying that you could not keep your glasses on during FOP. Were you forced to take them off by a CM or ride rules? At other 3D glasses attractions at WDW (Philharmagic, TSMM, ST, ITTBAB, MuppetVision), I never had to take my prescription glasses off and was able to wear the 3D glasses over them without issue. I am legally blind without my glasses, so if I am forced to take my glasses off for ROP, it would absolutely be a dealbreaker. I would GREATLY appreciate it if you or anyone else could clarify this. Thank you so much!

Hi! I just edited my post to clarify this. I don't wear glasses and I'm sure there are no issues with wearing the 3d ones over your own. I would imagine they may fit better then. The 3d ones were just giant IMO.

Hi! I just edited my post to clarify this. I don't wear glasses and I'm sure there are no issues with wearing the 3d ones over your own. I would imagine they may fit better then. The 3d ones were just giant IMO.

Thank you so much for the quick clarification! Almost had a panic attack! Not really... but I would have been super disappointed if I couldn't ride because of it.

Thank you so much for the quick clarification! Almost had a panic attack! Not really... but I would have been super disappointed if I couldn't ride because of it.

You will love it!! Even with my feeling claustrophobic and the glasses being too big... it was incredible.

My wife unfortunately could not ride FoP, the back locked but her knees couldn't get high enough. This is also our last day of the trip so it ends it with kind of a sour note.

So sorry your wife couldn't ride FOP...that is a bad note to end a vacation on! I hope the time before that was awesome! We are going to WDW in a month...cross country for us so we dont get to Disney World we often as we do DL. I am hoping I will be able to ride... if you don't mind me asking, is your wife really tall? I heard that was the problem from some (and this thead)

Oh I know someone asked about wheelchairs/ecvs in line. Flight of Passage did allow people through FP+ line with ECV but you had to trasnfer to a provided wheelchair at the preshow portion to the queue. If you could walk short distances they prefered not to transfer to oush chair as there are only so many. The short distance was probably 50 feet as it was 2 rooms then the length of the ride room and 1 of the rooms had a switch back.

Oh I know someone asked about wheelchairs/ecvs in line. Flight of Passage did allow people through FP+ line with ECV but you had to trasnfer to a provided wheelchair at the preshow portion to the queue. If you could walk short distances they prefered not to transfer to oush chair as there are only so many. The short distance was probably 50 feet as it was 2 rooms then the length of the ride room and 1 of the rooms had a switch back.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter