OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

I'm mainly excited to ride Everest at night again. We got to go on a few times after the Everest Challenge last year and it was honestly my favorite Disney memory. Something about going down that drop at night is a lot more scarier than during the day! I can't wait to experience that again with the later hours.

(Yay first post here!)

I'm mainly excited to ride Everest at night again. We got to go on a few times after the Everest Challenge last year and it was honestly my favorite Disney memory. Something about going down that drop at night is a lot more scarier than during the day! I can't wait to experience that again with the later hours.

(Yay first post here!)
:welcome:pixiedust:

I'm putting the odds at 50-50 that we'll have nighttime AK during our April trip. Whole family is bummed. Maybe we'll find an EMH dessert party to throw our money at instead. 'Hey kids, sorry about the night safari and light show... howabout an ice cream bar and water at midnight instead?"

Im more excited for ROL I cant stand it! I heard rumors of a Flame Tree Barbecue dining package? How would that work at a quick service restaurant?

Not sure how reliable this is, but...on the phone today with a guest services cast member, she mentioned that lots of new stuff would be starting up at Animal Kingdom during our stay. I didn't pay much attention though, since we don't plan to do any of the new stuff this trip. Our dates are April 22-29.

For annual passholders, will any kind of separate ticket be required for the April 17 preview, or can all passholders get in?

Not sure how reliable this is, but...on the phone today with a guest services cast member, she mentioned that lots of new stuff would be starting up at Animal Kingdom during our stay. I didn't pay much attention though, since we don't plan to do any of the new stuff this trip. Our dates are April 22-29.

Oh yes, the start date for all the things listed in this thread should be April 22, so you are going to have a lot of new things at AK to look forward to on your trip :)

For annual passholders, will any kind of separate ticket be required for the April 17 preview, or can all passholders get in?

Unsure. Still not even 100% the parties will happen. Many people expect concrete, actual news from Disney to be released in the new first days since tomorrow is the first day of April.

:offtopic: Sooooo, I just read that the MK railroad is closed from April 11th to the 23rd? Did that get pushed from an earlier time? I checked to see if it was open before we booked and I thought it was, how did I miss this? Anyone? :(

Edit - D'oh! Meant to post this in the monster ROL thread where the line between off topic and on topic is more blurry! Sorry!

Last edited:
:offtopic: Sooooo, I just read that the MK railroad is closed from April 11th to the 23rd? Did that get pushed from an earlier time? I checked to see if it was open before we booked and I thought it was, how did I miss this? Anyone? :(

Edit - D'oh! Meant to post this in the monster ROL thread where the line between off topic and on topic is more blurry! Sorry!

That's ok, I'll allow it :rotfl2:

I had read this, I think it just happened in the last day or two. Which sucks, I always enjoy a nice relaxing train ride around the Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter