OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

As of right now AK is not showing any hours on the calendar in June for our stay. So hope they are in the process of changing them.

As of right now AK is not showing any hours on the calendar in June for our stay. So hope they are in the process of changing them.

We are going in June too (10th - 19th) and I just did a spot check for the whole month and it is still showing AK open until 8pm. So no changes.

So what's everyone looking forward to the most? I'm not going to count ROL, because that should be soooo good.

It might seem odd, but I'm very excited to see the hyenas. I heard that hyenas are very difficult to keep in a zoo type environment, so I've never seen them in person before.

I'm also very interested to see how the street parties go. I'm a little suspicious that the Carnivale one might have black lights or some sort of lights on their costumes since the Parks blog post said 'in the moonlight, everyone appears to glow'.
Besides just being at AK at nighttime, I'm looking forward to...
1) ROL
2) Sunset Safari
3) Tree of Life at night
4) Tiffins

We're going to be there the weekend of the previews. Any idea how / when to buy tix?

Very little info has been released on how this will work. You will most likely want to keep an eye on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/ri...an-option-on-the-android-app-updated.3486308/ where DISers are commiserating over the lack of info and obsessively checking for the start of premiere party reservations, Safari and ROL fast passes, Tiffin's ADR and opening date and ROL dining package releases. This thread will probably discover the option to book these things before it is announced on the Disney Parks blog.

If you want to check on your own, you can check the Disney dining for AK page, or the Disney events and tours booking page. You can also call Disney directly to ask about availability for booking. People on the above mentioned thread do all of those things constantly to check for reservations.

People think it will be available to book online and over the phone, but there is a chance it will only be available to book over the phone.

We just have very little info at this time. Welcome to the unknown :(

I'm also very interested to see how the street parties go. I'm a little suspicious that the Carnivale one might have black lights or some sort of lights on their costumes since the Parks blog post said 'in the moonlight, everyone appears to glow'.
The pictures they are using appear to be from Harambe Nights
At that they gave us all fluorescent face paint and the stilt walkers costumes are quite neon too

Nice work!This Thread rocks!:)

My trip is April 9-16 so Friday will be my only shot at one of the RoL Events.

How quickly does everyone think the 4000 tickets for Friday will sellout? Minutes? Hours? One Day?

Also,since there are 2 RoLs why aren't they selling 4000 tickets for EACH show?

And why is "EMH" mentioned?

Does this mean PM EMH is coming back at DAK?

Thanks!:)

Nice work!This Thread rocks!:)

My trip is April 9-16 so Friday will be my only shot at one of the RoL Events.

How quickly does everyone think the 4000 tickets for Friday will sellout? Minutes? Hours? One Day?

Also,since there are 2 RoLs why aren't they selling 4000 tickets for EACH show?

And why is "EMH" mentioned?

Does this mean PM EMH is coming back at DAK?

Thanks!:)

I think they are selling 4000 tickets to the first preview party but I would expect more than 4000 people will be there but they will be Disney executives, etc.

I think they are selling 4000 tickets to the first preview party but I would expect more than 4000 people will be there but they will be Disney executives, etc.
So the 4000 ticket holders get to go to BOTH RoLs that night?

So the 4000 ticket holders get to go to BOTH RoLs that night?

My guess is that there will be 8000 people there that night but only 4000 will be people who purchased tickets. I have zero knowledge but just my guess from the way Disney usually previews things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter