OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

Does this effect the Night Time Safari as well or will that be rolled out on 4/22?
Yes, ALL of the nighttime attractions have been postponed:
"new nighttime experiences including Rivers of Light, Kilimanjaro Safaris, awakenings at the Tree of Life and other atmosphere entertainment."

Disappointed like so many others. The 22nd is our 48th wedding anniversary. We hoped to celebrate with the "Lights". Would have been a great way to do so!

I'm glad an official announcement has finally been made. I'm also glad I didn't buy in advance a one day AK ticket for Thursday, April 28 (the only day I could have attended).

Sorry for all the folks already booked late April thru late May, and maybe beyond.

Oh, is Thursday 4/28 one of those $149 MK nights???? :rotfl2:

Bummed, we're scheduled to be in AK on April 23rd. We have been going pretty much every year but with all the price increases and the fact that they no longer do non expiring tickets we will for certain be skipping a year at least so I guess I wont get to see this new show until 2018. Of course who knows, it might not actually get rolled out until 2018!

For those of us with April trips, that sure was a lot of ROL anticipation that turned out to be for absolutely nothing. :charac2:

But it does seem to answer the question of where in my busy schedule can I possibly do my laundry.
My thoughts exactly. I was hoping for at least extended hours but otherwise I will just do the normal day and head back to the resort to do laundry while I relax by the pool and watch a movie. Bummed but just means I will have more to look forward to when I get around to returning. Just not sure if it will be 2017 or 2018 as I am hoping for all the AK updates to be done & maybe most of the Hollywood studios revisions as well. I can wait but I am a little disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter