OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

Bummer - my only hope was a preview party anyway. I'm just glad to know 100% one way or another finally. This also frees up my money for other things...haha!

Does this effect the Night Time Safari as well or will that be rolled out on 4/22?

I'm also wondering if they will still roll out some of the evening activities. Oh well, I'm a bit sad, but I'll be at WDW, so can't complain.

I may have had a premonition, though. I hat a 6:15 ADR at Yak and Yeti that I'd made just in case on a random night, and I wasn't "feeling it" and cancelled over the weekend!

Wow, Disney has not had a very good week so far (or really last few weeks for that matter).

Confusing. Why did they just announce all those special showings if they knew it was going to be delayed?

Not surprised. I don't think there's ever been a big opening of anything in the last 10+ years that hasn't been delayed. I won't be surprised if it's delayed until late summer/early fall before it's all said and done.

LEFT hand... meet RIGHT hand. ;)

Hands-GIF_250_zps51a2afcd.gif

Last edited:
True enough.

It's not an issue for us -- our trip isn't until December. But I've got my fingers crossed for anyone who was hoping to see it this summer.

I wonder if this is also the reason why we never saw longer hours of operation, when it was supposed to be going on...I am looking at going in Sept and the hours are still closing at 6ish the whole time we are there...wonder if it will even be ready by then. I can only hope!!!!

I'm looking forward to hearing about peoples experiences with ROL and the tree projection show. I just watched a preview clip on Disney Parks Blog it seems similar to the castle projections at MK. We won't be going until 2017, so I will be watching the boards to find out what people recommend are the best viewing spots!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter