"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
MVC982651LARGE.jpg

Click the link below to purchase your tickets!
Tickets: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/purchase/

Welcome everyone to the 2016 Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party thread where you will get THE most updated information for all of your holiday needs! Most of this information is from last years party, however I will update it as time goes by - and will WITHOUT a doubt be attending this year!

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Frequently Asked Questions:

:santa: What are the dates for the 2016 MVMCP? :santa:
:santa:What time can I enter the park? Is it worth it? :santa:
  • You can enter the park starting at 4:00pm EST, and the park is open until 12:00 am. The Christmas festivities, and party start at 7:00 however, if you want to get some more park time, and enjoy yourself I would recommend to go in at 4. Once you enter the park you will receive a wristband, and you must have it on for your entire party duration.
  • The second part of the question is 100% absolutely yes you and your entire family should take part in this event at least ONE time in your lives. It truly makes the Christmas season feel alive, and makes you remember the warm memories of Christmas past. I had enough time to ride every ride I wanted to, meet every character, AND see most of the shows!
:santa:Do you have a map of the party?:santa:
  • upload_2016-11-6_10-16-45-png.205386
  • mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-map-2.jpg
:santa:Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Party Card?:santa:
  • jdnfs080.jpg
:santa:Do I need a wristband? What if I want to stay without one?:santa:
  • Why not pick a different night during the week to plan your stay to the Magic Kingdom. People work very hard for their money to pay for the party ticket, and so should you! If you do not have a wristband you should make your way to the gate to exit by 7:00 PM. If you don't leave voluntarily you will be asked to show proof of your wristband; at that time you will be asked to leave if you don't have one. Also they have different color wristbands, so one wristband won't allow you for double dips if you just leave it on your arm for the next day :p
:santa:How much is the party?:santa:
  • 2016 The Prices of the Tickets Have INCREASED AGAIN Depending on the night the party tickets can range from 86 dollars to 96 dollars, pretty expensive I know! However, if you purchase them prior to the party starting you don't have to pay extra the day of the party. So please plan ahead as these events SELL OUT. The tickets now seem to go on sale in APRIL, however we were able to get tickets to the event a month in advance, so if you want to be 100% sure you grab one - get it in April!

November 2016

November 10, 13
    • Advance Purchase:
      Adult: $86 + tax, Child: $81 + tax
    • Same Day Purchase:
  • Adult: $91 + tax, Child: $86 + tax

November 18, 27, 29
    • Advance Purchase Purchase:
      Adult: $92 + tax, Child: $87 + tax
    • Same Day Purchase:
      Adult: $96 + tax, Child: $91 + tax
    November 7, 8, 11, 15
    • Advance/Same Day Purchase Purchase:
      Adult: $91 + tax, Child: $86 + tax

• December 2016

December 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 13
    • Advance Purchase:
      Adult: $92 + tax, Child: $87 + tax
    • Same Day Purchase:
  • Adult: $96 + tax, Child: $91 + tax

December 1
    • Advance/Same Day Purchase:
      Adult: $91 + tax, Child: $86 + tax
    December 9, 15
    • Advance Purchase/Same Day Purchase:
      Adult: $96 + tax, Child: $91 + tax
    December 16, 18, 22
    • Advance Purchase/Same Day Purchase:
      Adult: $99 + tax, Child: $94 + tax
:santa:Where can I buy the tickets at? :santa:
  • Simple, go to Disney's website and purchase the tickets. Once you do so it will be linked up to your "My Disney Experience" - and show as a connected park ticket. From there, you can plan your party out, and make fast pass selections accordingly. You can also call Disney directly to coordinate these plans, or even ask your travel agent to book your Christmas part accordingly! We will have it updated if you can or can not purchase tickets in your My Disney Experience App!
:santa:Can I use Fast Pass + for the party? :santa:
  • YES. You make up to 3 selections for the party prior to the 7 o clock start time. We picked all of our times between 4-6 so we did not miss any of the beginnings of the party festivities. They are no different than making your normal fast pass selections, and you will maximize your Disney experience getting on some of your favorite attractions before the start of the party.
:santa:What Complimentary holiday treats are the offering?:santa:
  • Adventureland Tortuga Tavern
  • • Hot Cocoa and Snickerdoodle Cookies
    Liberty Square Heritage House
    • Eggnog and Ginger-Molasses Cookies
    Fantasyland The Friar’s Nook
    • Snow Cone and Sugar Cookies Pete’s Silly Sideshow • Apple Cider and Sugar Cookies0
    Tomorrowland The Lunching Pad
    • Hot Cocoa and Peppermint Bark Cookies

Complimentary holiday treats available until 12 a.m. at the following locations: Alternative healthy options are available upon request

Special Offerings
    Specialty Food
    • Plaza Ice Cream Parlor: Peppermint Hot Fudge Sundae
    • Gaston’s Tavern: Holiday Tree Cupcake
    • Main Street Bakery: Frozen Snowflake Cupcake, Peppermint Cupcake, Holiday Cookies
    • Sleepy Hollow: Pumpkin Waffle Sundae
:santa:What is a list of all the characters I can meet?:santa:
  • Sandy Claws aka Jack Skellington
  • Santa Clause
  • The Seven Dwarfs
  • Minnie Mouse
  • Daisy Donald and Scrooge
  • Santa Goofy
  • Aurora and Phillip
  • Tiana and Prince Naveen
  • Cinderella and Prince Charming
  • Ariel
  • Snow White and The Prince
  • Mary Poppins, Bert and the Penguin
  • Princess Elena
  • Merida
  • Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Tinkerbell
  • Rapunzel & Flynn Rider
  • Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps
  • Peter Pan
  • Abu, Jasmine, Aladdin & Genie
  • Mickey Mouse

:santa:Are the attractions open?:santa:
  • From my understanding MOST attractions are open and with little to no wait time! Imagine going on Space Mountain with no wait or Peter Pans flight without a 40 minute que! It's quite amazing to go on your favorite attractions with little to no crowds! The only ride that was consistently full with lines pending 40/60 minutes was the Seven Dwarfs Mine train...oh man people must love that ride, and the attraction that was the longest was Anna & Elsa...I think I saw a wait time of 30 minutes, but maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me! A Special thanks to ses1230, for pointing out that attractions like Hall of Presidents & Carousel of Progress might not be open, so please get those in before party time.
:santa:Are the dining options open?:santa:
  • MOST places seemed to be open, however I'm not too entirely sure about the sit down restaurants, all quick service options looked like they were ready for service. So fear not if you don't want to get yourself stuffed on Christmas treats, there are plenty of options for you and your family to dine on. I also saw special Christmas Offerings in most selections which included things with a hint of peppermint! Again special thanks to ses1230 for pointing out that Columbia Harbor House is closed for the party and Pinocchios Village Haus becomes a treat serving station.
:santa:What time does the parade start?
  • The parades start at 8:15 and 10:30 sharp! Don't miss out on a good seat as seeing the parade in person is an absolute must. My spot was in front of the entrance to the Magic Kingdom train...little to no one on good front curb side seats 10 minutes before the parade, and excellent spot and great interactions from the characters! Frozen seems to be the them at this years Once Upon a Seasons parade...as Anna & Elsa, Olaf, and Kristoff had their own floats.

:santa:What time does the firework show start?:santa:
  • 9:30 PM starts off Holiday Wishes! For this you might want to grab a good spot at least a couple of minutes in advance and please make sure you avoid the parents who are going to leverage their kids to their shoulders to obstruct everyone's view. This is something you CANT miss, it was absolute beautiful, and I would never want to miss this show being in the parks.
:santa:I'm afraid the party is too overcrowded, has it been this year?:santa:
  • To be honest...NO the party seemed very manageable outside of the parade and fireworks show...nothing was that long in terms of wait, and it seemed like the night went by very smoothly. Main street is chaotic at first but it dies down, and to be able to see the snow as you walk with hot chocolate in your hands is an absolute must do...please don't let the stories about overcrowding frighten you, I went on a Thursday and Friday and it seemed perfect to me.
:santa:Can I purchase Memory Maker for that One Day?:santa:
  • YES ask guest relations to place this on your account for a special one day price of $59.99. Totally worth it if you LOVE taking pictures, as nothing beats Disney Photo-pass Photographers....they will still take photos for you AND will be out past park closing at 12 so don't worry you can still sneak some photos in! However, if you have the regular Memory Maker package, relax, your photos from The Christmas Party will be there too!
:santa:I'm worried about the weather for me and my young ones, should I be?:santa:
  • *Puts on best New York Accent* I'm from Brooklyn so 50 degrees to me is like a nice summer breeze, however if those of you freeze past 70 degrees please take a jacket, and earmuffs. Also I would recommend you come to NYC to see what a real winter/cold spell it like if you think that's freeze :p
:santa:Does MVMCP end before Christmas?:santa:
  • The actual EVENT does end on the selected dates, however they still have the Christmas Parade for FREE in the Magic Kingdom afterwards for you to enjoy incase you can't make it! You should try your best though!
Mickeys' Very Merry Christmas Party Dining FAQ

:santa: Can I make reservations to dine in the park WITHOUT a party ticket? :santa:
  • Yes - You can make your reservations up until the point that the party starts. So don't fret if you don't want to waste park time to enjoy diner with your family. However, be advised that you will be asked to leave the property as soon as your dining experience is complete. If you don't have wrist bands for that particular day, you can obtain some IF the party has not sold out.
:santa: Should I eat in a Disney restaurant while the party is going on - will I miss something?:santa:
  • Subjective. However, remember you can enter the park at 4:00 pm. If you want to you can reserve dining from 4pm on. Most would agree that you should eat either before - or during the 4-7 time periods so you DON'T waste the Christmas festivity times.
:santa: Is there a premium dining/desert party like the Halloween's Villain Soiree?:santa:
Christmas Party Entertainment

The entertainment is jammed packed during your Holiday party ticket! You will have a hard time trying to hit all the rides AND see teh shows. For your convenience, I have included a short summary of the entertainment offerings, if their worth it, and you tube links so you can experience the magic for yourself!

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Summary: The classic holiday parade that goes down main street featuring FROZEN characters.
Is it worth it: 100% absolutely this is the highlight of the party in my opinion. Make sure you get a parade spot, and enjoy as the characters dressed in their Christmas best make their way down fronteirland into main street. The Toy Soldiers alone make this worth it. Please, make sure you take your family to see this as they will be talking about this for years to come, an excellent holiday show.

A Frozen Holiday Wish
Youtube link:
Summary: Characters from FROZEN stop by to light up the Cinderella Castle
Is it worth it: The streets of main street USA become PACKED. The first session is offered so the day guests without admission to the party can see it as well. My advice is if you like Frozen, see it, however I just didn't think it was worth the pushing and shoving I've seen. Again, like the parade, come back during the SECOND show to get some relief!

Holiday Wishes
Summary: Castle firework show with a Christmas theme
Is it worth it: This alone will pay for your ticket, and justify the extra costs associated. Holiday wishes,left me as a grown man, in smiles and happiness. There is something seeing the fireworks show combined with Christmas that really brings out the magic. This and the parade are the MUST DOs of the entire evening. I don't care how many times you have seen it, see it again.

A Totally Tomorowland Christmas
Summary: Cute Christmas show featuring Disney Characters in Tomorowland
Is it worth it: This you COULD skip if you really wanted too :p. I'm sorry it's a really cute show, but if you only have a limited time and want to see characters and rides I would pick both over this show. Don't get me wrong the show is really cute, however I don't think this is necessairly a DRAW to the show. Please though, see it for yourself and decide.

:santa:What's new for 2016?:santa:

“Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.” This show features Mickey and his friends at an “unforgettable Christmas party filled with music, dancing, color and fun.” Some of the characters in the show include Woody, Jessie, Peter Pan, Snow White, and more.

Taking place on the Castle Forecourt Stage, this show will be filled with holiday songs, special effects and projections, and Disney characters.

:santa: 2016 Very Merry Christmas Party Event Schedule :santa:

Frozen Holiday Wish
6:30pm and 8:15pm
Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
7:40pm,8:30pm,9:20pm,10:45pm
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
8:30pm and 11pm
Holiday Wishes
(Firework Show) 10pm

Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration
7:40pm, 9:25pm, 10:30pm, 12am

Last edited:
I'm going to really update this bad boy later on but just put it up as a place holder - I don't want to use my photos from two years ago if anyone has photos from LAST year that they want to share, please feel free and I'll update them in the OP. I'm DEF going this year so look forward to my photos at a later date - and as always we will keep this thread up to date with the best and most accurate info we can find.

Also, I'm looking for reviews from last years party too that I can place in the OP as again, I don't want to litter you guys with a review from 2 years ago (that essentially is the same party, but alas a fresh take is nice.)

Also what I'll be doing is when I see a topic mentioned here on the DIS asking a question about the party I will then incorporate it into the FAQ so hopefully people can reference this thread.

Thanks for the info! If we were to go around the second week in November, would the parks have Christmas decorations up?

We typically don't go to WDW during the weeks this is going on, so I think it'll be worth it to attend at least once. Having the opportunity to meet characters, see the parades, and fireworks show is more important than riding the rides.

DW, DD5 and myself will be going to WDW from 12/4-12/12 do you think doing the party twice would be overkill or would once be sufficient?

DW, DD5 and myself will be going to WDW from 12/4-12/12 do you think doing the party twice would be overkill or would once be sufficient?

I've only been once. It was the last party, 12/18/14. So we didn't have an option of a 2nd party. After the last party, the parade is offered daily. Also, Elsa lighting the castle was part of party, but then was offered to regular guest @ 6:15 prior to party starting.

We were very pleased with what we did that night. More M&Gs than rides. 1st parade. Frozen Castle Show. We did do the Wishes Dessert Party during MVMCP, more due to age of DD5 @ time & speculated crowd level. But actually LOVED our location, desserts & hot chocolate. Cold that night. No one in front of her. This was pre-Hub completion & walls were up.

If given the option, we would go twice. That's our plan for MNSSHP this year, 2x. Attending 1x or 2x, subjective. Plenty will say waste of money, too crowded, etc. some will say only once. For us, it was a new Disney experience. Went in with low expectations based on reviews, threads, etc. It was one of our best MK days, we had a plan. Meet all of the princesses & princes, 7 Drawfs, Sandy Claws, Minnie Mouse in peppermint outfit, characters in big top, Goofy Santa & misc characters throughout park. Rode a few rides. Reserved 3 FP+ b/t 3-6, we had APs. But can reserve 3 with party ticket, 3;30-6:30.

If it's in your budget, go twice!!! :santa:

YIPPEE SKIPPEE:thanks:
You're the awesomest!!!
BTW, we went on December 15, 2015 and no one in our party received the Olaf cards. They were not given to us on admission and we were the 1st in line at our gate. Quite honestly I had forgotten about it, until you just mentioned it. Weird.
Anyway, thank you so much for starting the thread! Sparkle on!pixiedust:

I've only been once. It was the last party, 12/18/14. So we didn't have an option of a 2nd party. After the last party, the parade is offered daily. Also, Elsa lighting the castle was part of party, but then was offered to regular guest @ 6:15 prior to party starting.

We were very pleased with what we did that night. More M&Gs than rides. 1st parade. Frozen Castle Show. We did do the Wishes Dessert Party during MVMCP, more due to age of DD5 @ time & speculated crowd level. But actually LOVED our location, desserts & hot chocolate. Cold that night. No one in front of her. This was pre-Hub completion & walls were up.

If given the option, we would go twice. That's our plan for MNSSHP this year, 2x. Attending 1x or 2x, subjective. Plenty will say waste of money, too crowded, etc. some will say only once. For us, it was a new Disney experience. Went in with low expectations based on reviews, threads, etc. It was one of our best MK days, we had a plan. Meet all of the princesses & princes, 7 Drawfs, Sandy Claws, Minnie Mouse in peppermint outfit, characters in big top, Goofy Santa & misc characters throughout park. Rode a few rides. Reserved 3 FP+ b/t 3-6, we had APs. But can reserve 3 with party ticket, 3;30-6:30.

If it's in your budget, go twice!!! :santa:
Thanks for the info, it looks like we'll be doing the party twice. I am beyond excited for this trip, it will be my first trip in over 25 years and my DW's and DD5's first trip.

Any tips on getting the Wishes reservation? How far in advance were you able to book?

I wish we could have done two parties last year. The only other date sold out while we were there before we decided if we wanted to go again. Main Street was a zoo during the party so I felt super rushed. We never made it beyond Fantasyland and Mainstreet and we were there for the entire party with two kids under 5!

Any tips on getting the Wishes reservation? How far in advance were you able to book?

Book as soon as it's available if you plan to attend. Books pretty quick. I booked in advance, with mindset to cancel if MVMCP offered Dessert Party like MNSSHP. Glad I did not wait, b/c no special party within party @ MVMCP 2014.

Full Payment due at time of booking, cancellation policy (thinking 5D, but you can check & OP will reply too). Try online @ 6am EST, before calling. Online available 1hr prior to phones. I want to say 180D. It was during the summer. If Wishes Dessert Party IS NOT showing at 180D mark, there are typically threads under Disney Restaurants and other places throughout the Disboards sating this info.

I don't do the Halloween one! Usually someone else does that and I don't wanna step on toes but I'll start to populate infor soon :)

@monique5 is doing the Official MNSSHP this year and @smitch is going to do the Official MNSSHP roll call as she does every year!

After posting, found the Official 2015 MNSSHP thread. Reached out to @lovethattink, and now we have http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...y-halloween-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819/.
So it appears that I'm that someone else. LOL! Yikes! :surfweb: Any info/help is welcomed. :thumbsup2

You'll do fine! No worries!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!