Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

In case you don't want to go all the way over to the Run Disney site, here are the Host Resorts:

Disney Value Resorts
Packages start as low as $214 per person for a two night stay.*
* Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
* Disney's All-Star Music Resort
* Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Disney Moderate Resorts
Packages start as low as $259 per person for a two night stay.*
* Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
* Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Disney Deluxe Resorts
Packages start as low as $458 per person for a two night stay*
* Disney's Beach Club Resort
* Disney's BoardWalk Resort​

Not the resorts I was hoping for. Are these rates really that much cheaper?

If that is based on single occupancy, it is $107/night for the All-Stars. Not exactly what I would call a deal. But it isn't really about giving us a great deal to stay on sight, its to keep us all corralled into certain hotels if we want to use Disney's Transportation Services.

If pass holder rates are released, I may just rent a car. Sooo much easier.

....still wishing they would offer the choice of either a men's or women's cut shirt rather than the unisex...but oh well...it's not a deal breaker, I'll be there and I'll get the pin too because I'm a sucker!!! :rotfl: The BF and I decided at lunch today that we're going to splurge and stay at BW...at least that's the plan now...hopefully nothing happens in the next 7 months that will force us to change our minds. We've never stayed there before so it'll be nice to try something new...and that one has always been on his "want" list. Now seriously, what has happened to the fares to Orlando from Houston??? They've been insane lately! I'm trying to swing a trip in April and they are currently not budging from around $330-$370 and it's driving me nuts! :headache:

....still wishing they would offer the choice of either a men's or women's cut shirt rather than the unisex...but oh well...it's not a deal breaker, I'll be there and I'll get the pin too because I'm a sucker!!! :rotfl: The BF and I decided at lunch today that we're going to splurge and stay at BW...at least that's the plan now...hopefully nothing happens in the next 7 months that will force us to change our minds. We've never stayed there before so it'll be nice to try something new...and that one has always been on his "want" list. Now seriously, what has happened to the fares to Orlando from Houston??? They've been insane lately! I'm trying to swing a trip in April and they are currently not budging from around $330-$370 and it's driving me nuts! :headache:

One perk is you can walk back to the Boardwalk from HS and the after party, if you so desire.:goodvibes

Am I understanding this correctly? A ticket to the Hollywood Bash will be included with registration? If so, that is an awesome deal. Much less than the Princess 1/2 registration and an after party included. :thumbsup2

Glad to finally see details! I thought the price seemed reasonable. I'm surprised there is no chEAR squad or race retreat packages though. I guess the after party replaces that? I thought there might be a pasta night, too, but maybe they don't do that with the night races? I would also like to know the theme for the 5k. Maybe a villains theme? I'm kinda liking it so far. Now to keep training, training, training!

Glad to finally see details! I thought the price seemed reasonable. I'm surprised there is no chEAR squad or race retreat packages though. I guess the after party replaces that? I thought there might be a pasta night, too, but maybe they don't do that with the night races? I would also like to know the theme for the 5k. Maybe a villains theme? I'm kinda liking it so far. Now to keep training, training, training!

The race is at night, so chances are Disney won't allow/discourage spectators from cheering from along most of the course, as with the Wine and Dine.

A villains theme would R-O-C-K!!!!!!!!

Looks like another Dolphin hotel stay for me! :) And the walk to the start (presuming it's at HS like the 13K) is a perfect warm-up. :thumbsup2

I know I'll stay in the Boardwalk area but not sure if I do Swan/Dolphin vs. Beach Club vs. trying Boardwalk for the 1st time. I'll just have to see what the prices for everything turn out to be. And I'm trying to get some girlfriends to come so I can share the cost!

Amanda

There's finally more info posted for the ToT 10 miler on the runDisney site!

Awesome! The race is cheaper than expected at $90, and the Hollywood Bash included for all race registrants? AWESOME! And at $44 for the Hollywood Bash for my family, this is sounding like a good deal to me. I can't wait!:yay::woohoo:

Can someone please post the link to the 2012 Wine & Dine Half Marathon thread, because for some reason I cannot seem to find it.

Thanks!

Melinda:thumbsup2

So we are just a few short days away from the registration opening for the TOT! Is anyone else going to register the day is starts? I am ready to get this thing planned and started! :thumbsup2

So we are just a few short days away from the registration opening for the TOT! Is anyone else going to register the day is starts? I am ready to get this thing planned and started! :thumbsup2

I expect to get my federal returns back next week, so short answer. Yes.
ToT 10M & 5K. DL ½ & 5K. And as soon as it opens Wine & Dine ½ & 5K.

Then it will be saving a bit to pay to be Dopey for Marathon Weekend 2013. :faint:

I expect to get my federal returns back next week, so short answer. Yes.
ToT 10M & 5K. DL ½ & 5K. And as soon as it opens Wine & Dine ½ & 5K.

Then it will be saving a bit to pay to be Dopey for Marathon Weekend 2013. :faint:

Wow, that's a full calendar! I keep waiting and expecting to get the urge to do a full, but it just hasn't happened yet. I've watched my BF train for 2 now and I just can't wrap my head around doing that kind of mileage every.single.weekend for training. Maybe someday!

I'll be signing up for ToT the day it opens too. Tink and ToT are looking to be the only Disney races for 2012 for me...would have been W&D if they hadn't changed the dates...still bummed about that. The BF wants to try something different this year instead of running DL a 4th time...and I for some reason didn't like the DL half so much and didn't care to do it again either. I'm planning on Tink and Princess for 2013 though...and maybe the W&D or ToT again!

Wow, that's a full calendar! I keep waiting and expecting to get the urge to do a full, but it just hasn't happened yet. I've watched my BF train for 2 now and I just can't wrap my head around doing that kind of mileage every.single.weekend for training. Maybe someday!

I'll be signing up for ToT the day it opens too. Tink and ToT are looking to be the only Disney races for 2012 for me...would have been W&D if they hadn't changed the dates...still bummed about that. The BF wants to try something different this year instead of running DL a 4th time...and I for some reason didn't like the DL half so much and didn't care to do it again either. I'm planning on Tink and Princess for 2013 though...and maybe the W&D or ToT again!

If I would have been in a better mind set, I'd be doing the Princess. But I can't justify almost $600 on airfare for a weekend. (That would make a perfect grand slam for me and runDisney this year...)

Next year is the 20th anniversary of the Mickey Marathon. I got Donald's special medal for the 15th, why not nab the special 20th medal too?

If I would have been in a better mind set, I'd be doing the Princess. But I can't justify almost $600 on airfare for a weekend. (That would make a perfect grand slam for me and runDisney this year...)

Next year is the 20th anniversary of the Mickey Marathon. I got Donald's special medal for the 15th, why not nab the special 20th medal too?

That's a great excuse to do that race! I'm hoping for a 5th year medal at the Princess in 2013 :)

Next year is the 20th anniversary of the Mickey Marathon. I got Donald's special medal for the 15th, why not nab the special 20th medal too?[/QUOTE]

That is so awesome! Your medal collection is phenomenal! Just think how much you could get for them on eBay? lololol Totally just kidding! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
That is an impressive amount of Disney races.

I am gonna wait and register for it at the Princess Expo!:cool1:

The Royal Family 5K will be my first race...ever...do you think they would still have the party tickets available then? I thought of registering at the expo but don't want to risk not being able to have my family with me at the end of the race.

I just started running. We were planning to be at WDW during this time anyway and I am thinking about signing up for the 5k or possibly shooting for the 10 miler. Are the resorts listed on the runDisney site the host hotels? Is the cost of the Hollywood Bash really included in the registtration fee for the 10 miler? How soon do these races fill up? I'm not quite ready to commit yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter