OFFICIAL: In Honor of ROBERT "BAWB" VARLEY May 3, 2008

I will light a candle at 2:00 (CST) and I am making my own version of a Dole Whip.. I am wearing my PodCast T-shirt.

At 2:00 (CST) I am lighting a candle, saying a prayer and toasting with Dole Pineapple orange juice which is the closest thing I have. It is about 10 minutes until the service right now. I am picturing the Podcast Team sitting together at the service and comforting each other. I am wishing I could be there. I wish you all laughter through tears which is the emotion I think heals the heart and soul.

I will share with all the people in my family, those that didn't know Bob, what a gentle soul he was. When they ask me how could I know this, that I never met him, I will tell them that it just came through in is voice, how he shared himself & his stories. That's all we really have to offer anyone in the end...just ourselves & our stories.

I'm sitting here listening to last weeks podcast show, it's now 3pm on the east coast. Bob's voice will never be silenced. :goodvibes

I honestly didn't plan it, but I've been listening to podcasts today and I had the 5/1 podcast on and at 3pm the part about the Dole Whips and Bawb's empty cups in the cooler was on as I lit my pineapple candle.

It is now 3 p.m. in Florida. I am saying a prayer for Bob's family and friends as they gather to remember him - such a fun-loving, big-hearted man. May his loved ones find comfort in each other and be able to clebrate Bob's life today knowing there are thousands of us all over the world joining with them in spirit.
We miss you, Bob! Thank for all the laughter and joy you brought to our lives.

I just planted a tree.

I am think of all his friends and family gathered in Orlando at this moment celebrating the life of a wonderful human being and am with them in spirit.

Rest in peace Bob.

:sad:
Kelly

I was just doing my Bawb tribute and a song called "I saw God Today" came on the radio....Very peaceful!

I'm wearing my DIS Unplugged shirt and as soon as I stop crying, from watching the memorial video, I'll be eating some pineapple.

My heart breaks for the Bob's family, Podcast crew and the many close friends he had.

I went and bought a little palm tree to take care of in Bob's memory. All I really can do is send a lot of love and "dixie butts" to the podcast and Bob's family. :( The little memorial one the disboards page made my cry buckets.

As DH posted previously (#6), he DID take a nap, in honor of Bawb, he said.

Then, promptly at 3 p.m., I woke him up and we lit two candles, which we'll allow to extinguish on their own...

just sooo sad today...:sad1: Bawb, we'll really miss you....

:grouphug: to all...

I'm wearing my DIS Unplugged t-shirt today. I'm now sitting here, thinking of the team and Bob's family sitting at the memorial right now. I'm sure the service is packed with people that Bob has touched over his life.

For the people who have said they never listened to the podcasts and even for those who have, it's great to listen to the 10th Anniversary Show from 6/12/07. Bob talks about his love of Disney and how he made his dream came true when he moved to Florida and became part of Dreams Unlimited, the DIS and the podcast. As sad as I am today, I love hearing Bob talk about living his dream. How many of us can say that?

Here is a link to all the podcast shows, the Anniversary show is near
the top of the right hand side.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/downloads.htm

I'm wearing my DIS Unplugged t-shirt today. I'm now sitting here, thinking of the team and Bob's family sitting at the memorial right now. I'm sure the service is packed with people that Bob has touched over his life.

Me too Annette.....

I sent a pic of DS7 with Bob for the memorial...I forget now if John said it was for the meet or the memorial. I gues I feel like we are there.

DS7 keeps asking me about him...... All I can do is cry.

Just finished watching the uTube video of 'Oh, That Magic Kingdom in the Sky'! It brought a smile to my face--and I'm sure Bob would have wanted us all to try and smile. I'm thinking of Bob's family and our Podcast crew at the Memorial Service and hoping that being together is bringing them all comfort.

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that i was just listening to my dis unplugged podcasts and i happened to be listening to "Bawb's" reveiw of Pop Century Resort and I was thinking how different the show will seem without him :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter