Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Best options for below:
1) 1045 reservation at Ohana, starting day at MK
2) From kidani for 405 reservation at Beaches
1) We love to take the launch from MK to Poly (stops at GF first), but you could take the monorail (might have to get off at TTC and walk if Poly station still closed) or the kind of long walk from MK to GF then to Poly.
2) We’d probably take bus to DHS then walk or boat to Beaches.

Well, Pop bus will deliver one to just outside the MK entrance plaza security, and bus from Dolphin will deliver the other to TTC security. So the best meeting place is probably MK before the tapstiles - or by the flagpole inside!
Sorry, I should have also said that I'd prefer to avoid TTC.

I have already been forgiven once for botched arrival-via-TTC planning. (TTC followed by express monorail does NOT work when you have Early Morning Magic tickets :eek: Thankfully, a wonderfully magical bus driver rescued us pixiedust:) I'd prefer to not return to the scene of the crime on this trip. :faint: Combine that experience with all the changes over the last year, and I'm (overly?) concerned about getting off to a late start that will severely limit what we're able to do during our special MK day. I do NOT want to mess up again!! If needed, I'm willing to Uber to Pop Century at 4 in the morning! If that's the best way to get us both amongst the earliest arrivals without having to go through TTC, I will do it. (I wish the Minnie Vans were still an option!)
What do the experts recommend?

Sorry, I should have also said that I'd prefer to avoid TTC.

I have already been forgiven once for botched arrival-via-TTC planning. (TTC followed by express monorail does NOT work when you have Early Morning Magic tickets :eek: Thankfully, a wonderfully magical bus driver rescued us pixiedust:) I'd prefer to not return to the scene of the crime on this trip. :faint: Combine that experience with all the changes over the last year, and I'm (overly?) concerned about getting off to a late start that will severely limit what we're able to do during our special MK day. I do NOT want to mess up again!! If needed, I'm willing to Uber to Pop Century at 4 in the morning! If that's the best way to get us both amongst the earliest arrivals without having to go through TTC, I will do it. (I wish the Minnie Vans were still an option!)
What do the experts recommend?
In that case (and I don’t blame you), it sounds like the person staying at the Dolphin needs to meet the other party at Pop and take the bus together from there. We don’t do rope drop or early morning hours, but the general advice seems to be to be at the Pop bus stop about 90 minutes before scheduled MK open, in order to catch the first bus going there.

Thoughts on getting from resort to resort?
We are staying at CBR and doing a fireworks cruise leaving from GF. Getting there isnt a huge concern as we are likely either leaving from HS and will just take a bus to GF or will be having dinner at MK then either monorail or walk?
What about getting back after? Should we try to get a bus to HS or EPCOT and then skyliner? Or should we walk/monorail to MK and get a bus from there?

We are staying at CBR and doing a fireworks cruise leaving from GF. Getting there isnt a huge concern as we are likely either leaving from HS and will just take a bus to GF or will be having dinner at MK then either monorail or walk?
What about getting back after? Should we try to get a bus to HS or EPCOT and then skyliner? Or should we walk/monorail to MK and get a bus from there?
Getting from the Grand Floridian back to CBR after your fireworks cruise will all depend on park hours at each park. If MK closes later than the other parks it won't be an option to go to Epcot or DHS.

If it were me I would take a bus from GF to Disney Springs and then a bus from DS to CBR.

I'd walk, boat (resort launch) or monorail to MK and catch a bus to CBR from there. Since your cruise is to watch the MK fireworks, you should have plenty of time to get from GF to MK before the buses stop running post-MK closing time. If Epcot or DHS is still open when your cruise is over and will remain open for some period of time, you could catch a GF bus there, but if they're closed or about to close, there may not be any buses taking people in that direction at that time. Finally, if you're thinking about Epcot, remember that the bus will drop you off at the front and you'll need to walk through Epcot and exit through the IG in order to catch the Skyliner. That would require the proper tickets and park reservations - too complicated and too time consuming for me!

I'd walk, boat (resort launch) or monorail to MK and catch a bus to CBR from there. Since your cruise is to watch the MK fireworks, you should have plenty of time to get from GF to MK before the buses stop running post-MK closing time. If Epcot or DHS is still open when your cruise is over and will remain open for some period of time, you could catch a GF bus there, but if they're closed or about to close, there may not be any buses taking people in that direction at that time. Finally, if you're thinking about Epcot, remember that the bus will drop you off at the front and you'll need to walk through Epcot and exit through the IG in order to catch the Skyliner. That would require the proper tickets and park reservations - too complicated and too time consuming for me!
Good suggestions although just a note, if OP is thinking about Epcot, they can take the monorail to Epcot and if they have PH tickets and Epcot is open, walk through to International Gateway and take the Skyliner from there. A park reservation will not be needed to enter Epcot if:
a) they have PH tickets
b) they have entered the original park they had reservations for that day.

That being said, I like your suggestion to take either a boat launch or the monorail to MK and then a bus from there. Much better than my suggestion above.

I'm currently planning to have breakfast at Rainforest Cafe @ DAK at 8:30 and then want to get to Epcot (I'm dining alone - so I suspect I'll be done by 9:30). I'd prefer to end up at the front of the park because that seemed to be the fastest/best way to get to TT right now - is that all accurate? And if so, then how should I navigate DAK to EP? I assume if I wanted to do IG, I could just take whatever from DAK to BW/BC/YC...

I'm currently planning to have breakfast at Rainforest Cafe @ DAK at 8:30 and then want to get to Epcot (I'm dining alone - so I suspect I'll be done by 9:30). I'd prefer to end up at the front of the park because that seemed to be the fastest/best way to get to TT right now - is that all accurate? And if so, then how should I navigate DAK to EP? I assume if I wanted to do IG, I could just take whatever from DAK to BW/BC/YC...
My thought is to take a bus from AK to Animal Kingdom Lodge then take a bus to Epcot which will drop you at the front of the park.

Good suggestions although just a note, if OP is thinking about Epcot, they can take the monorail to Epcot and if they have PH tickets and Epcot is open, walk through to International Gateway and take the Skyliner from there. A park reservation will not be needed to enter Epcot if:
a) they have PH tickets
b) they have entered the original park they had reservations for that day.

That being said, I like your suggestion to take either a boat launch or the monorail to MK and then a bus from there. Much better than my suggestion above.
If they walk or boat from GF to MK, will security let them in after park closing to get to the bus stops?

How would we get from The Contemporary to Riviera for an 8am Topolino's reservation? Normally I would think walk to MK then bus to Riviera. Do the buses run early enough FROM parks to resorts for that? MK opens at 9am this day. We don't have a car and we have a car seat age child.

If they walk or boat from GF to MK, will security let them in after park closing to get to the bus stops?
Guests do not need to enter MK to get from a boat, walking or monorail at the MK to the buses. All Disney transportation drops guests outside of the actual park so they can move between transportation types without entering a park. This is consistent at all parks.
How would we get from The Contemporary to Riviera for an 8am Topolino's reservation? Normally I would think walk to MK then bus to Riviera. Do the buses run early enough FROM parks to resorts for that? MK opens at 9am this day. We don't have a car and we have a car seat age child.
the only way to do this one using Disney transportation would be to take one of the first buses to a park that opens at 8 and then take a bus from there to Riviera but even that will be a challenge to make it by 8AM.

AK seems to be the park that opens earliest so if it opens at 8AM I would recommend being at the Contemporary bus stop at 6:30 AM, take the first bus to AK then take a bus to Riviera.

If you can find s reservation that is later than 8AM you will take a lot of pressure off. Getting from resort to resort for dining reservations early in the morning using only Disney transportation can be challenging.

Guests do not need to enter MK to get from a boat, walking or monorail at the MK to the buses. All Disney transportation drops guests outside of the actual park so they can move between transportation types without entering a park. This is consistent at all parks.
Yes, but they will need to pass thru the security check at the MK boat dock to get to the buses. That's what I was asking about.

I made a new thread on our 4 park in one day challenge... not sure if I should pose this question here or there but here goes: (going in 3 weeks, 2 adults, would like to ride a ride and eat a snack/drink in each park)

I’ve decided to change my day up a bit and go in this order:
HS
AK
MK
EPCOT

OR

HS
MK
AK
EPCOT

We decided to end at Epcot since it closed an hour later than MK but starting at Hollywood studios is a requirement. We are staying at Pop so skyliner back at the end of the night would be nice & starting at HS because we really want to try for an ROTR bg

can you tell me which order you suggest & best travel route (bus, skyliner, etc?) thanks!!

I made a new thread on our 4 park in one day challenge... not sure if I should pose this question here or there but here goes: (going in 3 weeks, 2 adults, would like to ride a ride and eat a snack/drink in each park)

I’ve decided to change my day up a bit and go in this order:
HS
AK
MK
EPCOT

OR

HS
MK
AK
EPCOT

We decided to end at Epcot since it closed an hour later than MK but starting at Hollywood studios is a requirement. We are staying at Pop so skyliner back at the end of the night would be nice & starting at HS because we really want to try for an ROTR bg

can you tell me which order you suggest & best travel route (bus, skyliner, etc?) thanks!!
Well, since the earliest you'll be able to enter your 2nd park will be 2:00 PM and you'll be leaving from DHS, there will be buses to AK and MK leaving at 1:30, or you can take rideshare/taxi or your own car. Same for the trip between AK and MK, no matter which order you choose - Disney bus, rideshare/taxi, or your own car. Because you want to end up at Epcot, I'd go DHS - AK - MK because you can take the monorail between MK and Epcot (from MK, either the Express or the Resort monorail will take you to the TTC, where you disembark and transfer to the Epcot monorail). From AK to Epcot you'd be on another bus! (And also AK will probably close earlier than MK.)

So, my suggestion: start at DHS, bus to AK, bus to MK, monorail to Epcot which will let you out at the front gate, and when you're ready to leave Epcot, walk out the IG (back gate) to the Skyliner station.

The most direct route would be a Beach Club bus from Animal Kingdom (since the park to park buses don’t start running until hopping time). Beach Club is the closest bus stop to IG.

The most direct route would be a Beach Club bus from Animal Kingdom (since the park to park buses don’t start running until hopping time). Beach Club is the closest bus stop to IG.
I had not realized there were now park to park buses! I won't be taking it, obviously - but fascinating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!