** Official Great British Bake Off Discussion 2016 ** May Contain Spoilers!!

florida sun

Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe!
Hi Guys

As the new show starts tonight I thought I would start us a brand new thread to discuss! Please be aware that spoilers may be posted if you look in before watching the weekly show!

Really looking forward to it and look forward to hearing everyones views!:cake::cake::cake::cake:

105444923_gbbo_bake_off-large_trans++ZoUHulVB0NnU8G61Pzr53fLU9vciDOSskJxsG7wFxyA.jpg

This year's competitors, from left to right: Rav, Tom, Kate, Lee, Val, Candice, Benjamina , Michael, Selasi, Jane, Andrew & Louise Credit: Love Productions/BBC

Great opening show, Mary Berry looks younger every year! Right, too early to tell yet I guess, but Selasi and Jane were my fav's. Whats going on with the girl with the black lipstick, all she seemed to do last night was pout her lips!:rotfl2: Looking forward to next week.:jumping1:

I started watching this last night. Enjoyed the beginning - it seems like they are checking out basic skills a bit more thoroughly this year. Anyway, I must have dozed off as suddenly there was Nadiya again, but this time in Bangladesh.

I'll have to watch them both again on catch up. :blush:

Whats going on with the girl with the black lipstick, all she seemed to do last night was pout her lips!

I was thinking the exact same thing! And by the end of the day it had gone all dry and pigment-ie... I mean sure wear what makes you happy but even so you're in a boiling hot baking tent! Practicalities people... practicalities.

Even so Selasi was a total surprise to me! He seemed so laid back and almost not bothered and yet his bakes blew it out of the park. I think he should have had star baker.

Benjamina is my favorite at the moment. Here is the line up as it stands after the 1st episode:

GBBO wk1.JPG

And some funnies:

GBBO 1.JPG

GBBO 2.JPG

GBBO 3.JPG

Quite a problematic challenge this week.

I feel that the star baker is being awarded solely for the showstopper.

Looks like Val is on borrowed time.

(Does anyone else get "the munchies" just watching this programme? I was certainly trawling the kitchen last night :()

Quite a problematic challenge this week.

I feel that the star baker is being awarded solely for the showstopper.

Looks like Val is on borrowed time.

(Does anyone else get "the munchies" just watching this programme? I was certainly trawling the kitchen last night :()

yes, mug cakes are my enemy. i always seem to end up eating one when watching the bake off.

I am heartbroken to hear that Bake Off is to move to Channel 4 and without Mel and Sue :(:(

Mel and Sue are a big part of why I watch the programme.

Aww I think its a real shame! It will never be the same, I love Mel and Sue and Mary in my opinion is a much bigger pull to the programme than Paul Hollywood, I have never really taken to him.

I think it will crash and burn on Channel 4 without them all, I really do. Look what happened to Top Gear!

At least it will leave BBC on a high. :cake:

I really enjoyed an extra slice last night. Val is so sweet. I love her attitude to baking - much the same as mine with frequent stops for a cuppa and listening to the radio!

I always like seeing Michel Roux jnr. He is such a delight, knowledgeable but cheerful. (I saw a programme with him and Mary Berry once - they made a very good team.- BBC take note :))

At least it will leave BBC on a high. :cake:

I really enjoyed an extra slice last night. Val is so sweet. I love her attitude to baking - much the same as mine with frequent stops for a cuppa and listening to the radio!

I always like seeing Michel Roux jnr. He is such a delight, knowledgeable but cheerful. (I saw a programme with him and Mary Berry once - they made a very good team.- BBC take note :))

You're right Val is a sweetheart.

Michel Roux is just as nice in person as he is on TV - it's always nice when a TV personality is what they appear to be on the screen,

I've read Paul Hollywood is in talks with C4. I don't think I'll be watching it on C4 unfortunately, they seem to butcher programme formatting!

Oh, dear. All my favourites are falling by the wayside.

I'm not sure if I liked botanical week - seems a bit as though they are scraping around for ideas. The beginning of the series seemed so promising with basic skills being thoroughly tested, but it all seems a bit "weird" now.

Still I'm looking forward to dessert week. Can't beat a nice pudding!

I watched last night's programme with a tear in my eye. The last Bake Off in its BBC format. :(

And another tear for Andrew whose bottom lip quivered when Paul gave the ladies a handshake each. :(

But ... a wonderful episode and a worthy winner.

(I've heard she's had an offer to endorse a lipstick brand! :rotfl:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter