Official Frozen at WDW Thread (Updated May 20th) FEA and RS Open June 21

Yeah I think the only reason lwtl moved up to tier one was so there would be a tier one no height restriction ride . The frozen ride will now fit that category.

Well it looks like we may have to brave the stand by line. That is our day to do Soarin and and I not willing to rearrange my entire week for this ride. If Soarin was available on our other EPCOT day, then maybe, but I think I would rather do Soarin and catch this one another time if needed. I guess as long as we go in knowing we will be waiting a long time, it won't be as bad. Of course I still have to ask if the kids are even interested in riding it. I asked earlier about the A&E meet and greet so I could get FP and no one wanted to bother with it, maybe I will get lucky on this one as well and everyone will be OK waiting until later this year or maybe next year.

I am very concerned about A&E not having FP+. I voiced my concern to Disney Parks Blog, but my comment did not make the cut. Here's what I wrote:

"My family is so excited for Frozen Ever After and the Sommerhus Meet and Greet. I’m shocked that there won’t be a FP+ for meeting Anna and Elsa. Instead, will there be a return ticket distribution or something set up along those line so there aren’t hours waits like in the past. Or is the majority of the queue now air conditioned? I’m also concerned about no FP+ promoting stampede to Norway mentality like what use to happen when Anna and Elsa first started meeting at Epcot.

...on May 20, 2016 at 10:06 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation."

I remember the rope drop stampede to Norway when A&E became popular. I still foresee their popularity. It's still very difficult to get A&E FP+. I can't imagine the demand for them reduced come June 21.

I am stunned that A&E will be standby only. I can't believe that they built this whole new M&G house and wouldn't have made it FP+ compatible. It's one thing to re-purpose space like Joy & Sadness and Baymax and not have the FP+ ability but a completely brand new location. Haven't they learned from past experiences? Even now at the MK the wait is over an hour. OR, does this mean that they will still keep A&E in MK, too. Have the FP+ option there and use the Epcot M&G as an additional one, particularly right after folks get off the new ride.

There is still no FP+ availability for any of the princesses in Fairytale Hall before the 17th or after. Maybe tomorrow but now that they announced when the A&E Epcot M&G is opening, you would think the Fairytale Hall plans would be finalized.

what time are FP's? Is it still midnight or early in the am now?

7am

I'll wait until 2019 sometime...

I know...right!

And the Blog just confirmed that FPs are for FEA only, not the M&G.

I hope that changes!

I am very concerned about A&E not having FP+. I voiced my concern to Disney Parks Blog, but my comment did not make the cut. Here's what I wrote:

"My family is so excited for Frozen Ever After and the Sommerhus Meet and Greet. I’m shocked that there won’t be a FP+ for meeting Anna and Elsa. Instead, will there be a return ticket distribution or something set up along those line so there aren’t hours waits like in the past. Or is the majority of the queue now air conditioned? I’m also concerned about no FP+ promoting stampede to Norway mentality like what use to happen when Anna and Elsa first started meeting at Epcot.

I remember the rope drop stampede to Norway when A&E became popular. I still foresee their popularity. It's still very difficult to get A&E FP+. I can't imagine the demand for them reduced come June 21.
Do you really think it's going to be like it was when they first appeared at Epcot? I don't. I mean, right now it's rarely more than an hour wait for them at MK. Often less. Often their line is shorter than Rapunzel and Cinderella. There should be a bump in their appeal at Epcot but I can't imagine it being that huge of a bump.

It's funny you mentioned that. I was just coming over to post something about the possibility of issuing return times. That's how they did it at DLR when they were wildly popular. But honestly, if they do that, they'll make the rope drop stampede even worse. It got kind of hairy at DLR for a while

Do you really think it's going to be like it was when they first appeared at Epcot? I don't. I mean, right now it's rarely more than an hour wait for them at MK. Often less. Often their line is shorter than Rapunzel and Cinderella. There should be a bump in their appeal at Epcot but I can't imagine it being that huge of a bump.

There is still the FP+ madness to get A&E. My last trip, I couldn't get it til day 3, which was more than the 60 days out. I don't know how much there would be a bump in their appeal, but definitely a bump due to new location. New backdrop, etc.

I think old costuming will help. If they went to new costumes, the lines would soar!!

It's funny you mentioned that. I was just coming over to post something about the possibility of issuing return times. That's how they did it at DLR when they were wildly popular. But honestly, if they do that, they'll make the rope drop stampede even worse. It got kind of hairy at DLR for a while

I am concerned about the stampede mentality.

However, I'm reminded that I thought Olaf was going to be incredibly popular, and his line hasn't been long at all.

There is still the FP+ madness to get A&E. My last trip, I couldn't get it til day 3, which was more than the 60 days out. I don't know how much there would be a bump in their appeal, but definitely a bump due to new location. New backdrop, etc.

I think old costuming will help. If they went to new costumes, the lines would soar!!

However, I'm reminded that I thought Olaf was going to be incredibly popular, and his line hasn't been long at all.
With three rooms of Anna and Elsa I don't think it will be that bad. Sure there will be an initial rush but I don't think wait times will be over an hour daily.

Yes, I realize the FP go fast at MK.
But, the lines are never too long anymore.

With three rooms of Anna and Elsa I don't think it will be that bad. Sure there will be an initial rush but I don't think wait times will be over an hour daily.

It's funny, I'm guessing by 'three rooms of Anna and Elsa' you're talking about the queue - but that got me thinking: what if Disney actually designed three rooms with separate sets of cast members and you would get split off in a way where you'd never realize it? :D

I guess I just don't trust them to continue to staff all three rooms. I guess my biggest shock is that this is a park in need a FastPass capacity and they seem to be passing on it. I just don't get it. If nothing else the meet-and-greet could have taken some pressure off of availability for the ride.

I agree that new costumes would have really pushed up the demand for the meet and greet. In some ways that's good. But I'm left wondering if that was a budget cut somewhere along the way

It's funny, I'm guessing by 'three rooms of Anna and Elsa' you're talking about the queue - but that got me thinking: what if Disney actually designed three rooms with separate sets of cast members and you would get split off in a way where you'd never realize it? :D
I am talking about that there will be three sets of Anna and Elsa. There will have to be a split off point and you probably won't realize it. Three seperate rooms of Anna and Elsa will keep lines down.

I guess I just don't trust them to continue to staff all three rooms. I guess my biggest shock is that this is a park in need a FastPass capacity and they seem to be passing on it. I just don't get it. If nothing else the meet-and-greet could have taken some pressure off of availability for the ride.

I agree that new costumes would have really pushed up the demand for the meet and greet. In some ways that's good. But I'm left wondering if that was a budget cut somewhere along the way
It will definitely be interesting to see but I think I'm glad we aren't seeing the ride go FP only like I heard rumored.

I think the meet and greet will end up working just fine.

June 21 is our Epcot day! I have been stalking and checking every day for the Frozen opening. But, I was able to snag Soarin', hate that they would have soarin and Frozen the same tier, so you have to choose. We've already never done test TT because I book soarin' with my fp+ everytime.

I am talking about that there will be three sets of Anna and Elsa. There will have to be a split off point and you probably won't realize it. Three seperate rooms of Anna and Elsa will keep lines down.

I'm assuming it'll be like Mickey. Long queuing area, 10 groups enter a small room( hopefully there's a little story line like tinks) then you enter a hallway to your room.

So Olaf hasn't been bad? That's good to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter