**OFFICIAL DIS PODCAST CRUISE** May 16-20, 2022 on the Disney Dream

WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
podcast cruise 7.0.png

You guys!! Pete announced today during the live broadcast to kick off our Give Kids the World DIS Family Reunion Auction that our next DIS Podcast Cruise is happening in 2022!!! :yay:

It will be the 4-night sailing departing on 5/16/2022 on the Disney Dream with the following itinerary:
  • Day 1: Port Canaveral
  • Day 2: Nassau, The Bahamas
  • Day 3: Disney Castaway Cay
  • Day 4: Day at Sea
  • Day 5: Port Canaveral
This Podcast Cruise is now available for booking! Find all the details including sample pricing HERE!

In case you missed today's broadcast, give it a watch below for a sneak peek of some of the incredible auction items that are available right now. Note: This auction ends Friday, September 10, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern.

PORT EXCURSIONS
Available Excursions: Nassau
Available Excursions: Castaway Cay

SHIP ACTIVITIES
Shipboard Activities
Beverage Tastings / Mixology

FOR THE ADULTS
While the kids are off having the times of their lives, adults can retreat to exclusive onboard locales created just for them. Experience calm at sea inside Senses Spa & Salon before heading over to the adults-only part of the ship known as The District, home to mixed drinks at Skyline and Pink, live televised sporting events at 687 Pub and dancing at Evolution.

YOUTH CLUBS
Children will find something to love at fantastically themed youth clubs. Disney’s Oceaneer Club invites kids to play in larger-than-life spaces fueled by Disney storytelling, while tweens can kick it at Edge, where videogames, music and movies are all the rage. And inside Vibe, teens are free to mingle in a parents-free, loft-style lounge where karaoke and dance parties rule.

POOLS
Splash it up on the high seas! Kids and families are invited to cool off at Mickey’s Pool and Donald's Pool, while adults looking for a more relaxing sojourn can spend the afternoon at Quiet Cove Pool. Thrill seekers will not want to skip AquaDuck, the exhilarating, twisting water coaster that extends over the side of the ship.

SPORTS AND FITNESS
Keep shipshape at the full-service fitness center—home to state-of-the-art weight machines, exercise classes and breathtaking ocean views.

View all Recreation on the Disney Dream

** PODCAST ACTIVITIES (Details TBD) Available to all that booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel **
  • Jodi Benson Private Concert
  • Live Podcast
  • Jodi Benson Meet n Greet
  • Patreon Supporters Private Meet

UNOFFICIAL MEETS AND ACTIVITIES
Suggestions:
  • Drink around the World - Prior or post cruise
  • Onboard mixology or whisky tasting
  • etc

********************************Added by John Magi - 04/05/2022***********************************************

The below has been sent to all cruisers on this sailing via email. If you do not see the email from john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com please check your junk/spam folder.

Hi All

I know you are all super anxious to receive details about our Podcast Cruise. We are starting to work out plans with our Disney Cruise Line onboard representative but we just don’t have all of the details yet. I would like to share with you what I know as of right now. As we move forward I will share what I learn.

Gift Bags

As usual we will be sending gift bags to all of our guests on this sailing. Some of you are repeat clients of Dreams Unlimited Travel and have received our gift bags in the past. As a result some of you have requested not to receive a gift bag as you do not need the items again. For our Podcast Cruise we are adding some new items and we are having some items rebranded for this sailing. Because of this we are going to send everyone a gift bag even if you asked not to receive one. In addition, your gift bag will contain your credentials which will be important to be able to attend all of our planned events onboard. More on this below.

In the past we did not send gift bags to our clients who do not live in the U.S. This is because they were constantly being held up in customs. In addition some of our Canadian and overseas clients were being charged tariffs on the items in the box. For this cruise only, if you are not from the U.S. you will receive your gift bag in your stateroom when you board the ship. We have received special permission from DCL to do this just for our International guests. We cannot do this for all our guests (it’s too many for housekeeping to distribute) so our U.S. guests will receive them by mail a few weeks before the cruise as usual.

Credentials

As I mentioned above we will be mailing you your credentials with your gift bags. Everyone in your stateroom will receive credentials. It is VERY important that you bring these with you to the cruise as this is how DCL and Dreams Unlimited Travel staff will identify you as being part of our group and allow you access to our special events. We will NOT have extra credentials onboard so please do not lose them and remember to bring them.

Patreon Supporters will receive a special credential that states they are supporters. They will also receive one for a guest staying in their stateroom. No matter how many people are in your stateroom we can only provide special credentials for the supporter and one guest.

IMPORTANT: You must be a Patreon Supporter prior to 4/1/2022 in order to receive the special credentials and be invited to any special events. We had to set this cut-off date to ensure we had the appropriate number of credentials produced.

Onboard Events

We still have A LOT of details to work out for the onboard events for our cruise. As we get more details I will share those with you. Here’s what we have so far:

Jodi Benson Performance
Nassau Day
Tuesday – 05/17/2022
Time: TBA but we are shooting for mid-morning or early afternoon
Walt Disney Theater

Jodi Benson meet and greet
TBA – still working out details

Jodi is requesting that all guests who participate in the meet and greet to wear a mask even if DCL protocol does not require them. This is because she has a very full schedule after our cruise and she needs to stay healthy in general, not that she is necessarily worried about COVID. Every guest will receive a signed picture from Jodi. Please DO NOT bring your own items to sign as we will not have time and Jodi will not handle items handed to her.

Live Podcast
Sea Day
Thursday – 05/19/2022
Time: TBA but we are shooting for mid-morning
Walt Disney Theater

Patreon Event
TBA – still working out details

Thanks
John

********************************Added by John Magi - 04/11/2022***********************************************

The below has been sent to all cruisers on this sailing via email. If you do not see the email from john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com please check your junk/spam folder.

Hi All

Our Podcast Cruise is approaching fast, it will be here before we know it.

We have nailed down some specifics of our events and I wanted to share these with all of you as soon as I heard. Please keep in mind that we are relying on Disney Cruise Line for these venues so there is a small possibility times and venues might change. We will do our best to keep you all informed of any changes as soon as we know.

IMPORTANT: Your gift bags will include your credentials. It’s important that you bring your credentials and wear them as this is how Disney Cruise Line Cast Members will identify you as being a part of our group and allow you access to the events. We WILL NOT have extra credentials on the ship so please do not lose them or leave them at home.

Tuesday 5/17: Jodi Benson Performance - Walt Disney Theatre - 1:00PM - 2:00PM
Wednesday 5/18: Patreon Meet – Castaway Cay, Heads-Up Bar - 2:00PM - 3:00PM (Patreon Supporters Only)
Thursday 5/19: Live Podcast – Walt Disney Theatre – 11:00am – Noon
Thursday 5/19: Jodi Benson Meet ‘n Greet* – Evolutions Lounge – 12:30 – 1:45pm (time may change)

*REMINDER: Masks will be required during the Meet ‘n Greet with Jodi even if DCL policies no longer require them. Jodi WILL NOT accept or sign items you bring from home. Everyone will be given a photo from Jodi’s personal collection that she will sign. We will have a team member available to take pictures of you and Jodi with your phone/camera if you want.

I look forward to seeing all of you in just a little over a month!!!!

John

Last edited by a moderator:
When can we book it?
Will there be a podcast during the cruise?
If so, will John and Teresa rise out of the floor for the podcast?
Will rocket bars be available?
Just anticipating all the questions that no one has answers to just yet.....
:duck:

Is this the cruise there is an auction item for because the listing says May 2021? They might want to fix that.

never mind. It’s fixed.

Last edited:
Ughhh….just checked out the dates and it looks like this is happening the same week as my eldest’s commencement ceremony. Ah well…booked a few days before the cruise at BRV, just in case there are any pre-festivities

I'll be entering the drawing through the auction, and I suppose I better tell Teresa to add me to the list for when they go on sale!

When can we book it?
Will there be a podcast during the cruise?
If so, will John and Teresa rise out of the floor for the podcast?
Will rocket bars be available?
Just anticipating all the questions that no one has answers to just yet.....
:duck:
Most importantly, will our resident legal expert be on board? :wave:

Darn - this will be the first PCC that I'll miss. I'm heading to Dayton OH during that week.
Thinking a bit harder on this, my Dayton event runs Friday - Sunday. I suppose I could just go directly from the ship on Friday to MCO and fly to DAY that afternoon. I'd miss one of the days in Dayton, but I really wouldn't miss that much. Hmmmm.... Much to consider.

So, our family is already booked on this cruise, having been cancelled in May 2020 and May 2021. Can anyone please tell me what this entails? I love watching the podcast each Tuesday and would love to hear what happens on the cruise!

Our wires got a little crossed but you can book this cruise now if you like. Here is a link to a page with some info as well as sample pricing and a link to get a quote - https://dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/podcast-cruise-2022.htm

At this time we have no details to what will happen exactly on the cruise as we wait for DCL to confirm available spaces and times. I know this is hard but please be patient until we have details.

So exciting! I went on a previous podcast cruise, it was so much fun! Now to work out if the dates will work for me (and hope that the travel ban from the UK will be lifted by then!!)

can you book a higher category - after we win the cruise on the auction we'll need a non-verandah room for the kids - can't wait to book

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!