OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Susie63, May 23, 2017.

1. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Bring Back MARIE!

I noticed that too. Not a big peppermint fan here, so not thrilled with the list.

mnmrmustard likes this.
  2. Elsaalltheway

Elsaalltheway DIS Veteran

Has there still not been an update on who is going to do the Candlelight Processional?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

Me either! Seems like way too much peppermint and not a whole lot of non-peppermint options. You think there would be more variety.

On a related note, I'm a HUGE pumpkin fan and I was disappointed in the relative lack of pumpkin-flavored treats for fall.

millie0312 and mnmrmustard like this.
  5. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Bring Back MARIE!

I'd be good if they had some pumpkin leftovers for us holiday visitors!

mnmrmustard likes this.
  6. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

I actually thought they had a pretty good balance of items this year. There is a fair amount of peppermint, but also pumpkin, gingerbread, and other flavors (not counting the savory stuff).

I looked back at last year's menu and they did have a few other pumpkin items that aren't listed this year, but by the same token some of those venues are also not listed in this year's blog posting so there might be more items (both Pumpkin and non) that aren't mentioned. Last year's posting had a list of items at each place, this year's posting is in narrative format. I'm guessing there are things that aren't mentioned that are available in the parks!

mnmrmustard likes this.
  7. Niltiac

Niltiac DIS Veteran

I noticed a lack of pumpkin too, not just for Christmas time, but for Fall/Halloween. But it's just as well, because with the festival of holidays I already have more snack ideas than I can afford. It was actually kind of a relief to look through the blog post and think "we can just skip all of this."

8. LilyJC

LilyJC Earning My Ears

For fellow pumpkin lovers I have to recommend the pumpkin cupcake that can be found at Earl of Sandwich. I’m not a huge cupcake fan, but it’s delicious and easily one of my favorite pumpkin treats ever!

9. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

I just got mine yesterday (19 days before my trip), and no, no shipping notification. I had arranged to have them sent to my job, since I knew that I most likely wouldn't be home when they arrived.

That's strange - I didn't get one.

10. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

Now see, I love peppermint and I can't wait to try the candy cane beignets!

PoohsFan1 and Tink1987 like this.
  11. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

I'm hoping they're as good as the last time they had them! Those were my favorite of all the flavored beignets they've had so far!

mnmrmustard and Susie63 like this.
  12. mnmrmustard

mnmrmustard DIS Veteran

My DW is SERIOUSLY not a peppermint fan. I was happy to show her some other options available.

13. mnmrmustard

mnmrmustard DIS Veteran

Looking the whole list over there is a good selection. And in the VLOGs I have watched said that several of the peppermint offerings were very subtle and only part of the flavor profile. I'm up for anything personally!

RADOPT and Susie63 like this.
  14. mnmrmustard

mnmrmustard DIS Veteran

GOT OUR TICKETS!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay, feel free to go back to your planning.

Mike

15. Susie63

Susie63 Dreamin' of Disney

Me too! I ate nothing but steamed rice and chicken on my last trip so my list is getting pretty long. I am starting to rethink my WOC CC reservation on New Years eve. There are so many yummy treats in DCA.

mnmrmustard likes this.
  16. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Same here but it’s because we don’t get many peppermint things here in the UK, even at Christmas, so that is why I’m excited. I need to get my peppermint levels topped up! You will love the candy cane beignets!

Carthay Circle is delicious though and will be lovely on NYE....sorry I’m not helping am I? :)

mnmrmustard and Susie63 like this.
  17. mnmrmustard

mnmrmustard DIS Veteran

Yes indeed, I am going to be spending a decent amount of time at those DCA food carts - yum!!!!

Oh, and the Disney Rewards Insider came in and they had some really cool Disney Christmas present tags:

[​IMG]

18. katyringo

katyringo Mouseketeer

So I think I got a little bit of magic or maybe everyone gets these but a couple days ago I had called Disneyland to ask a question about our vacation package and the nice lady who talked to me asked if it was our first visit, which it is!

Anyway after I spoke to her wnd we made the change on my package I needed done I got the confirmation email and it now says under magical extras a lanyard and collectible pin! I don't think it was there before.... so tell me did I get some magic or do all packages come with these? If they do what do they look like?!

It also says I have photopass and I don't remember buying that either... (we will be getting max pass)

Is there any Benifits to having photopass not through max pass?

mnmrmustard likes this.
  19. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

No, all packages come with the lanyard and collectible pin. And what they mean by PhotoPass is one free 5" x 7" photo at Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, California Screamin' or Radiator Springs Racers.

mnmrmustard likes this.
  20. tink89

tink89 new user name long time poster.

If you book through Disney then yes they come with a pin and lanyard. The photo pass might be some pixie dust. I book through Costco and it comes with a gift card. photo pass, lanyard, pin and luggage tags along with a few other discounts, but I am not sure if photo pass is Costco perk or comes with all Disney packages.

Each time we have gone we get different lanyard and pin. My fave is the 60th anniversary one.

I am not sure on the MP vs reg PP. I have read where some dining pictures with MP were only online and not the actual printed one.

mnmrmustard likes this.
  21. lwanthony

lwanthony Music Man

I got my tags too!!!! I love them, my wife on the other had was not impressed.... Sheesh!

mnmrmustard likes this.