OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Hi all! We will be in DL for two days right after Halloween... I know it won't be Christmas officially... but it won't be Halloween either... I am sure the decor will be in transition... but what about the treats! You think it will still be more Halloweeny? Or will peppermint and gingerbread everything be starting up? I guess I don't care either way lol... just wanted to prep my tastebuds lol... we will be there November 2-3 :banana:

Getting a little worried that the WOC dessert party is only booking until November 4th so far. It should be up until around November 24th as it books 60 days in advance.

Getting a little worried that the WOC dessert party is only booking until November 4th so far. It should be up until around November 24th as it books 60 days in advance.
WOC is notoriously slow to load reservations while they determine park hours.

Does the same hold true for the dining packages? We want to do Fantasmic dining package on Christmas Day and WOC dining package on New Year's Eve, I am worried that even with 60 days out, we won't be able to get either of these.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I've been doing test searches to see how easy (or hard) it will be to get a reservation at 60 days (which I'll finally hit next week), and while I hadn't done it in a while, until yesterday, the booking calendar had been going out 60 days.

Hello all, Can I get in on the fun? We are taking our kiddos dec 26th- dec 31st. I've been reading any and everything I can get my hands on. We are staying at the howard Johnson hotel. We will have 3 days at Disney land and one at LEGOLAND.

Does the same hold true for the dining packages? We want to do Fantasmic dining package on Christmas Day and WOC dining package on New Year's Eve, I am worried that even with 60 days out, we won't be able to get either of these.

Sometimes, yes. Because Disney hasn't been releasing park hours until closer to 30 days out, they don't release the reservations for nighttime events since they don't know when the show will be. Dining packages aren't always affected because a lot of them are eat earlier in the day - whereas WOC is at the exact time of showing. I know it's annoying, you just have to keep on checking...Check daily!

Hi all! We will be in DL for two days right after Halloween... I know it won't be Christmas officially... but it won't be Halloween either... I am sure the decor will be in transition... but what about the treats! You think it will still be more Halloweeny? Or will peppermint and gingerbread everything be starting up? I guess I don't care either way lol... just wanted to prep my tastebuds lol... we will be there November 2-3 :banana:

Probably still be heavily halloween oriented for at least the first week of November.

Thank you, I know they can be especially when they have 2 big events like Halloween and Christmas pretty much in a row. Hoping that is what it is. Also reaching for the fact that it is because PTN is due back this year and they are re-working the schedule. A big long shot but one can dream :)

Did anyone see the talking Mickey, Minnie and Donald videos from Touring Plans/Disney Tourist Blog? They were testing at DCA and they looked so good! Really hope they are there during the holiday season for all of our trips.

I will have to be dragged away from talking to Donald :love:

Minnie's skirt and belt were everything as well, she looked amazing. I have actually just bought a denim jacket with the Mickey Mouse Club logo on the back, I may have to wear it now to see if they are still around in their denim gear!

Last edited:
Did anyone see the talking Mickey, Minnie and Donald videos from Touring Plans/Disney Tourist Blog? They were testing at DCA and they looked so good! Really hope they are there during for all of our trips.

I will have to be dragged away from talking to Donald :love:

Minnie's skirt and belt were everything as well, she looked amazing. I have actually just bought a denim jacket with the Mickey Mouse Club logo on the back, I may have to wear it now to see if they are still around in their denim gear!

Am I the only one who isn't digging the talking Mickey and Minnie?

Can someone tell me if the Haunted Mansion overlay will be up until January 7?

It can vary but given the holidays is running until Sunday Jan 7th, I would guess it would be there for the entire season. Not entirely sure though so hopefully somebody may be able to give you better info!

Does anyone know if they usually offer the grab and go Aladdin Oasis special seating for the Christmas parade? Also is the parade in the evening right before fireworks? Thanks!!!

Does anyone know if they usually offer the grab and go Aladdin Oasis special seating for the Christmas parade? Also is the parade in the evening right before fireworks? Thanks!!!
They haven't previously, but PTN was running the last couple years. I know they offered the Grab and Go for PTN last year (not sure about the year before). I haven't seen any indication that PTN will be back in DL this year, so who knows if they'll try something with the Christmas parade. That parade has been around for quite a while though. Not sure if it would have the pull to sell an overpriced boxed lunch or not.

Last year the Christmas parade only ran during the afternoon, with PTN at night. If PTN isn't back for the holiday season, I have to think they would add a second run of the Christmas parade at night.

So is there no nighttime parade right now at all? I would love to see PTN. This will be our family's first trip to DLR so we thought if we could get the seating area for the parade and then stay there and watch the fireworks it would be easier and the Aladdin price was much better than the other meal options. I might have to figure out something else. Can you good enough viewing with just a FP for WOC that you don't have to do a special dining package and what about F!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter