Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

New to the universal world and new AP holder. What are the chances of getting a good rate for next Frida /Saturday this late in the game? Would like one of the nicer resorts. Any help would be great.

New to the universal world and new AP holder. What are the chances of getting a good rate for next Frida /Saturday this late in the game? Would like one of the nicer resorts. Any help would be great.
How many in your party? By "nicer" do you mean one of the Premiers that offer Express Pass? Took a quick look & I don't see any AP rates at any of the premier hotels for next Fri & Sat (9/24-25), probably because it's HHN & a VERY busy time- I do see a Lagoon View 2 Queen at Sapphire Falls for $163.35/night APH. SF has boat transportation but no XP. We stayed there last year in August in a 2Q LV room & it's a BEAUTIFUL resort - my favorite so far :).

How many in your party? By "nicer" do you mean one of the Premiers that offer Express Pass? Took a quick look & I don't see any AP rates at any of the premier hotels for next Fri & Sat (9/24-25), probably because it's HHN & a VERY busy time- I do see a Lagoon View 2 Queen at Sapphire Falls for $163.35/night APH. SF has boat transportation but no XP. We stayed there last year in August in a 2Q LV room & it's a BEAUTIFUL resort - my favorite so far :).
4- 2 kids 2 adults. Yes I was thinking one of the resorts that offer the express pass would be nice. I kinda figured it would be busy, but did not know if rooms just show up. I am still trying to understand everything Universal. It’s been 16 years since my hubby and I where there last 😂. Lots has changed.

4- 2 kids 2 adults. Yes I was thinking one of the resorts that offer the express pass would be nice. I kinda figured it would be busy, but did not know if rooms just show up. I am still trying to understand everything Universal. It’s been 16 years since my hubby and I where there last 😂. Lots has changed.

Look for individual days. The last day to cancel without penalty is 5 days out. So you will see some room shuffling until then. After 5 days out, it becomes less likely that something will turn up.

There's always the possibility of last minute cancelations if someone's plans change :)

Really you just have to get onto the website and see. There's a link given in the last few pages, and there are two other links given in the 1st-or-so post of this entire thread.

Thanks everyone. I will keep checking and hope something good pops up. Also planning on going the first week of January 2022. How is this time to go? Crowds, APH rates?

Does anyone know, in regards to booking multiple rooms under the APH rate.. if I book a two bedroom suite (say for example it's a "two bedroom suite" which breaks down as a Sapphire suite + connecting queen), does that count as two rooms and would therefore need to present two passes for the discount? Or just one pass for the discount?

Does anyone know, in regards to booking multiple rooms under the APH rate.. if I book a two bedroom suite (say for example it's a "two bedroom suite" which breaks down as a Sapphire suite + connecting queen), does that count as two rooms and would therefore need to present two passes for the discount? Or just one pass for the discount?

One AP pass for the 2 bedroom suite.

As people wait for January AP rates, I just wanted to share that Southwest released dates from the first week of January through mid-April.

We have had a room held at RP for a few months for MLK weekend in January. We have been on the fence about going to FL but we are all vaccinated so we booked our airfare today. We stayed at PB last time and really loved it. We are happy with the current RP rate but of course if an AP rate comes out we will try to book the lower rate and may switch hotels.

Look for individual days. The last day to cancel without penalty is 5 days out. So you will see some room shuffling until then. After 5 days out, it becomes less likely that something will turn up.
In the past I’ve seen some great rates pop up after the 5 day cancellation is imposed. Keep checking but, perhaps book something cancellable a day or two prior offsite

not sure of your comfort level with booking opaque sites such as Hotwire or Priceline. often they have a picture of the actual room if you keep clicking pre actually booking.

Just had Portofino pop up for one of our dates with a rate of $244. It's been showing as $489 - a 50% savings! The days on either side of that day are still $489. Unless those drop, we'll plan on resort hopping 3 times. Not ideal, but it will save us a nice chunk of money - as it stands, 3 hops would save us over $700 for those two nights.

The one night at PBR would get us EP for our two park days, so it's perfect.

Still not locked in on this trip, but I grabbed the rate and we'll discuss tonight. The nice discount on that one night helps lean towards "Let's do it" ;)

Just had Portofino pop up for one of our dates with a rate of $244. It's been showing as $489 - a 50% savings! The days on either side of that day are still $489. Unless those drop, we'll plan on resort hopping 3 times. Not ideal, but it will save us a nice chunk of money - as it stands, 3 hops would save us over $700 for those two nights.

The one night at PBR would get us EP for our two park days, so it's perfect.

Still not locked in on this trip, but I grabbed the rate and we'll discuss tonight. The nice discount on that one night helps lean towards "Let's do it" ;)
Any thot on booking that night first, then a value for the next two?

Any thot on booking that night first, then a value for the next two?
The PBH night would be our middle night. If we do it, the plan would be:
  • Arrive late on 10/13 (driving down and would get there ~10:00 or so) and stay at a value. Values are currently around $100
  • AM on 10/14, check out and move to PBH and hit early park admission
  • AM on 10/15, check out, move to a value, and hit EPA. Values are currently around $130. Sapphire isn't much more, so we might consider that since we've never stayed there.
  • AM on 10/16, check out. I'm sure I'll want to rope drop IOA to get in one more ride on Velocicoaster and/or Hagrid's, but we'll see how it goes ;)
The next question would be if we want to do HHN. We've loved going in the past, but it's exhausting and expensive - you almost have to do 2 nights or get EP or a tour if you want to see everything and not have to be there for 10 hours (from the time you enter a S&S corral to HHN close).

it's exhausting and expensive - you almost have to do 2 nights or get EP or a tour if you want to see everything and not have to be there for 10 hours (from the time you enter a S&S corral to HHN close).
Unless we have family or friends along we no longer bother doing regular park hours other than heading in around 2or 3pm

i had planned on SF for this whole trip until my youngest DS joined our plans. Will be happy to stay there last week of month.

Unless we have family or friends along we no longer bother doing regular park hours other than heading in around 2or 3pm
That's definitely our problem - we want to do both! I wouldn't know what to do with myself between waking up and 2 or 3 if we didn't head to the parks lol. I'm not at all interested in hanging out at a pool - I want to ride some rides! ;)

The PBH night would be our middle night. If we do it, the plan would be:
  • Arrive late on 10/13 (driving down and would get there ~10:00 or so) and stay at a value. Values are currently around $100
  • AM on 10/14, check out and move to PBH and hit early park admission
  • AM on 10/15, check out, move to a value, and hit EPA. Values are currently around $130. Sapphire isn't much more, so we might consider that since we've never stayed there.
  • AM on 10/16, check out. I'm sure I'll want to rope drop IOA to get in one more ride on Velocicoaster and/or Hagrid's, but we'll see how it goes ;)
The next question would be if we want to do HHN. We've loved going in the past, but it's exhausting and expensive - you almost have to do 2 nights or get EP or a tour if you want to see everything and not have to be there for 10 hours (from the time you enter a S&S corral to HHN close).
While it would cost a little more, you might consider a value resort for all 3 nights and use PBH as a "throw-away" for the EPs...

As people wait for January AP rates, I just wanted to share that Southwest released dates from the first week of January through mid-April.

We have had a room held at RP for a few months for MLK weekend in January. We have been on the fence about going to FL but we are all vaccinated so we booked our airfare today. We stayed at PB last time and really loved it. We are happy with the current RP rate but of course if an AP rate comes out we will try to book the lower rate and may switch hotels.
When are you going Magical?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter