Official AP/Code Watch for summer...let's get it started

hulabird

DIS Veteran & Planaholic!
I am hoping for something that covers our trip to BWI for 8/21-8/31, I have an AP, but I am the only one in my party that does so AP rate, room only code, or a fantastic package deal like last summer's FTP would be fine with me.

Hope and pray and be on the look-out.....:earseek:

You bet I am watching...........I need an AP rate for September 12 - 17. I'm not sure what the history for this time period was last year. I'm not familiar with the Fairytale package. Did it include length of stay passes? Sure hope everyone gets their dreams with a new code.
:wave2:
Disnemimi

The FTP last summer was great, it was that you pay for 4 nights and they give you three nights free along with UPH's. I didn't go last summer, it would figure, but it would be nice if we got something like that again THIS summer. If you do a search for last year, I think it was announced around May, you should find threads where people tell what rate they got using FTP. There were some really excellent deals.

Personally, my first choice is room only or AP rate, but i would take a package if it were like last year's FTP. Word is that they could possibly try a different approach, you pay for 5 nights and they give you two nights free, and I am not sure about the UPH's on that one. I would not especially like that one, but I guess all we can do is wait and see.

Two years in a row (2001 and 2002) I was able to book room only codes for the end of August, hopefully this year will bring something good too. Last year some of the September dates were left in the cold, and people were rightfully upset, but I heard that the reason that may have happened last year was because of a new computer system that Disney put in and it was kind of screwed up and so codes were released very late and thus some dates were left out.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, say a bunch of prayers and hope for the very best for all of us! :wave:

I'm on pins and needles hoping AP or DV room only codes come out. We'll be there July 20 - 25 at GF. Last year we went on FTP and it was great, but now we have two trips scheduled in less than 12 months so need APs and hopefully AP or DV codes. I'm watching the boards and mousesavers constantly. I keep feeling like I'm going to miss them. I really think one or the other will be out soon. Here's hoping . . .

I am patiently waiting for AP rates too. We are planning to be at WDW July 11-17, looking for AP rates for Poly or Cont.

Last summer we used FTP and it was perfect for us for that time but this winter we bought our APs again and need that discount.

I would like to see the FTP come because my parents will be going and it might be the better option for them instead of room and tix separately.

I guess I will just have to price the FTP out.

We are anxiously watching also. We went last Nov. with the FTP, and would book in a minute if it came out again. We have 5 airfares from Western Canada, so any help with rooms and passes would be great!

Im hoping for AP rates for July 18-25. We are currently booked at ASSP & Poly with the AAA rate. Im sure the AP rate would be much better though. ;)
However Im not getting my hopes up. I was one of those who got left out in the cold last year, with the AP rates running out 8/23, the day before we were arriving. They were released briefly for about 1 hour 1 day for that time period,and a couple people here were able to get them, but then they took them off the computer and never rereleased them. Which of course was my luck since that was the day I was starting up my first AP. :rolleyes:
So, if they come out, great, Ill be thrilled, but Ive learned not to expect them. ;)

We're waiting also. Only need two nights at the AllStars, but every little bit helps. Right now my rate is $122 a night!! Sure would like to bring that down to around $80 or so. I already have some of our AP's. Will be buying the rest next month. No, I'm not getting them for the room discount. We'll be using them a total of 19 days from 8/04-8/05!!

It will be interesting to see if the changes in EMH will have any effect on AP rates. Maybe there will be an increase in on-site booking making the discounting of rooms less of a necessity.

I am glad I read the message list before starting a new thread.

I told DW last night....waiting for these summer AP rates and other codes to come out is like.......

the day after Thanksgiving.....you know Christmas is on the way , you just have to wait for it to get here.

With the expiration of the early summer codes on Saturday the 17th.....now we wait and wait and WAIT.

We need AP rate for POR ...August 11th - 22nd. We have a AAA rate now for room only at $1500.

With AP rate we should save about $500 - $600.

Sad thing is....we are now in "watching" mode. Check these boards before going to bed and before going to work.

Question....someone had posted a website just before the last set of codes came out....

www.shopthemouse.com. It showed all the discounts that were available and when they were going to be released.

NOW....that is a different website....does anyone have any information as to why its different and / or a new website BESIDES the old reliables.

KG

when I called to make my ressie for the Poly - 7/6-7/13 the CM told me that he expects AP rates past 7/4 to come out by the end of April. In fact, he said that when I call back to pay my deposit on 4/29 the new rates might be out and I can apply the discount at that time.

I hope so - the suspense is killing me.

PamNC

We need the AP rates too, it will determine when we go and where we stay! So, I am hesitant to even make reservations now.

We are waiting for rates 7/27 - 8/4.
Love the WL but anxious to see the renovated POFQ.

Also hoping for AP rates. We are currently booked at Pop but would love to upgrade to POFQ!!:D

just bumping the official watch thread up!

Let's keep eyes, ears, noses, throats, legs, arms peeled for the discounts.

I'm waiting for AP 7/6 - 7/13. Already booked the Poly but I must apply a discount!

PamNC

Got my airfare super cheap this morning, 811.20 for 6 of us, now we need a good code!

Does anyone know what timeframe the next codes will likely cover? I'm hoping it reaches into mid October!

Bump/
BTW, I got airfare from Atlantic City a few months ago for $576 for 4 of us. Plus we can use AP again this trip. Now only if AP rate comes out.... maybe we can save enough for another trip around Christmas.

I'm desperately awaiting codes for vacations starting 7/4 or later.
My vacation dates will likely hinge on their release, and I'd like to be there in time for the fireworks on the evening of the 4th. Unfortunately, I've decided not to renew my annual pass, so I'll need the "general" codes which are not quite as good, but still substantial.

J.-

I just hope the dates they cover don't cut off during my trip....that would be my luck :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!