Official all things Princess Half Weekend 2015 thread! DOoneY and offical mErcH on DisneyParksBLOg

DisneyRunner2009

DIS Veteran
As I write this, the tweets are still coming in for this years event. Runners are still on the course, but my sisters, DD, and I have been talking about this event for the past month or so. We plan on doing it in 2015. I hope they bring back the Glass Slipper Challenge, as I plan to do that. My DD and one of my sisters talk about running the half. Both have never run a race before, not even a 5K. So, what are your plans? Where are you staying? What race/races are you doing? Let's cover it all here.

Dates:February 19-22, 2015
Registration opens July 15, 2014, Noon ET

Disney Princess Half Marathon presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
Sunday, February 22, 2015
Start Time: 5:30 a.m.
Start/Finish: Epcot®

Disney Princess Enchanted 10K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
Saturday, February 21, 2015
Start Time: 5:30 a.m.
Start/Finish: Epcot®

Disney Royal Family 5K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
Friday, February 20, 2015
Start Time: 6:15 a.m.
Start/Finish: Epcot

The training plans have been released, with the correct dates. However, once again there are typos with the week numbers. Here is a link to start. http://www.rundisney.com/training/running/

Entry Fees and Deadlines
Disney Princess Half Marathon presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

$170 by September 1, 2014
$185 between September 2 and October 21, 2014
$200 on or after October 22, 2014

Disney Enchanted 10K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

$105 by September 1, 2014
$120 between September 2 and October 21, 2014
$135 on or after October 22, 2014

Glass Slipper Challenge presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

$295 by September 1, 2014
$320 between September 2 and October 21, 2014
$345 on or after October 22, 2014

Disney Princess 5K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

$60 per participant by November 25, 2014
$70 per participant on or after November 26, 2014

runDisneyKids Races - Dashes

$15 per participant by November 25, 2014
$20 per participant on or after November 26, 2014

runDisneyKids Races – 1 Mile Run

$30 per participant by November 25, 2014
$35 per participant on or after November 26, 2014

Pasta in the Park Party Tickets

$54 for Adults (ages 10 and up)
$30 for Children (ages 3 – 9)
Children Under 3 are free

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast

$39 for Adults (ages 10 and up)
$26 for Children (ages 3 – 9)

ChEAR Squad

Bronze – No Charge
Silver – $39 per package
Gold – $65 per package
Platinum Half - $120 per package

Race Retreat

Disney Princess Half Marathon presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals – $120

I have never ran at Disney before and I really want to in 2015. I run on my treadmill and am in decent shape. I want to do the half marathon, I think! :)

They're definitely doing the GSC in 2015 - I had to defer my registration this year and am signed up for GSC 2015 already!

I'll hopefully be doing the 5k plus GSC seven months after having my first child!

I can't wait for Princess in 2015! My sister and I are planning a girls race weekend together next year!

There could be five of us. Once July comes around and the fees have to be paid we'll see who really is in. What do you think the theme of the 5k will be? I'm thinking Frozen.

I have never run before. I am not a runner in the least. But, running in a princess race is on my bucket list. So....I've decided to run the 10K and the 5K for the Princess Marathon 2015. My DD (10) has been running in the Girls on the Run program. I would like to join her. She is very excited at the thought of running the 5K. I a really looking forward to learning the in's & out's of running. If anyone has some great suggestions, please let me know!

Looking forward to next year!

My birthday is during race weekend (Feb. 20), and I'm turning 30 next year. I can't think of a better way to celebrate this milestone in my life than kicking butt at a runDisney marathon so I'm definitely in! I currently run about 12 miles in a week. I just need to get back to doing some outdoor running.

My sister and hopefully my two best friends will be running, too. I haven't decided on a resort, yet, but I'm thinking of splurging and staying at least one night at the Contemporary or BLT.

We haven't decided on a resort either. It depends on how many of us will actually go. At this rate it will be costly. The Avenger race has a pretty good price hike in it's fee.

Yeah I am in ..... I ran the 5k and the half .....I loved it soooooo much .....doing the gsc next time

This was my 6th Princess Half and I will be back to run it again next year. I also ran the 5k and 10k this year. Of course the 10k was new this year, but I hadn't run the 5k in the past. I will NOT be doing all that again. I am glad I did, but not again.
My biggest tip…train for the event. Start earlier than the plan you choose to allow for life and bad weather getting in the way.

This was my 6th Princess Half and I will be back to run it again next year. I also ran the 5k and 10k this year. Of course the 10k was new this year, but I hadn't run the 5k in the past. I will NOT be doing all that again. I am glad I did, but not again. My biggest tip…train for the event. Start earlier than the plan you choose to allow for life and bad weather getting in the way.

Gee, I'm sorry we didn't meet up. I did all 3, too. I will be doing the 10K next year. Better distance for me and I really enjoyed the course. Take care, perfect princess Joan!

Gee, I'm sorry we didn't meet up. I did all 3, too. I will be doing the 10K next year. Better distance for me and I really enjoyed the course. Take care, perfect princess Joan!

Loved the 10k too..but have to remain "perfect". Were you wearing a purple shirt and tiara in the 5K? Or maybe 10k can't remember. I went to cheer after finishing and thought I saw you.

Loved the 10k too..but have to remain "perfect". Were you wearing a purple shirt and tiara in the 5K? Or maybe 10k can't remember. I went to cheer after finishing and thought I saw you.

Yes I was in the 5K! Had purple streaks in my hair.

Count us in! My 13 yr old DD who will be 14 will be age eligible to do the half. On the fence about the GSC because this is our vacation and recovery, wake up, logistics eats into our vacation time.

Yes Joan, I Agree! I took for granted that only a couple of long runs close to race day would cut it. Nope this time I will start earlier. I will defintely train aggressively if I decide to do the GSC. I was in H this time and want to be even further ahead corral wise.

I did all three and hope to register in time for the GSC this year! I registered piecemeal for the races this year so no GSC medal or shirt.:( Not going to do the 5k again; it was fun, but three mornings in a row is too many! I did that one mostly to get the "lay of the land" so I would know what I was doing for the other two.

Did the 10K this year. Loved it. Already planning the GSC for 2015 (and maybe coast to coast). My husband has decided I am nuts

My biggest tip…train for the event. Start earlier than the plan you choose to allow for life and bad weather getting in the way.

I agree as well. I took my training very seriously and planned for a 10k (with a long run greater than 10k in that training cycle) in the summer for a qualifying time, then one month of maintenance before starting GSC training a month early for wiggle room. Multiple injuries along the way messed with my plan. Got the GSC done, but not how I wanted. New plan for this year. 1 10k each in June, July, August, half in October, and then focusing on back to back training from there. I am back in physical therapy, so I am hoping than plus adding more strength training to my plan will keep me injury free and on schedule this time!

I will be back for the GSC, and maybe the 5k as well as my daughter and mother are saying they'd like to run it.

Joan, why do you say you won't repeat the 5k if you don't mind me asking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!