Official all things Princess Half Weekend 2015 thread! DOoneY and offical mErcH on DisneyParksBLOg

Joan, why do you say you won't repeat the 5k if you don't mind me asking?

I really liked the 5k…my first time doing it at WDW. It is a quick, fun run and I loved to the 10k course as well. For me it is too much. I am an early riser, but hate waiting around to run. My routine is to get up and have a small snack (like half a banana) and 4 oz of juice and within 30 minutes I am running. Also I usually run no less than 6 miles and do that 3 times a week so to go out for 3 miles isn't enough for me. I have run all the princess halfs, so I am going to stick to that.

For all wanting a shorter run, the 5k is a great race…first mile not much, but the last two are filled with sights (epcot was beautiful in the fog with the torches lit just before dawn) and characters and it is a good way to get your feet wet for what a Disney race is.

DVCFAN If your daughter and mother decided to run it, I would suggest you do too. You will be up anyway so way not. And it is very special to run with family. If you can get corral A placement, go out at a decent pace (not too fast) then you will have shorter lines for character photos. Hope that helps.

I really liked the 5k…my first time doing it at WDW. It is a quick, fun run and I loved to the 10k course as well. For me it is too much. I am an early riser, but hate waiting around to run. My routine is to get up and have a small snack (like half a banana) and 4 oz of juice and within 30 minutes I am running. Also I usually run no less than 6 miles and do that 3 times a week so to go out for 3 miles isn't enough for me. I have run all the princess halfs, so I am going to stick to that. For all wanting a shorter run, the 5k is a great race…first mile not much, but the last two are filled with sights (epcot was beautiful in the fog with the torches lit just before dawn) and characters and it is a good way to get your feet wet for what a Disney race is. DVCFAN If your daughter and mother decided to run it, I would suggest you do too. You will be up anyway so way not. And it is very special to run with family. If you can get corral A placement, go out at a decent pace (not too fast) then you will have shorter lines for character photos. Hope that helps.

Awesome explanation! Thanks so much for the details!

I'm going to do the GSC again - and then I want to do the Tink to get the pink C2C medal!! I love my medals!! :goodvibes

Thankfully though, I have an actual time to submit for next years race. I did not like being in the back corrals, it was WAY to crowded, and "running" through the castle took 5 minutes!!

I'm in for the Triple crown again next year. I had so much fun and DH is even talking about coast to coast. I want to make sure I run a 10K though so I can get in a better corral. M was good but I can't guarantee I'll get that again if I don't submit a time.

YAY...I am so here. It was all I could do not to start my PTR for PHM 2015 before the last princess crossed the line this year! So ready to share the planning and training with all of you!

We are working on gathering our group of princesses and queens to run the race...taking my DD along with me. She is the runner of the family, but I try! I officially started my training last week and hope to do GSC plus maybe the 5K! Just have to see how my legs are treating me registration time!

This was my 6th Princess Half and I will be back to run it again next year. I also ran the 5k and 10k this year. Of course the 10k was new this year, but I hadn't run the 5k in the past. I will NOT be doing all that again. I am glad I did, but not again.
My biggest tip…train for the event. Start earlier than the plan you choose to allow for life and bad weather getting in the way.

Your biggest tip is SPOT ON! Life and the weather like to throw curve balls in the midst of training!

I can't wait to learn more about the races from you as well as many more tips!

PHM 2014 was my first half, and first RunDisney race. I cannot WAIT for 2015!

I plan to do the 5k and GSC!

PHM 2014 was my first half, and first RunDisney race. I cannot WAIT for 2015!

I plan to do the 5k and GSC! ��

All going well, I'll be coming over with a couple friends.

Definitely happy to stay in POFQ again, we really liked it ! :)

This thread is making me super excited... Already!! Lol :)

I am glad you liked POFQ...thinking of staying there this trip! Hoping this thread and my PTR will keep me as super excited as I am at this moment! Hoping to do 5K and GSC too...

I am glad you liked POFQ...thinking of staying there this trip! Hoping this thread and my PTR will keep me as super excited as I am at this moment! Hoping to do 5K and GSC too...

POFQ was so lovely. It was great that there was just one bus collection point and none of the rooms were TOO far away! Bus to DTD was very handy. Loved the outdoor 7pm movie each night. Rooms were really nice. Pizza in Food area is gorgeous

WOW, Glad to see a PHM 2015 thread already! Yup I'm already looking for a resort for next year as well. I have always had fun during PHM weekend, but this one was extra special since I did ALL the races! Congrats to all those who ran!

WOW, Glad to see a PHM 2015 thread already! Yup I'm already looking for a resort for next year as well. I have always had fun during PHM weekend, but this one was extra special since I did ALL the races! Congrats to all those who ran!

:worship: congrats on all the races!

Congrats to all the 2014 racers!! I am so excited to run my first RunDisney race in 2015. I plan on the 10K during the PHM weekend. I had a few questions that I though you gals may help with!

1. For corral placement, for the 10K, must you submit a 10k time or would a 5K time work?

2. When does registration historically open up?

3. How much did the 10K cost for 2014?

Thanks in advance for your time!:)

Congrats to all the 2014 racers!! I am so excited to run my first RunDisney race in 2015. I plan on the 10K during the PHM weekend. I had a few questions that I though you gals may help with!

1. For corral placement, for the 10K, must you submit a 10k time or would a 5K time work?

2. When does registration historically open up?

3. How much did the 10K cost for 2014?

Thanks in advance for your time!:)

You have to summit a 10k time.
For 2015, July 15
No idea on cost

Congrats to all the 2014 racers!! I am so excited to run my first RunDisney race in 2015. I plan on the 10K during the PHM weekend. I had a few questions that I though you gals may help with! 1. For corral placement, for the 10K, must you submit a 10k time or would a 5K time work? 2. When does registration historically open up? 3. How much did the 10K cost for 2014? Thanks in advance for your time!:)

Joan answered 1 & 2 above. The prices go up as time passes from the first day of registration. This year it was $95/$110/$125 as time passed. I don't recall how fast the 10k alone sold out.

Joan answered 1 & 2 above. The prices go up as time passes from the first day of registration. This year it was $95/$110/$125 as time passed. I don't recall how fast the 10k alone sold out.

Yipes. I knew the price was going to be pretty steep. I guess all that magic doesn't come cheaply!

Thanks!

Yipes. I knew the price was going to be pretty steep. I guess all that magic doesn't come cheaply!

Thanks!

I know!!! The new marvel race is priced at 195 and the wine and Dine is 185. I am sure the Princess is going to follow the trend.
You should probably count on over 100 for the 10k and last year the 10k sold out in less than 2 weeks. It did not make it to the next price increase.

I know!!! The new marvel race is priced at 195 and the wine and Dine is 185. I am sure the Princess is going to follow the trend.
You should probably count on over 100 for the 10k and last year the 10k sold out in less than 2 weeks. It did not make it to the next price increase.

Almost $200 for a race!? Crazy when you think about it, as admission to a park for an entire day costs half that! But....here I am, ready to fork over my hard earned cash.

Thanks for the tip about the 2 week window! Good thing I can stalk this thread. I am sure someone will post when the registration is open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter