"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parade was great! No Jack and Sally float and I wish the fire breathing dragon was in it but it was still awesome. Best parade that Disney does!

headless horseman doees the whole parade route.

power max replaces zootopia, so starts midway down main street with dance party in front of train station.
Man. That’s… just an even trade then. why can’t I have Judy Hopps AND Max? Give the people all the good things!

Anyone know if DAS works during parties? I wasn’t worried about it originally (just stay away from long character lines and 7DMT) but reading this and considering the fairly decent odds of rain at my Sept party it’s got me thinking I better get an answer to this so I can have a proper plan for the evening if rain hits…
It does not.
edited: my bad...DAS does work at MNSSHP!

Last edited:

So I’m new to the parties, I just saw a video of what I assume is the entrance right around 4, how early to people line up? We we have day tickets/APs with reservations for our day. Will it be that crowded at the entrance around 2? That’s when we are planing to arrive.
Separate entrance for day tix. Even if you leave, you won't be stuck in that mess when you return if you're using a day tix that day. You can then get your wristband inside the park.

Anyone know if DAS works during parties? I wasn’t worried about it originally (just stay away from long character lines and 7DMT) but reading this and considering the fairly decent odds of rain at my Sept party it’s got me thinking I better get an answer to this so I can have a proper plan for the evening if rain hits…
It does...we used it tonight.

We went tonight and man the rain really stunk. I will say it didn't feel as crowded as some of the last cpl parties we had attended until the fireworks and 2nd parade, but with so much getting canceled I'm sure that's why.

Transportation...ugh...Disney was NOT prepared for the crowds it seems. This was the worst transportation we've had with Disney in over 10 yrs. A lil over 10 yrs ago we had a rough time as well.

We were in the huge line for Boardwalk atv1220am and didn't get onto a bus until 105am and that was with them squeezing every last sole they could on the 1st bus that showed up. Yacht/Beach line was the same. Not a fun way to end the rainy night.

No mobile ordering was a lil annoying as well, but the candy lines moved faster than previous yrs and it felt less crowded for the most part. Not great, but not as bad as those last few yrs had been.

I have to say, for a sold out party it doesn’t seem too crowded, but the rain really skews things.

Yeah, the rain skews things, but I've wondered if the party capacity is lower than in the past with so many selling out so quickly.

I *know* lower capacity is relative, but I wonder if they just allotted fewer tickets for the parties

Also wanted to chime in that we used das all night no issues. However, be sure to request a ride before 6pm to do during the 6-7pm time, you can’t request on app since they don’t display wait times as the park turns over.
Did you have to go to the ride to get a return time during the party?

Yeah, the rain skews things, but I've wondered if the party capacity is lower than in the past with so many selling out so quickly.

I *know* lower capacity is relative, but I wonder if they just allotted fewer tickets for the parties

That's my only explanation for so many sold out August parties. (And the extremely early 10/31 sell out). Their 2022 attendance cap has to be significantly lower than 2019 was.

That's my only explanation for so many sold out August parties. (And the extremely early 10/31 sell out). Their 2022 attendance cap has to be significantly lower than 2019 was.

Yeah. And caveat... "significantly lower" does not mean no one else is there! It just means there are fewer people than would have been at past sold out parties. (Like when people say they will have an "empty ship" on Nassau day on cruises Disney or otherwise. I have pictures of the pool deck proving that the ship is NOT empty. LOL. It's less people, yeah. But not empty.)

Yeah. And caveat... "significantly lower" does not mean no one else is there! It just means there are fewer people than would have been at past sold out parties. (Like when people say they will have an "empty ship" on Nassau day on cruises Disney or otherwise. I have pictures of the pool deck proving that the ship is NOT empty. LOL. It's less people, yeah. But not empty.)
Right, the not-sold-out party I went to in August of 2019 was an absolute mass of humanity. My kid needed a bathroom break 5 minutes before fireworks and the crowds were totally solid while we tried to rush out and back. That was a "lighter" 2019 party, probably about a 2022 sell out party, and still plenty of people to make lines long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!