"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it’s still early for party nights to be sold out but I remember the after hours events last year selling out quickly...of course they had a fraction of the guests the MNSSHP will accommodate.

I know this year is not last year - but anyone remember what crowds were like on August (not first night) dates last year? Price would only be $99 with discount that day so would consider it at that cost. But way back nearly all rides were walk ons and it was a relatively pleasant evening other than a couple of really popular meet and greets. I thought more recent years I'd heard even the early dates were ridiculously packed and ride lines got significant as well.

I know this year is not last year - but anyone remember what crowds were like on August (not first night) dates last year? Price would only be $99 with discount that day so would consider it at that cost. But way back nearly all rides were walk ons and it was a relatively pleasant evening other than a couple of really popular meet and greets. I thought more recent years I'd heard even the early dates were ridiculously packed and ride lines got significant as well.
I just looked back at my 2019 notes for rides specifically

7:41- 15 min wait Winnie the Pooh
8:11- 2 min wait Small World
9:07- 8 min wait Tea Cups
9:31- Considered speedway line but it was backed up over the bridge and a few twists deep at the entrance. Didn't want to waste party time

Our friends who were with us did Space and Pirates. Both had solid waits, but they were running party overlays so it was expected.

We prioritized what the kids wanted to do, which was characters, ToT, dance parties, fireworks, parade. I will say it felt busy all night. I camped out early for fireworks while Hubby took the kids to ToT and Tomorrowland dance party. Then, we camped for late parade seats in Frontierland. This time, he sat while the kids and I ToTed. By the time the 2nd parade was through that area, most of the magic shots by Haunted Mansion and the characters in Adventureland had closed lines. My girls only got to meet Genie and Jasmine because another guest saw us coming and gave us her line spot since her toddler was out cold at that point.

We had a ton of fun and we're going again this year. But, it wasn't a limited crowd event by any stretch of the imagination. The only part that felt low crowds were the ToT lines after about 9pm. That's when my girls were able to just walk up and get candy. In fact, they thought it was *hilarious* that you could go back through the same line if you wanted to, so we started doing that in the later hours.

ETA: This was Tuesday, August 27, 2019.

Last edited:
Will Genie + be working during the party or does it quit for the day when the park closes to day guests?

I got my physical plastic tickets in the mail today thanks to this thread. Do I need to bring them if they are linked in mde and we have magic bands? They're so pretty!

I have a question for you disveterans. We will be going to DLR/DCA in late September/early October 2023. Is the Oogie Boogie Bash similar to the MNSSHP? We were there in 2019 and saw all the folks coming in their costumes, and had to ask a CM about it. That was our first ever trip to DLR/DCA. I would like to hear from folks who have been to both. This October, we'll be going to our very first MNSSHP and are contemplating doing the OBB next year.

We've done both. We've been to countless MNSHHPs and did OBB for the first time last year due to no MNSHHP. There are similarities and differences but we love both for different reasons. MNSSHP is still our overall favorite but not by a ton. The parade, ride choices/lines, and fireworks are better at MNSSHP but treat trails, Red Wood trail, and character lines are better at OBB imo. Halloween is on par with Christmas at our house and the Halloween parties are by far our favorite Disney events. We've decided to move on from Disney to Universal for our regular trips for several reasons, but we still have interest in the Disney Halloween parties and may do MNSSHP this year now that its back.

What time does park close for day guests at Magic Kingdom on party nights... 7 p.m.? I know they can get in line right up until then, but wasn't sure if it was 6 or 7 p.m.

It looks like October 31st is sold out. Not surprised that would be the first to go.

It looks like October 31st is sold out. Not surprised that would be the first to go.

A July sell out is very early compared to historical data.

I'm curious if they are selling fewer tickets or if there is that much pent up demand. The only reason I could see them selling fewer tickets would be if there were still fewer experiences (especially characters, given how many greets are still missing from parks) but I hope that's not the case.

A July sell out is very early compared to historical data.

I'm curious if they are selling fewer tickets or if there is that much pent up demand. The only reason I could see them selling fewer tickets would be if there were still fewer experiences (especially characters, given how many greets are still missing from parks) but I hope that's not the case.

Very true!

2019: Sold Out Dates: 9/22 (9/22), 9/27 (9/24), 9/29 (9/25), 10/1 (9/28), 10/8 (10/7), 10/10 (10/8), 10/11 (10/8), 10/14 (10/13), 10/17 (10/17), 10/24 (10/19), 10/25 (10/24), 10/31 (10/8), 11/1 (10/29 )

2018: Sold Out Dates: 8/17 (8/17), 9/14 (9/14), 10/4 (10/4), 10/30 (10/29) & 10/31 (10/12)

However, for last year's Boo Bash all of the October dates had sold out by July 19.

Very true!

2019: Sold Out Dates: 9/22 (9/22), 9/27 (9/24), 9/29 (9/25), 10/1 (9/28), 10/8 (10/7), 10/10 (10/8), 10/11 (10/8), 10/14 (10/13), 10/17 (10/17), 10/24 (10/19), 10/25 (10/24), 10/31 (10/8), 11/1 (10/29 )

2018: Sold Out Dates: 8/17 (8/17), 9/14 (9/14), 10/4 (10/4), 10/30 (10/29) & 10/31 (10/12)

However, for last year's Boo Bash all of the October dates had sold out by July 19.

Boo Bash is its own beast. Given the limited ticket numbers, there were more than enough people who wanted the real party and were willing to settle for this. People were so excited for *something* extra to be coming back.

I think the parties this year are definitely going to sell out sooner since people have missed it for years now. But, I really hope the sell out this early isn't reflective of the fact that Disney knows it has to let fewer people in the park because there will be less for them to do.

Boo Bash is its own beast. Given the limited ticket numbers, there were more than enough people who wanted the real party and were willing to settle for this. People were so excited for *something* extra to be coming back.

I think the parties this year are definitely going to sell out sooner since people have missed it for years now. But, I really hope the sell out this early isn't reflective of the fact that Disney knows it has to let fewer people in the park because there will be less for them to do.
I don’t think Disney cares that there might be less offered than previous years they are going to sell as many tickets as possible and if parties sell out it will be because that many people just want to go not due to any lesser number of tickets Being sold...

I don’t think Disney cares that there might be less offered than previous years they are going to sell as many tickets as possible and if parties sell out it will be because that many people just want to go not due to any lesser number of tickets Being sold...
Curious what "less" is being offered this year? I've been to MNSSHP parties many times in the past, and I'm not seeing what "less" is being offered this year. I see all the same stuff as usual: Boo To You Parade, Halloween Fireworks, Hocus Pocus Stage Show, Trick or Treating, Ride Overlays, Character ops, Magic Shot photo ops. What's missing? Side note - I went to 2 different Boo Bash After Hours events last year and liked them. I thought they were a fun mini version of the MNSSHP, minus the fireworks and stage show, and with Halloween cavalcades instead of Boo-To-You parade. They were also much less crowded than the last 2 MNSSHP's I attended in 2019 (while noting that they were more crowded than in years gone by, they were still totally fun, we saw the shows, rode tons of rides, etc.)

Curious what "less" is being offered this year? I've been to MNSSHP parties many times in the past, and I'm not seeing what "less" is being offered this year. I see all the same stuff as usual: Boo To You Parade, Halloween Fireworks, Hocus Pocus Stage Show, Trick or Treating, Ride Overlays, Character ops, Magic Shot photo ops. What's missing? Side note - I went to 2 different Boo Bash After Hours events last year and liked them. I thought they were a fun mini version of the MNSSHP, minus the fireworks and stage show, and with Halloween cavalcades instead of Boo-To-You parade. They were also much less crowded than the last 2 MNSSHP's I attended in 2019 (while noting that they were more crowded than in years gone by, they were still totally fun, we saw the shows, rode tons of rides, etc.)
Actually I’m not sure what ”less” is being offered I was just responding to a post...however I did hear somewhere that the parade would be missing some of the previous features And I’m not sure about the quantity of character meets....I also attended the Boo Bash last year and liked it a lot I just wish they were offering it this year.

Actually I’m not sure what ”less” is being offered I was just responding to a post...however I did hear somewhere that the parade would be missing some of the previous features And I’m not sure about the quantity of character meets....I also attended the Boo Bash last year and liked it a lot I just wish they were offering it this year.
I see. Yes, I just re-read all I could find on this year's MNSSHP, and I do not see any "less" being offered. It looks identical to past parties. I did not read anything anywhere saying that prior parade features would be missing. While possible, I can't imagine why any elements would be discontinued. I'm seeing Headless horseman intro, floats, 2 parades per night - all seems to be the same to me. Yes, I did like the Boo Bash After Hours. I'm a fan of After Hours events in general. But MNSSHP is an annual family favorite and I personally like the additional entertainment at MNSSHP. I'm big into the parade, stage show, and fireworks. You mention character meets, and that, I'm sure, is a valid question. But character interaction at Disney has been different since Covid, in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter