"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have day tickets… where and when can we get wristbands inside the park? And how early do people start lining up for Jack and Sally?
  • Oh, my! I'm already in the park. Do I have to exit and re-enter for MNSSHP? No, there are checkpoints within the park to check-in and receive wristbands for MNSSHP!

Locations
Market Street Welcome (4-8pm)
Tortuga Tavern
Fantasy Faire (Fantasyland)
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (Tomorrowland)
Liberty Square Ticket Office

Trick or treating is my husband’s favourite thing to do at the party. :)
He loves collecting that candy. Lol.
The last half hour they were giving out bigger handfuls!
I know during the day it is usually Pooh and Tigger.

I was asking if their Halloween location is the same location.
Yes (I see this has already been answered but I thought I posted this half an hour ago. Guess I forgot to hit post as I am sitting by the Portofino Bay pool having a cocktail)

I have some maybe silly questions- do they serve regular food along with the special treats? I want to get the shake at sleepy hollow but could also use some protein and don’t want to stand in two different lines… could I still get the chicken waffle at the same time?

Do the characters and overlays go all the way to midnight? If we leave HM to last at say, 11:45 will the ghosts still be outside (and/or in the queue?)

At other theme parks and sporting events I’m the worst at saying “we do that a little later” and then having all the popcorn carts and drinks etc be closed before parks close and my kids haaaaaate that. Ask my youngest about the no-icee minor league baseball game of 2019 because she’s never going to forget… or let me forget!
haha, I can relate!

In 2010ish we planned for the last 4 p.m. meet and greet for Snow White in Epcot - then she wasn't there. Our then 4-year-old complained about it constantly over the next year. It felt like every.single.day. LOL

On our trip almost a year later she was wearing her Snow White dress when we entered MK on our 1st day and a CM immediately pulled us aside once we tapped in and immediately steered us to Snow White where he said it was a "secret" spot and no one was on the line. He had NO idea how much we appreciated that after the last year :)

Sorry for too long OT...

But as for the party, we've only been to one in August 2019 - the second party. Super crowded that year. We missed 7 Dwarves in 2019 by minutes as I think they ended at 11 and we were waiting until later for lower lines since Stitch earlier was at least 2 hours (DH and I left our old-enough kids to go do other stuff!) and waiting in a second long line was just too much party time lost.

Edited to add: So I guess some character lines end early? Was that the norm that year? Since it was our first MNSSHP we assumed everything went until midnight.

Hello!
We are thinking about going to our first Halloween Party this year when we are there in September. We went to the After Hours Boo Bash last year but I know that party was very different than the normal offering. Are the 7 dwarfs meeting this year? I have read a few blog posts and can not find anything about them. I would really love to meet them if we go!

haha, I can relate!

In 2010ish we planned for the last 4 p.m. meet and greet for Snow White in Epcot - then she wasn't there. Our then 4-year-old complained about it constantly over the next year. It felt like every.single.day. LOL

On our trip almost a year later she was wearing her Snow White dress when we entered MK on our 1st day and a CM immediately pulled us aside once we tapped in and immediately steered us to Snow White where he said it was a "secret" spot and no one was on the line. He had NO idea how much we appreciated that after the last year :)

Sorry for too long OT...

But as for the party, we've only been to one in August 2019 - the second party. Super crowded that year. We missed 7 Dwarves in 2019 by minutes as I think they ended at 11 and we were waiting until later for lower lines since Stitch earlier was at least 2 hours (DH and I left our old-enough kids to go do other stuff!) and waiting in a second long line was just too much party time lost.

Edited to add: So I guess some character lines end early? Was that the norm that year? Since it was our first MNSSHP we assumed everything went until midnight.
See that’s the kind of thing I always do and it makes my kids so mad! But why wouldn’t they meet until the end?

Related/unrelated… do the special snacks not get sold until right at 7? Any chance we can get a special shake at 6 or earlier with our wrist bands?

See that’s the kind of thing I always do and it makes my kids so mad! But why wouldn’t they meet until the end?

Related/unrelated… do the special snacks not get sold until right at 7? Any chance we can get a special shake at 6 or earlier with our wrist bands?
It was mentioned a couple of pages back I think, they close the line when they think they reach the amount of guests that would meet the character until the end of the party so the character can leave as the part ends. They might also end it a bit early to make sure another line doesn't form right at the end of the party.

As far as I'm aware they don't bring them out till the party starts, I saw on one of the videos from the first party that Aloha Isle shut down before the party and then reopened when the party started or after 6pm, I can't remember which one it was to go back and double check exactly what they said.

Thank you!!! I booked this party, and I kid you not, with exactly one objective in mind and that's trick or treating!! So I want to have a realistic expectation of what to expect, Lol 🤣
Trick or treating is the purpose of the entire trip in fact!!!

Look not to judge and you should do what makes you happy, but why would you pay this much money just to get candy? You could buy so much more candy for that amount of money than you will get.

Look not to judge and you should do what makes you happy, but why would you pay this much money just to get candy? You could buy so much more candy for that amount of money than you will get.
I think a fair distinction is buying candy vs. Trick-or-treating. One is the fast track to a sugar coma, and the other is doing a fun seasonal activity in a magical theme park. YMMV.

Just watched a Serena Rae video for opening night, she found out the Stitch queue was 40mins at around 7;16 and then went to join the Minnie, Daisy and Donald queue but gave up after 35-40mins. Goofy had people around him but it looked quiet, she didn't show is line though. He was a shorter wait when I saw him a few years back so that might be a good one for little ones.

I haven't finished the video yet but looks like she doesn't go back for them so can't say what it was like later in the party.

🤣 Lol, yes, I fully realize I could get a truck load of candy at the grocery store for that much money. For me, it's not about the candy per say - it's about trick-or-treating. We moved out of the country during my last trick-or-treatable age years when I was a kid so I felt like I missed out. Now I have an opportunity to compensate and go trick-or-treating as an adult without it being too weird and I'm taking it!!!

Of course, we'll watch the parade and the fireworks and maybe the stage show so it won't just be about trick-or-treating and MK atmosphere. But truly, I wanted to do this because I wanted to go trick-or-treating in MK sooo badly. I've been wanting to for years actually and I finally have the vacation time to do it.

🤣 Lol, yes, I fully realize I could get a truck load of candy at the grocery store for that much money. For me, it's not about the candy per say - it's about trick-or-treating. We moved out of the country during my last trick-or-treatable age years when I was a kid so I felt like I missed out. Now I have an opportunity to compensate and go trick-or-treating as an adult without it being too weird and I'm taking it!!!

Of course, we'll watch the parade and the fireworks and maybe the stage show so it won't just be about trick-or-treating and MK atmosphere. But truly, I wanted to do this because I wanted to go trick-or-treating in MK sooo badly. I've been wanting to for years actually and I finally have the vacation time to do it.

Totally makes sense. I really was honestly curious! Have a great time!

Just watched a Serena Rae video for opening night, she found out the Stitch queue was 40mins at around 7;16 and then went to join the Minnie, Daisy and Donald queue but gave up after 35-40mins. Goofy had people around him but it looked quiet, she didn't show is line though. He was a shorter wait when I saw him a few years back so that might be a good one for little ones.

I haven't finished the video yet but looks like she doesn't go back for them so can't say what it was like later in the party.
We got on line to meet Stitch last night at 9:40ish. Even with a short break for Stitch, we made it to the castle with time to spare for the fireworks at 10:15.

Last edited:

We may be skipping Minnie, daisy, and Donald then. Does anyone know if you can at least see them without getting in line? I’m just curious if my 2 year old can just look at them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter