"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone who has never been (me, DH and 3 teenage boys) do you think the party is a good bet or would we be better adding a park dsy to our 3 day tickets? I myself have always wanted to go to a party.
I think it's worth it but it depends on what your other plans are. MNSSHP is great for riding overlaid attractions, trick or treating, watching the shows, and meeting the characters. If that sounds like something your family would enjoy then I say go for it! If you're just looking to get more time in the parks you're better off to add on 1(or 2 considering the price) park days to get more time.

For someone who has never been (me, DH and 3 teenage boys) do you think the party is a good bet or would we be better adding a park dsy to our 3 day tickets? I myself have always wanted to go to a party.
Hmmm, that’s a hard one. The parties are fun but they’ve gotten so expensive. No doubt you’ll have a great time but nearing $1k for 5 ppl is getting hard to swallow. It makes for great memories so I consider it a worthwhile splurge.

Just wondering if I had to call to buy
You should be able to buy online. Some people had trouble when their trip wasn’t attached/showing in MDE but once they sorted that part, were able to reload the party ticket page and see the link to buy tickets show up. You won’t see all the party dates, just the ones during your trip.

You should be able to buy online. Some people had trouble when their trip wasn’t attached/showing in MDE but once they sorted that part, were able to reload the party ticket page and see the link to buy tickets show up. You won’t see all the party dates, just the ones during your trip.

Hmm. I am all linked up but for some reason it is still not showing! Oh well... maybe the universe is telling me an extra park day is a better value? LOL

ETA - Or maybe not - I just found it!! Now what to do... I know the boys would love shorter waits and more rides, but I'm not sure how much shorter they will be. Any historic wait info on rides during MNSSHP?

Last edited:

Hmm. I am all linked up but for some reason it is still not showing! Oh well... maybe the universe is telling me an extra park day is a better value? LOL

ETA - Or maybe not - I just found it!! Now what to do... I know the boys would love shorter waits and more rides, but I'm not sure how much shorter they will be. Any historic wait info on rides during MNSSHP?

Wait times for rides aren’t as good as After Hour events that have much lower attendance. Still it should be better than what you see during the day.

From what I remember: 7DMT generally has the longest wait, usually under 30 minutes is as good as it gets. Rides like Haunted Mansion and Space Mtn have longer lines early on and then quiet down as the hours pass. Other harder rides are 20 minutes or less by the second half of the party. Easy rides like Buzz, Barnstormer, Dumbo, Carousel, People mover, might be a little busy at first and then become walk-on to 10 minutes. Jungle Cruise usually is not open. (Corrections welcome if something’s missing or off)

Obviously the fireworks are not to be missed. The parade is awesome too! We like to watch both times. The second run is usually less crowded. Personally we like to see the Hocus Pocus earlier even though it’s more crowded. The characters are fun to see but we only do greets that have shorter lines. Time goes quick. Best to eat a good dinner right before it starts so you don’t waste time looking for a real meal.

Have a great time if you go!

Hello, is it necessary to buy tickets at MNSSHP at midnight tomorrow? Hoping to get tickets for 10/11 or 10/10.

As far as characters will it be the same as Boo Bash?

Is mickey's phillarmagic going to be under refurbishment then? As far as Splash Mountain being open will it be the current one or the princess and the frog themed ride?

Hello, is it necessary to buy tickets at MNSSHP at midnight tomorrow? Hoping to get tickets for 10/11 or 10/10.

As far as characters will it be the same as Boo Bash?

Is mickey's phillarmagic going to be under refurbishment then? As far as Splash Mountain being open will it be the current one or the princess and the frog themed ride?
Tickets will likely open online right after midnight May 18 since that’s how onsite purchasing happened.

Can’t say for sure about which characters but I expect Meet & Greets will be back, and a good assortment Along with the favorites like Jack & Sally.

Splash should stay open at least until Tron opens. Philharmagic isn’t usually open during the party. Didn’t it already go through refurb last year Between Oct and Nov?

This is all speculation on my part. Nothing here is confirmed.

Has anyone heard that the first night of NNS will also be media night and the crowds will be larger than normal because of this?

Has anyone heard that the first night of NNS will also be media night and the crowds will be larger than normal because of this?
One site guessed the first party will be crowded with vloggers and must do it first locals, and the media event might be second party.

From Disneytouristblog-

2022 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party FAQ​

What about the very first night?

It tends to be overrun with bloggers, vloggers, social media influencers, and the many other Floridians who have to be first to do anything. You might want to avoid those evenings–especially if you don’t want to be in the background of someone’s vlog or live stream. Personally, I would not attend the first night if I did not have to for the sake of “research.” (Honestly, we’re debating whether to do the 4th party instead–there will be a surplus of coverage from night one, and waiting might be more pleasant for us.)

The second party is typically not nearly as bad. The only caveat I’d offer there is that Disney typically uses this as media night, so it can have some of the same problems as the first (on a much smaller scale). The bigger issue is that they often rope off some of the best parade viewing areas.

Still, it’s a Tuesday in mid-August, so it won’t be too bad.

We already have a 14 day memory maker ticket and have a MK reservation for the day that we want to do the Halloween party. Will photos that we have taken if any during the Halloween event show up as part of our existing memory maker or do I need to pay extra for this during the Halloween party as it’s not part of my 14 day ticket?

We already have a 14 day memory maker ticket and have a MK reservation for the day that we want to do the Halloween party. Will photos that we have taken if any during the Halloween event show up as part of our existing memory maker or do I need to pay extra for this during the Halloween party as it’s not part of my 14 day ticket?
Your Memory Maker will work for the party. Any pictures from MNSSHP will show up in your account just like the rest of your trip pictures.

Reactions: itf
The bigger issue is that they often rope off some of the best parade viewing areas.

Would you happen to know which parade viewing areas get roped off on an average party day (like for the people attending cruela’s party)? Do you know if the area near Walt’s statue is typically roped off?

The crowds will be larger and also... when I attended first nights (of After Hours and MNSSHP) bloggers and media personality were allowed to use the fast pass lanes, while everyone else had to wait in line. It was enraging to watch folks waltz into pirates (which had an overlay) while the rest of us waited 45 minutes to an hour. After that I promised myself I'd never attend another 'first night' where I paid more than the bloggers (who often get in free) and yet somehow got treated like a second class attendee. (Yes, I'm 'bitter, party of 1' over here. :P )

Thanks, everyone. Unfortunately, based on the dates of my long-planned trip, only the first night is available for me. Ah well.

Would you happen to know which parade viewing areas get roped off on an average party day (like for the people attending cruela’s party)? Do you know if the area near Walt’s statue is typically roped off?
Cruella’s is the area around the flagpole in the front of the park by Tony’s Restaurant. I’m pretty sure this is the only paid ‘rope off’ for the parade.

For fireworks there’s Party Dessert Parties too (party inception lol) that usually have an area near Walt’s statue.

Thanks, everyone. Unfortunately, based on the dates of my long-planned trip, only the first night is available for me. Ah well.
Ahh too bad. Stinks too that’s it’s higher price because the higher demand. Like a double whammy.

Cruella’s is the area around the flagpole in the front of the park by Tony’s Restaurant. I’m pretty sure this is the only paid ‘rope off’ for the parade.

For fireworks there’s Party Dessert Parties too (party inception lol) that usually have an area near Walt’s statue.

Thank you!! I'm hoping the fireworks will be done before the second parade :).

Tickets will likely open online right after midnight May 18 since that’s how onsite purchasing happened.

Can’t say for sure about which characters but I expect Meet & Greets will be back, and a good assortment Along with the favorites like Jack & Sally.

Splash should stay open at least until Tron opens. Philharmagic isn’t usually open during the party. Didn’t it already go through refurb last year Between Oct and Nov?

This is all speculation on my part. Nothing here is confirmed.
Thank you for this info.

I have another character question. It's about Halloween dressed pooh and eeyore. Would I be able to get a photo with just those two characters or would my photo also need to include tigger and piglet? Would I be able to get individal pictures with pooh and eeyore by waiting once in line or would I need to wait in line twice? Will they be available throughout the party or only available a certain time?

After I bought our tickets last week our flights got changed so wanting to move our MNSSHP date. I had it on our last night which was a Tuesday. Do you think there will be much difference between a Tuesday crowd and a Sunday crowd?

Right now we have tickets for Tuesday the 13th and Tuesday the 20th.

Thinking about changing to either Sunday the 11th and Sunday the 18th. Or keep Tuesday the 13th and Sunday the 18th (September dates).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter