Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

I see that last year the 10K started at MK parking and ended at EP parking. Is this typically the case? Any chance it will be an EP start & finish this year? (that would make it a lot easier for using a car)
I see that last year the 10K started at MK parking and ended at EP parking. Is this typically the case? Any chance it will be an EP start & finish this year? (that would make it a lot easier for using a car)
it has been this route for 4 years - so unlikely to change, but you never know. When you drive, you park at Epcot and there are buses to send you to MK. It's pretty easy and seamless.

it's been that way for the 10K/Half for SW and W&D since 2017 HOWEVER I've also read that there is or is about to be major roadwork on World Drive near where the course normally began and that mixed with all the Epcot work makes what 2020 courses will look like anyone's guess

it has been this route for 4 years - so unlikely to change, but you never know. When you drive, you park at Epcot and there are buses to send you to MK. It's pretty easy and seamless.
Cool, I didn't know about the parking shuttle. Thanks!

I have a friend who will be at WDW the weekend this is going on. She needs to leave for the airport Sunday morning around 7 AM, from Beach Club (for a 10 AM flight). That's the morning of the half marathon.

Does anyone know if she'll likely encounter traffic issues heading out toward MCO?

I have a friend who will be at WDW the weekend this is going on. She needs to leave for the airport Sunday morning around 7 AM, from Beach Club (for a 10 AM flight). That's the morning of the half marathon.

Does anyone know if she'll likely encounter traffic issues heading out toward MCO?

Until the exact route is released for the course - we won't be able to know exactly what will happen. It is possible there will be some traffic delays but if you're using Magical Express - they should know the other routes available to take.

Until the exact route is released for the course - we won't be able to know exactly what will happen. It is possible there will be some traffic delays but if you're using Magical Express - they should know the other routes available to take.
When do they release the route? I think they're renting a car, so no DME.

I'm afraid I wasn't the best person to ask on this. We got sidelined for an hour trying to get to the MK on marathon morning in early January. And that was after we were told by hotel staff that Disney buses would know which route to avoid the race.

From the beach club, there should not be any traffic issues to get to the airport caused from the race. We have driven around while the races are going on around that area and they never close down any of the roads to get from the beach club to the airport.

I guess here's to hoping the mexican beer virus doesn't impact our race at all
I came away from Dopey with what was either a mild-ish bout of influenza (I had all the usual flu symptoms EXCEPT a fever, making it a mystery) or the worst cold I've ever had. I can't get the flu vaccine, thanks to previous bad reactions, so I do and did all I can to protect myself: I wash my hands, try not to touch common elements, don't touch my face, keep to open spaces and avoid being crowded up near others, wipe down my hotel room... still got it, so someone was out there in a park or on a course spreading it around. If everyone would just practice good hygiene and stay away from others when they feel ill, we'd all be better protected, but when folks pay big money to race, they drag themselves out there, ill or not, and expose everyone around them. I'm honestly no more worried about this than the regular flu or cold - I figure my potential exposure is the same, regardless, so all I can do is control what's within my ability to control.

From the beach club, there should not be any traffic issues to get to the airport caused from the race. We have driven around while the races are going on around that area and they never close down any of the roads to get from the beach club to the airport.
Thanks you. I'll pass that reassurance along to my friend.

So training? Yeah, right....I’ve been down since mid Dec and diagnosed with a hip impingement with chondrolabral separation. My “training” is currently strict prohibition from running and physical therapy in hopes I can just “get through it”. Joy. Here’s to packing a huge bottle of Advil and ice packs. PT people keep looking at me and asking, “can you just do them next year? can you do just two of the races and not all three?” Um, no. I have costumes planned and I need all. the. medals. as I stare at them like they’re crazy :rotfl2::crutches::sad1::sad:

@lilmc have you tried walking? I was diagnosed with a cam type FAI with a complex labral tear in July ‘19 and I was able to complete Dopey last month walking. My orthopedic doctor actually suggested walking because it is low impact. I’m still walking pain free and will (hopefully) collect some awesome medals in 7 weeks!
Good luck with your training, and may the force be with you!

I guess here's to hoping the mexican beer virus doesn't impact our race at all

I just had an industry conference canceled because of it, and the Japanese theme parks (Disney and Universal both) are shutting down for 2 weeks. At this point in the US I feel like there's more panic than reason, but hopefully everything blows over with not too much spread of things in the next few weeks and we can still race.....

I just had an industry conference canceled because of it, and the Japanese theme parks (Disney and Universal both) are shutting down for 2 weeks. At this point in the US I feel like there's more panic than reason, but hopefully everything blows over with not too much spread of things in the next few weeks and we can still race.....

Think Japan is shutting schools and theme parks with one goal in mind.. the Olympics. They are probably shutting things down out of an abundance of caution because they do not want this thing to spread to the point the Olympics are moved out.

So training? Yeah, right....I’ve been down since mid Dec and diagnosed with a hip impingement with chondrolabral separation. My “training” is currently strict prohibition from running and physical therapy in hopes I can just “get through it”. Joy. Here’s to packing a huge bottle of Advil and ice packs. PT people keep looking at me and asking, “can you just do them next year? can you do just two of the races and not all three?” Um, no. I have costumes planned and I need all. the. medals. as I stare at them like they’re crazy :rotfl2::crutches::sad1::sad:
My sister walked Dopey last month without training at all. Her last "running" of any kind before Dopey was a half marathon in September that she also walked after having not trained at all. So as The Rise of Skywalker reminds us, "Nothing's impossible." And because runDisney does not allow deferrals, "next year" simply may not be an option. Best of luck.

I've been lazy so thought I would do a long run to get confidence up. That did not work out. Tired at 10km. Gone at 15km. Walked last 3.5km back home. 18.5km and calves more sore then there be in years. Back to shorter distance for a few weeks. At least the turn around point had a nice view (about a hour north of Sydney)

Attachments

• IMG_20200301_083321.jpg
    IMG_20200301_083321.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 7

There's more panic than reason happening all over the world. They closed kindergartens here in Dubai and canceled all after school activities for all grades too. Like it's okay for kids to be with each other during school but somehow they are magically at higher risk once the bell rings?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter