Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

Any idea when the route will be posted?

Just curious where the 10k will end. If it's still the same process, I think our plan would be to go to HS when we finish the race to try to get a boarding group for Rise, then head back to our hotel.

Odds are extremely high the 10k will end in the Epcot parking lot. Basically every race ends there now, now that they've moved the Wine and Dine 5k over from Animal Kingdom.

Any idea when the route will be posted?

Just curious where the 10k will end. If it's still the same process, I think our plan would be to go to HS when we finish the race to try to get a boarding group for Rise, then head back to our hotel.

The courses will most likely be published 2-3 weeks before race weekend when the event guide comes out.

If I am doing the 5K, do you think it will be plenty of time to get to Ohana for breakfast at 9 am? Figure if I start at 6 am and take my time and it takes an hour to complete. I figure it’s plenty of time to get from Epcot to Polynesian via monorail? Or bus? Sorry unfamiliar with the area. Thanks in advance

Okay, I've been slacking on room and flights. Got those sorted out finally. I had a CBR room, but I had to rebook to tack a day onto the end of the trip, so I ended up at POFQ for the third time. Southwest dropped their SJC-MCO nonstop so I get to go up to SJC and fly United - Alaska's one flight is at a less convenient time.

If I am doing the 5K, do you think it will be plenty of time to get to Ohana for breakfast at 9 am? Figure if I start at 6 am and take my time and it takes an hour to complete. I figure it’s plenty of time to get from Epcot to Polynesian via monorail? Or bus? Sorry unfamiliar with the area. Thanks in advance

You're probably okay, but be aware that things can go wrong. For example, you could get torrential downpour with lightning that makes them delay starting the 5k for an hour and a half. Like, say, last year.

Your best route is probably monorail to TTC, then either transfer to resort loop or just walk it.

If you dont p
Okay, I've been slacking on room and flights. Got those sorted out finally. I had a CBR room, but I had to rebook to tack a day onto the end of the trip, so I ended up at POFQ for the third time. Southwest dropped their SJC-MCO nonstop so I get to go up to SJC and fly United - Alaska's one flight is at a less convenient time.

You're probably okay, but be aware that things can go wrong. For example, you could get torrential downpour with lightning that makes them delay starting the 5k for an hour and a half. Like, say, last year.

Your best route is probably monorail to TTC, then either transfer to resort loop or just walk it.
I’d say just take the Poly race bus if they are traveling right from the finish

Got a new daily planner for 2020 and marking in it dates coming off when I'll be off work and suddenly realize my kids spring break lines up exactly with Star Wars weekend. She's just watched 5 of them (gonna do prequels last) and taking her to the final movie this week. Now I have this crazy hair-brained idea to look at hotels, etc. Starting to think about the challenge for me and one mile race for her. I'm probably insane and I never book so close to something and my husband is probably going to put a hard NOPE on it. But at least it'll be a fun diversion to think about it.

This is all due to FOMO from hearing about everyone's marathon weekend so I'm blaming everyone on disboards :)

Got a new daily planner for 2020 and marking in it dates coming off when I'll be off work and suddenly realize my kids spring break lines up exactly with Star Wars weekend. She's just watched 5 of them (gonna do prequels last) and taking her to the final movie this week. Now I have this crazy hair-brained idea to look at hotels, etc. Starting to think about the challenge for me and one mile race for her. I'm probably insane and I never book so close to something and my husband is probably going to put a hard NOPE on it. But at least it'll be a fun diversion to think about it.

This is all due to FOMO from hearing about everyone's marathon weekend so I'm blaming everyone on disboards :)

That's more or less what we did last year. Wife's spring break hit the week before the race, so we flew out on Tuesday. Wife and younger son attempted to do the 5k (and looked like drowned rats afterwards due to the torrential downpour), then I did the challenge. We flew back on Monday because she only had Tue/Thu classes.

Note that this year, the week leading up to the race is an annual pass blackout week due to expected crowds, so might want to take that into account.

Im new to this but really glad I ran into this thread. My wife has been trying to get me to run with her for years but I’ve always hated it (im a bigger fella). A few months ago I changed the way I ate and added a healthy amount of exercise. I’ve lost a fair amount of weight and my first 5k ever will be in April! Very excited! See you there!

Note that this year, the week leading up to the race is an annual pass blackout week due to expected crowds, so might want to take that into account.
AP Blackouts for Gold Tier and below are the norm for the two weeks surrounding Easter and lift either the Saturday or Sunday of race weekend

We're planning on two easy Disney Springs/Hotel days that Thursday and Friday of race weekend due to the blackout.

Last year we did two Disney Spring days pre-cruise day before Easter and Easter because we didn't feel like getting bombarded in the parks. We did the balloon and amphibicar before hardly any people showed up. Had brunch at homecoming and dinner at the Boathouse. Swam at the hotel middle of day. Not gonna lie, it was pretty great.

We're planning on two easy Disney Springs/Hotel days that Thursday and Friday of race weekend due to the blackout.

We checkin Thurs, so we're still trying to figure out what to do on Fri since 2 of us are blacked out (I have gold and another person has Silver).

We're arriving the Sunday before (our daughter lives in Orlando), and ummm...well, we're probably going to be doing some house-hunting during the week. My wife and I are quickly reaching our limit on cold Midwestern winters.

Im new to this but really glad I ran into this thread. My wife has been trying to get me to run with her for years but I’ve always hated it (im a bigger fella). A few months ago I changed the way I ate and added a healthy amount of exercise. I’ve lost a fair amount of weight and my first 5k ever will be in April! Very excited! See you there!

Good on you!

Also, I know you can dress up for this run, are there any decent star wars themed running gear around?
I just want to point out that it is WARM here in FL in April, so whatever you use for your outfits, please make sure you'll be comfortable in the heat. On average, it's likely to be in the mid- to high-60s to start and rise quickly into the mid- to high-70s. I fashion outfits out of my regular running clothes, personally.

Just registered for the half since the 10k was sold out. Will be my first half. I figure I have just enough time to train for it since I’m already trained up for a 10k. I’m 47 and terrified I won’t be able to do this. But my daughter is running the Kessel run challenge and I’ll be up and out with her anyway.

Plan my first long run this weekend—6.5 miles.

Excited to be part of this but worried I’m in over my head. Also questioning weather I’ll be able to walk at the Magic Kingdom the next day.
You've got this! Find a training plan that suits your life and follow it and you'll be fine.

Starting to worry I won't be in good enough shape to do the 10k.
LOTS of time yet to train for it! Do you have a training plan to follow? There are plans on the runDisney website you can use.

Starting to worry I won't be in good enough shape to do the 10k.

You have got time before the race still! But even if you still don't feel like you are 100% ready, know that I walked about 90% of my first RunDisney 10K because I was terribly undertrained and it was extra hot/humid that day. I still finished and still had a blast! So no need to worry yet! :)

I just want to point out that it is WARM here in FL in April, so whatever you use for your outfits, please make sure you'll be comfortable in the heat. On average, it's likely to be in the mid- to high-60s to start and rise quickly into the mid- to high-70s. I fashion outfits out of my regular running clothes, personal

I live in Orlando, and lived in FL for 25 years, so I'm well aware of the heat lol. That's why I was asking about SW running gear. I'm a big guy, and no way I can dress up completely for a run, I'd be starting a fire as hot as I'd get

LOTS of time yet to train for it! Do you have a training plan to follow? There are plans on the runDisney website you can use.
You have got time before the race still! But even if you still don't feel like you are 100% ready, know that I walked about 90% of my first RunDisney 10K because I was terribly undertrained and it was extra hot/humid that day. I still finished and still had a blast! So no need to worry yet! :)

Thanks. More has to do with my weight and my lower back situation. Anytime I start training harder, my back goes out. But I can't run much til I lose weight. It sucks. Still working on my diet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!