Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

I booked 4 nights at Pop starting SW race weekend and rates were: Sat-$250, Sun-$183, Mon-Tues-$171. Hoping for a discount of some kind to come out, but with Galaxy's Edge opening I feel like the usual discount schedule may not apply.

I am in for the Rival run Challenge + Kessel! Thank you to those on this board that explained how to sign up, as it really wasn't clear on the rD site!!

This is the only race weekend that I have legacy status - excited about the 5th anniversary, and fingers crossed that we get to run through GE!

IKR? It's insane. I'm nearly always offsite, but if that goes up, too, I'll be sleeping in my car, lol!

We had decided to pass on Star Wars since we were taking family to Disney in the Fall but they cancelled last night. So I switched DVC reservations to April. That’s when I realized it was the last of the 2 week Easter / Spring Break time since it took almost all the points from both Fall reservations!

Anyway, DH and I are both registered for the Kessel and Challenge and have our Poly reservations all set!

So, as many of these races as DW and I have done, we've never had a scenario where one of us had to register the other. I was stuck in a meeting this morning, so she took care of both. For those who have gone that route, shouldn't I get an email or something? I figured it would also show up in my account, but so far nothing.

Ok so dumb question. You choose which side to support, the light or the dark. Is there a difference, I mean do you get anything to differentiate yourself or anything?

Ok so dumb question. You choose which side to support, the light or the dark. Is there a difference, I mean do you get anything to differentiate yourself or anything?
Only your bib will be different, based on light or dark side. I did light this year, so chose dark for 2020.

So, as many of these races as DW and I have done, we've never had a scenario where one of us had to register the other. I was stuck in a meeting this morning, so she took care of both. For those who have gone that route, shouldn't I get an email or something? I figured it would also show up in my account, but so far nothing.

I did this last year and registered DH under my account. It never showed under his but he had no issue picking up stuff at the expo. We were told he could request it be moved to his account, but it never happened.

This year I logged into his account to register him and he has the confirmation and it shows for him.

Hope this helps!

I signed up for Kessel + challenge. It’s my 5th year doing the half, 4th year doing the challenge and third year doing the Kessel. Hopefully with SWGE being open, the course will change to run through it. I’m opting not to stay on property this time, because hotels are crazy expensive lately. Gonna start my training on the 22nd, cause I’m slow and need that much time to train 😂😂

No you won’t get an email. I didn’t last year when my sister registered me for the 5k while I was taking care of my Half.

By registering you, her account is managing your registration. That’s fine, she can input your POT, you’ll still pick up your bib - but if you want to manage your own registration she’ll need to email runDisney@disneysports.com - it’s explained in the FAQ (scroll down to Account Management).

Looks like Rise of the Resistance will be open in plenty of time for the race weekend. It's a little weird that it's opening at Hollywood Studios on December 5th but not until January 17th in California. I guess they are expecting bigger crowds in Florida so it's becoming a priority? I wonder if it's too much to hope for fast pass availability by April.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ening-dates-for-both-disney-world-disneyland/

Signed up! Got in the queue at 7:02 and waited around 20 minutes. Our first time doing a runDisney race since having kids so we need to split up and do separate races. Hopefully one day we can all run together in the same race, but that is many years away. DD is signed up for the 100m dash (she'll be 1), DS is signed up for the 1 mile run (he'll be 4), DH is signed up for the half, and I'm signed up for the 10K. I haven't run since before I was pregnant so it's been awhile... wish me luck 😅 We have a BWV/RIV split stay booked for this trip and I'm looking forward to our first Riviera stay!

Also, DH reconsidered after I registered and wanted to switch to the Kessel with the half but the upgrade on the site was over $120, which is definitely a huge premium over the initial signup cost. So he decided not to do the Kessel.

I did this last year and registered DH under my account. It never showed under his but he had no issue picking up stuff at the expo. We were told he could request it be moved to his account, but it never happened.

This year I logged into his account to register him and he has the confirmation and it shows for him.

Hope this helps!

Yes, that puts my mind at ease. Not getting that follow-up email never makes you feel good!

No you won’t get an email. I didn’t last year when my sister registered me for the 5k while I was taking care of my Half.

By registering you, her account is managing your registration. That’s fine, she can input your POT, you’ll still pick up your bib - but if you want to manage your own registration she’ll need to email runDisney@disneysports.com - it’s explained in the FAQ (scroll down to Account Management).

Ah-ha! See, I started reading the FAQ but stopped just before that question. That's what I get for being impatient. Thank you!

Same... Maybe more will be made available when regular registration opens and maybe we’ll know what they look like.
I would guess so. We know that they only make a small number of race reservations available for early AP/DVC/et all and that even if you miss out on AP, you can still in during general.

I wonder if the low edition size has to do with how many people actually purchase special MagicBands during race weekend.

Looks like Rise of the Resistance will be open in plenty of time for the race weekend. It's a little weird that it's opening at Hollywood Studios on December 5th but not until January 17th in California. I guess they are expecting bigger crowds in Florida so it's becoming a priority? I wonder if it's too much to hope for fast pass availability by April.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ening-dates-for-both-disney-world-disneyland/
Here's my theory for why Rise of the Resistance is opening earlier in Florida than California now. Disneyland crowds are already lower than expected for the summer. I believe that's directly related to only one SWGE ride operating right now and everyone knowing it. It's very likely that they knew they could open one of the two Rise of the Resistance rides this December with the other one coming in January so they chose Disney World because a January opening there is more likely to result in trip cancellations, hotel cancellations, ADR cancellations.

Do we know what themes are? Aside from Chewbaca for virtual?
For Dark Side 2018, they went exclusively for The Last Jedi characters. With The Rise of Skywalker being the end of the Skywalker saga, I hope they focus on one trilogy for each medal. Personally, I want prequel for the 5K, sequel for the 10K, and original for the half. I want either original trilogy or Rey and Kylo Ren for the challenge. And I'm not at all anti prequel. I just like the original trilogy and sequel movies more.

Does anyone know if you can change your side after registering? Since I'm doing all 3 races, I should switch 5K to Dark Side since I'm definitely doing Light Side for the challenge so I have bibs for both sides. While I like the heroes better in all stories, Star Wars is the only one where I really like the villains too.

I think they'll announce themes in the next month or so. At least it seems like that's what happened with Marathon Weekend and Princess.

Does anyone know if you can change your side after registering? Since I'm doing all 3 races, I should switch 5K to Dark Side since I'm definitely doing Light Side for the challenge so I have bibs for both sides. While I like the heroes better in all stories, Star Wars is the only one where I really like the villains too.

From what I remember for this year, you could change from light to dark until around Dec. Or at least that when I noticed that they took away the option.
I only paid attention because we were debating on it, and I kept checking to see if you could change.

Here's my theory for why Rise of the Resistance is opening earlier in Florida than California now. Disneyland crowds are already lower than expected for the summer. I believe that's directly related to only one SWGE ride operating right now and everyone knowing it. It's very likely that they knew they could open one of the two Rise of the Resistance rides this December with the other one coming in January so they chose Disney World because a January opening there is more likely to result in trip cancellations, hotel cancellations, ADR cancellations.

Meanwhile, we've been planning a DL visit in early January...about a week and a half before RotR opens. So, I can pray for soft openings, but...

From what I remember for this year, you could change from light to dark until around Dec. Or at least that when I noticed that they took away the option.
I only paid attention because we were debating on it, and I kept checking to see if you could change.

I suspect you can change it up until the cutoff for submitting PoT results.

Meanwhile, we've been planning a DL visit in early January...about a week and a half before RotR opens. So, I can pray for soft openings, but...
Yeah. I was really hoping for, but not expecting an early to late August opening or even a November opening so I could see it before Marathon Weekend. But at least it will be open marathon weekend, so I'm happy about that. My legs might not be, so I may have to ban myself from the studios from Friday through the marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter