Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

I see that only the 10k is sold out. Is there any chance of runDisney offering any discounts for those other races?
I occasionally get ads on Instagram offering a discount of $20 on this race weekend but not sure how it works, hadn't clicked through because I'm already signed up. Maybe someone else here has the code?

Sorry if this was asked, but anyone think there's any chance they'll lift the AP blackout for Thurs or Fri?

Kinda stinks we're coming for the run weekend, but can really only go Saturday, maybe Sun morning

Sorry if this was asked, but anyone think there's any chance they'll lift the AP blackout for Thurs or Fri?

Kinda stinks we're coming for the run weekend, but can really only go Saturday, maybe Sun morning
Wow, thanks for mentioning that. I was planning to upgrade our park tickets to the golf pass this weekend while we are at WDW for Marathon weekend. I didn't even think about blackouts since our kids' spring break is much earlier. What a bummer. Now I need to figure out whether to just get regular tickets and upgrade to a pass while we are at Star Wars or whether to get the Signature pass. :(

Worst case with the AP blackout - we'll go to The Void, Splitsville, Mini-golf, the movies, the spa or the pool. Lots of fun options to be had!

Any chance they’ll release more 10k bibs? I see they released some before Christmas but I wasn’t paying attention.

Any chance they’ll release more 10k bibs? I see they released some before Christmas but I wasn’t paying attention.

Others will chime in, but since the challenge isn't sold out I'd say there is a strong possibility.

That's it, Disney wins again. After reading reports on the Marathon Weekend expo I broke down and bought the Runner Bundle for the half despite only wanting the magnet. Ideally, I would get the challenge magnet too, but I'm not willing to shell out for more pins.

I've collected one from every runDisney event I've completed, although I almost missed out on Wine and Dine if not for returned magnets at Merchandise after the half marathon. I would be stressed about it all weekend if I couldn't find one at the expo and I'll be ...er... DONALDED if I give any of those ebay vultures any of my money.

On that note, if anyone wants those pins in April for MSRP, I'll be willing to part with them.

That's it, Disney wins again. After reading reports on the Marathon Weekend expo I broke down and bought the Runner Bundle for the half despite only wanting the magnet. Ideally, I would get the challenge magnet too, but I'm not willing to shell out for more pins.

I've collected one from every runDisney event I've completed, although I almost missed out on Wine and Dine if not for returned magnets at Merchandise after the half marathon. I would be stressed about it all weekend if I couldn't find one at the expo and I'll be ...er... DONALDED if I give any of those ebay vultures any of my money.

On that note, if anyone wants those pins in April for MSRP, I'll be willing to part with them.

I've been contemplating doing the same for the half since I won't be getting to WDW until Friday night. I hate it because I'm not a pin collector and it means I'll miss out on my AP discount, but I don't want to risk missing out on my magnet.

I'll be looking to buy the MEDAL replica pins and maybe the 10k pins, depending on what they look like... so keep me in mind if you want to sell them. i worry i wont get any since flying in Thursday night so will miss morning expo until friday

ps...i can also prepay you if needed

Forgive my ignorance , this is my first run event.

What's all at the expo?

Also, I know you can dress up for this run, are there any decent star wars themed running gear around?

Last edited:
There's the official runDisney themed and race merchandise at the expo as well as various other vendors.

Outside of gear from past SW races, there's really not much themed running grear. Under Armour had a line of Star Wars clothes you could use but that's about it.

Forgive my arrogance , this is my first run event.

What's all at the expo?

Also, I know you can dress up for this run, are there any decent star wars themed running gear around?

Here’s a list of things found at the Expo:

• Bib & shirt pick up
  • RunDisney merchandise
  • Vendors (running gear, clothing, services, etc)
  • Runner Relations (Corral issues, lost registrations, etc)
You can also check out the event guide from Marathon Weekend for an idea. Some of the details may vary, but the essence is the same.

https://guide.rundisney.events/expo/

As far as Star Wars running themed gear goes, it’s pretty spotty. I know of Star Wars offerings from:

• Under Armour (mostly compression, can be hard to find)
  • InkNBurn (very hard to find)
  • RunDisney (not sure of current availability)
  • Sixth Sun had some sublimated shirts that would work
  • Etsy may have some small vendors making custom offerings
I plan to roll out in my InB C-3PO and R2D2 shirts at this point. If I can get some weight off, I might swap over to UA Stormtrooper or Vader shirts. Unfortunately, “I’m a little round to be a Stormtrooper” right now. Nobody needs to see that. :sad2:

Im glad someone asked that question here, as I had been wondering where people get those shirts. I had planned on asking eventually, you beat me to it.

I went through the signup process and did not see the special weekend MagicBand. I would have thought it was with all of the pin bundles and the jacket. Am I not looking in the right location or is it actually sold out? Thanks.

I went through the signup process and did not see the special weekend MagicBand. I would have thought it was with all of the pin bundles and the jacket. Am I not looking in the right location or is it actually sold out? Thanks.

They sold out within the first day or so of signups way back in the fall. I registered a couple of days after the first day and MBs were gone by then

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter