Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

Has anyone stayed at the Poly for Star Wars weekend? (or Wine & Dine)? The Poly is my wife's dream resort, and started running the numbers again last weekend. Looking like a possibility with renting DVC points.

Last year's thread talked about walking to the start line. Anyone have experience with that? I'm thinking of hedging our bets and hoping that it will continue like that again, although as talked about above, there's the possibility the course will change.

We stayed at Pop for last years Wine and Dine, and staying at Caribbean Beach for Marathon week(end) 2020, so this seems like the next logical step lol.

Sorry for the delays on the group stuff - it's taking the new Group Getaways rep an average of 7 business days to return a simple email or phone call, and even longer than that to get stuff to IT.

The Star Wars group block rates aren't ... well, they're not real great.

Pop Century is $161 + taxes & fees/night (that's $180.13).
Caribbean Beach is $291 + taxes & fees/night ($327.38) - and these are all 5th sleeper rooms.

Pop is slightly cheaper than our Princess group rate, but anything not Pop is (my opinion) ridiculously priced.

I have to have 10 people committed to these rates to make them work, because I have to put a credit card down to guarantee them all on a Master Account.

Thoughts?

Hi there, I have been a lurker for quite some time, getting ready for my very first RunDisney event! But I am currently booked at Pop for April 17-21, 2020 and would love to know if the group rate option is still available? I know you said you were working hard on other (sooner events) rates, and that the response time is slow, but even if I can save a few dollars by booking that rate for some or all of those nights I would love to know how to do that.

However, if this is only available to new room bookings, that's okay too, I didn't think it would hurt to ask though!

Has anyone stayed at the Poly for Star Wars weekend? (or Wine & Dine)? The Poly is my wife's dream resort, and started running the numbers again last weekend. Looking like a possibility with renting DVC points.
We've stayed at Poly before. We didn't walk over, but did take the bus. Got there pretty early and were able to get through several of the character lines. Plus, Dole Whips.

I'm still trying to figure out whether we are doing the race this year. I'd love to do it for the 5th year but trying to coordinate things at home with the kiddos is tough.

Not seeing them online at the moment, anyone know what the All-Star rates will be after the discount?
All Star Sports - Gift of Magic for April 16-20 is $157.89/nt avg, Standard Room and $170.43/nt avg Preferred
AP discount same dates, $139.31 Standard/ $150.38 Preferred

I believe Music is a little higher and Movies is the same as Sports.

All Star Sports - Gift of Magic for April 16-20 is $157.89/nt avg, Standard Room and $170.43/nt avg Preferred
AP discount same dates, $139.31 Standard/ $150.38 Preferred

I believe Music is a little higher and Movies is the same as Sports.
Excellent, thank you! Seeing it now. Seems weird to say this since it's not that big a discount but it definitely feels like what the rates should have been in the first place.

If the 10k wasn’t sold out and it showed promise that the course would be better then wine and Dines is going to be I would of jumped with those rates

Most likely in it for the 5k & 10k
Waiting for room only reservations to go online
This is my first run. Looking for a motivational way to keep in shape. Are there runner-specific rooms that become available to reserve closer to the event?

This is my first run. Looking for a motivational way to keep in shape. Are there runner-specific rooms that become available to reserve closer to the event?
I know for some people got a block of rooms on other threads but those were done on their own time as rundisney doesn’t designate runners rooms

That said RunDisney does provide transportation from all hotels to the expo and race

Does anyone know how they calculate 10k times to Corrals? Is it just a straight pace conversion, or do they anticipate pace slowing in a longer race? Just wondering what 10k time I should be training for if I want to be in Corral B or C. Thanks!

Does anyone know how they calculate 10k times to Corrals? Is it just a straight pace conversion, or do they anticipate pace slowing in a longer race? Just wondering what 10k time I should be training for if I want to be in Corral B or C. Thanks!

The POT Equivalency Thread has DopeyBadger's best estimates. For B the current estimate is, 0:54:37; for C, 1:01:26.

I’m a little confused by the new rules - my son is running the 10K - is there a proof of time for the 10k or only higher races this year?

I’m a little confused by the new rules - my son is running the 10K - is there a proof of time for the 10k or only higher races this year?

I don’t think there are new rules around proof of time. The 10k has never required proof of time. You are corralled based on the estimated pace you enter. PoT is only required for the half, full (only run during MW) and challenges.

Question about down grading distance . Ive signed up for 21km and my 15yo son is doing the 10km the day before . Ive thought about seeing if i down grade so i dont have to have 2 really early mornings. If its sold out would they let me . Im also guessing if i can i just lose the price difference

I don’t think there are new rules around proof of time. The 10k has never required proof of time. You are corralled based on the estimated pace you enter. PoT is only required for the half, full (only run during MW) and challenges.

Thank you! This makes things so much simpler for us as I was really having a hard time finding a race for him here in MA! I just lowered his estimated time to finish based on his XC Times from recent races!

Thanks for the heads up on room discounts! I normally stay offsite to save money, but I actually got a good AP rate that is currently better than my go-to offsite options. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!