Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

A nice sub 2:20 half for myself.

I present a significant update! So I was not signed up for Rival Run Weekend but with the cancelation and the fact we had great weather in WI this weekend I decided to partake in the festivities of a virtual experience which according to social media hundreds of people did. So much so that even our favorite race announcers got in the fun...

I ran a nice 6.2 on Saturday and then an awesome 13.1 on Sunday (today). I even had some character stops...

Newest Disney Deluxe being constructed

View attachment 489350

BB-8!

View attachment 489351

Cone Alley...

View attachment 489352

Mouse Droid stop!

View attachment 489353

DJ Rex!

View attachment 489354

A Tie Fighter!

View attachment 489355

R5-D8!

View attachment 489356

And capped it off with post race beer and oreos!

View attachment 489357

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and are staying happy, healthy and safe!

Thanks for the support, guys! I just teared up a little :) Also I did a ton of stretching yesterday afterwards, and I'm feeling great today, I'll take a walk at lunch to keep my muscles happy.

I still want to do a Disney race, contemplating Marathon Weekend in Jan or the Princess Half - not sure which would be more fun for me but in the meantime I am going to keep my training up so I can get faster.

The "dodging people" was the worst part - I'm in NYC and although most are complying w/ wearing masks they're really bad at staying 6ft away from each other in public, or moving out of my way when I'm barreling towards them trying to stay to 1 side of the sidewalk!!

My virtual medal arrived today. It came in the Kessel Run box with the pin. My guess is that registered Kessel Runners received the Kessel box and the pin while virtual only runner received the medal and the Chewbacca box. I remember when I ran the virtual Kessel in 2018, they also included the BB-8 keychain as a special gift. I cheered excitedly when it showed up because after the hoops I had to jump through to get Kessel added to my challenge and the reports of travel agent refunds not getting the medal, I had some concerns that it would not arrive.

My work pressures this time of year do not balance well with training so I only train if there's a race to be run. Once the writing was on the wall for race cancellations, I stopped training. I needed one less thing to cause stress especially given the stresses created by Covid-19. I did go for a walk yesterday and listened to Star Wars music while doing so. I then spent the evening watching Disney movies and Star Wars movies to remember what was supposed to be.

Let's hope that as many of us as are able will spend be happily recovering from the 2021 races at this time in Walt Disney World!

I also went out and did the challenge over the weekend. It was SO HOT - but had fun with the Virtual Home Kit and some "character stops" along the way (courtesy my random Star Wars merch - finally got that post-race pic with Jedi Mickey! XD). And I even had a sports beans stop! Like others, in true runDisney fashion I had to dodge runners, other walkers and bikes with the added danger element of unleashed dogs. I'm sure the people in my neighborhood that were hanging out outside their houses yesterday were thinking: "Is she ever going to stop walking?? Why the heck does she have signs hanging from her belt?? Hey - Don't take pictures in front of my lawn!!" :laughing:

I stopped training when Corona came to my county early March (sorta imagined what was coming and I didn't want to add more stress on top of what comes with the unknown), so I walked both distances. For me, the fact that I am able to move today after walking 19.3 miles in two days is a feat in itself lol. It really shows me how much I've improved over the time spent in training compared to where I was this time last year. So even if it wasn't entirely in the way I wanted, it still feels great to accomplish a huge goal like completing a Challenge. :)

Congrats to everyone who went out this weekend in one way or another. You Did It! :thumbsup2

I also ran the half today around my neighborhood! My very first half marathon ever. Finished just under the 2:45 goal I set for myself, and wore my Darth Vader t-shirt, so I’m feeling proud :)

Side note: good GOD my legs hurt! Our original plan was to chill at Epcot post-race, take a nap and then use our Fast Passes at HS and I honestly can’t imagine moving an inch from this couch, let alone walking all over the parks, so blessing in disguise I guess!

Congrats, it was my first half too!

My plan was to go to Disney springs,I had a brunch reservation at homecoming. Then I had fast passes at Hollywood studios. I'm really looking forward to getting back to the parks!

Erm. Huh. So I got the virtual medal today. Somehow I didn't even remember that I'd signed up for it but I went back and looked and I sure did. That was a nice surprise on the day that Facebook reminded me was exactly 2 years after my first ever half!

Is anyone else still waiting on their Rival Run Challenge Refund. I got the email from RunDisney two weeks ago, but no funds yet?

Hello --

Our newspaper solicited readers to write spoof TripAdvisor reviews of their experience quarantining at home. I wrote about my running "vacation" over the Star Wars Rival Run Weekend. It's about three quarters of the way through the other (excellent) submissions. Since the rest of you had your hopes likewise dashed, I share it with you. We have to laugh, right?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trav...xperience-reviewed-like-hotel/?itid=sf_travel
Liz

Did anyone here have a charity bib for Star Wars? If so what happened? All the guidance suggests to contact the charity, but nothing after that. I'm wondering because I have a charity bib for W&D, and I'm curious about the possibilities. I certainly hope the race happens if it is safe, but you never know.

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts