"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Disney on my mind so heavily after the announcement that I even dreamt about it last night! :rotfl:We purchased our MNSSHP tickets the day they went on sale. My worry now is if things are better by late October, and the party is on, I wonder if they are no longer going to allow the early 4pm entry to try to keep the park capacity low. I had a 4:45 Crystal Palace character dining res that obviously will be canceled now. (Which I would have canceled myself anyway if the character interaction wouldn’t have been the same) Now I’m thinking I might not even be able to rebook at the 60 day point IF the character dining experience will be the same because they may not let us in early like they used to. We only have party tix for the day!:sad2:

To be honest, I don't think I will cancel my MNSSHP (unless Disney cancels) even if there are no fireworks, character interactions, or stage shows. Here's my reasoning, I have visited MNSSHP for the past three years so I've seen boo to you, hocus pocus spelltacular, and the new firework show while these are my absolute favorite I wouldn't technically miss out. I paid about 84 for the ticket, I've also paid about 120-130 for an afterhours event last February. For the afterhours event, there are no stage shows (aside from villians AH), no fireworks, and no real pull for special meet and greets but I've paid more for this event. I do want to factor in with AH you get complimentary snacks but for us the big draw was lower crowds. I guess I'm just trying to remain optimistic at this point, since this will be our second time rescheduling for 2020. At this point I would be happy to pay for a ride on the monorail 😆. I keep telling myself that my problems are small compared to others and I'm blessed to enjoy the parks as much as I do. If it was my first MNSSHP I would hold out and wait for the full experience.

It will be interesting in light of Disneys recent announcement whether MNSSHP or MVMCP actually happen. Or if they happen, the offerings will be scaled way back.
For me, either of those parties without the parade, fireworks, stage show and M&G wouldn't be worth the money. YMMV.

It will be interesting in light of Disneys recent announcement whether MNSSHP or MVMCP actually happen. Or if they happen, the offerings will be scaled way back.
For me, either of those parties without the parade, fireworks, stage show and M&G wouldn't be worth the money. YMMV.
In the WDWNT article about Disney cancelling FP, dining etc, someone at the end of the article asked if that means Disney is cancelling the MNSSHP and the MVMCP parties and Tom answered ‘Yeah’ so I am guessing all these parties will be cancelled.

We all need to wait until we hear OFFICIALLY from Disney. I am still going to hold on to my September vacation until I hear the bad news. We all have our "sticking points" of what will make us go or not but I am holding on to hope a little longer. For those of us that have gone to a Halloween party, it can get extremely crowded. To be able to experience a party with limited crowds might be a nice change of pace. I know that they are saying no parades, fireworks, meet n greets but we are still early in the game and there are many more phases of reopening that needs to take place. Hang in there.

We all need to wait until we hear OFFICIALLY from Disney. I am still going to hold on to my September vacation until I hear the bad news. We all have our "sticking points" of what will make us go or not but I am holding on to hope a little longer. For those of us that have gone to a Halloween party, it can get extremely crowded. To be able to experience a party with limited crowds might be a nice change of pace. I know that they are saying no parades, fireworks, meet n greets but we are still early in the game and there are many more phases of reopening that needs to take place. Hang in there.

Exactly my stance. It's too early to be making decisions for the most part....I understand those who need to cancel due to travel restrictions/quarantine, etc; as well as those who really need the DDP in order to make it feasible....for us, those aren't applicable/sticking points.....but as mentioned above, everyone has their "breaking point"....

Here's hoping for the best for everyone!! May we each find our "happy" no matter which way this plays out.

I went ahead and purchased out tickets for October 8th from UT. We purchased our Christmas Party tickets from them last year. I'm so glad our room was already booked and I have an AP.

Do we need to wait to link the party tickets if we buy them from UT in case we need a refund? Can they be refunded once linked? I've never purchased party tickets other than from the Disney site.

Not sure if we want to go now with no parade and fireworks. Also thinking on canceling whole trip. Will Disney offer refund.

I was thinking fireworks are still possible if the crowds are very limited , Shanghai also resumed their parades pretty quickly. There is hope. I guess it depends on how many tickets they have actually sold.

Thank god I bought my ticket last week before all the changes took place. We still need to wait and see if there will be any changes.

I was thinking fireworks are still possible if the crowds are very limited , Shanghai also resumed their parades pretty quickly. There is hope. I guess it depends on how many tickets they have actually sold.

I agree that there’s hope. And in any case, if we do end up going to WDW then we’re going to the party since I bought the tickets already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter