OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread

Krystal659

Earning My Ears
following...I have a room booked for the week after Easter, but would happily exchange it for a free dining trip :)

catfan98

DIS Veteran
Decided today that we’re coming back this summer! Planning for the very end of May into the first week of June. Here’s to hoping with the rest of you, come on free dining, lol.

DavidHobart

following...I have a room booked for the week after Easter, but would happily exchange it for a free dining trip :)
Umm...shifting now to the September might save you as much as free dining does, giving the room rate differences

• evlaina

DIS Veteran
    Following! Hoping for free dining late November/early December 2020, and that they drop it January 2nd again! Booked an adult-only trip for December 1-6, 2020. 2019 was a weird year for FD to say the least, so I'm hoping they go back to how 2018 was and our check-in date (the Tuesday after Thanksgiving) will be offered. I'm willing to change our arrival date a day or 2 to get it. If they don't offer FD when we want to go, we budgeted without it so we're fine. Then we'll hope for a room discount!

We could have booked the Bounceback offer when we were at WDW last month, but I didn't want to go later in December.

DisneyDude71

Mouseketeer
    Booked for early Nov. at ***, usually a free dining window, if the offer comes out I'll just have to see if it will be a savings after ticket, and hotel price increases. Normally a free quick service plan, but we always upgrade to the regular dining plan.

NeeseyL

Earning My Ears
    Thanks for starting the tread! I'm latching on and hoping for something Nov or early Dec. Fingers crossed!!

• havoc315

DIS Veteran
    When do you think they’ll be dropped? Any chance of a January 2nd drop again?
    Based on history and dates of current discounts, it's almost certain that new discounts will be announced around January 2nd. Whether that's room discounts, some limited free dining (like "summer dining" 1 QS per day) or full free dining, will have to wait and see.

• havoc315

DIS Veteran
    Has there ever been a free dining offer for early-mid May? Maybe a Play, Stay and Dine offer??
    "Summer meal deal" has hit May before, 1 QS per day, for value and moderate guests.

But free dining was moved up significantly last year:

2016: began 8/23
    2017: began 8/13
    2018: began 8/20
    2019: began 7/5

Fingers crossed they move it even earlier...

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS