"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
this concerns me because i bought tickets to the tomorrowland dessert party and mvmcp on nov 21st, 2019. i hope that they have not canceled the dessert party.

We have the plaza party booked for Nov. 15. The fact that now nothing is available for either dessert party for all dates is a little disconcerting. I really hope they aren't cancelled :(

I think you are very lucky to have your date booked. I wish we had been able to book ours. You will have the lower price. Once they open it up again, I’m sure the price will be higher. In regards to worrying about a cancellation, I don’t think you need to worry at all.

Heard a podcast this morning about the party last year. They said at 6 there were people already lining up on Main St. for the 8:00 parade and that many of them did not have party wrist bands. I guess there were several complaints at MNSSHP and MVMCP about CMs not checking wrist bands of people on Main St. so there were a lot of non-ticketed guests adding to parade and fireworks crowds. Has anyone had a similar experience? I thought they were pretty strict about wristbands after 6.

Heard a podcast this morning about the party last year. They said at 6 there were people already lining up on Main St. for the 8:00 parade and that many of them did not have party wrist bands. I guess there were several complaints at MNSSHP and MVMCP about CMs not checking wrist bands of people on Main St. so there were a lot of non-ticketed guests adding to parade and fireworks crowds. Has anyone had a similar experience? I thought they were pretty strict about wristbands after 6.
We recently went to MNSSHP and I did notice quite a few families without wristbands back in fantasyland. I didn’t pay attention during the fireworks and it was dark. I probably noticed people without wristbands until around 8 pm maybe

I guess this isn't really an answer to your question, but my daughter also does not like the loud noises of the fireworks so we got her some noise reduction earmuffs for like $10 on Amazon and they worked great. Just a thought to try something so you don't have to move so far away you can't really see the entire show.

Great suggestion, I actually used those quite a bit when he was a baby, I can’t believe I forgot about them.

We recently went to MNSSHP and I did notice quite a few families without wristbands back in fantasyland. I didn’t pay attention during the fireworks and it was dark. I probably noticed people without wristbands until around 8 pm maybe

Wow, to pay the large amount of money needed for a party and have a lot of NON paying families included is truely BAD!!! Come on Disney! Spend the money on CMs to check for wrist bands and make the people leave. At the last party we attended a few years back, you couldn't even enter the bathroom in the park without a wristband after 6pm. They went up and down main street asking for people to show their wristbands and had a method for getting the park cleared.

Wow, to pay the large amount of money needed for a party and have a lot of NON paying families included is truely BAD!!! Come on Disney! Spend the money on CMs to check for wrist bands and make the people leave. At the last party we attended a few years back, you couldn't even enter the bathroom in the park without a wristband after 6pm. They went up and down main street asking for people to show their wristbands and had a method for getting the park cleared.

I went to a DAH and when I left around 11:00 there were people without wrist bands In line for photos...I did mention to a security guard standing nearby and he did nothing. While I did notice CMs at rides checking for wristbands at both DAH and MNSSHP I did not see them checking for wristbands at ice cream carts (DAH.

Hi all, so i went ahead and booked Sunday Dec 8th MVMCP :)

Had already booked fastpasses for our 4 days park tickets, being used Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Monday of course is recovery from the party hangover.

I went to book fastpasses for the 4 pm to 6 pm period of MVMCP day, and was able to, as some have reported being able to do this.

Now, the Thursday is AK day, and have a morning FOP FP. I sure don't want to lose it by the system charging the Sunday as a park ticket day when I swipe for the FP!
We are going the 8th too!!! Enjoy!!! :)

AGREE!!! That is super frustrating! We pay the amount ($800 in my case for my family) and they allow people to walk around who haven't??? GRRRR

I am so excited for this year’s party with new announcements of more more more holiday.
Wish they would sell that new Party Pass similar to the Halloween party pass.

I've paid for and attended many "wrist band" events at DL and WDW. It is literally impossible to clear the parks with whatever silly "system" they think is working now.
I've witnessed parties with no wristbands get on rides, no one was checking. I've also seen a woman get denied buying popcorn because she didn't have a wristband.

It really depends on how diligent they are about checking and you're never going to get 100%.
I choose not to worry about it. I'm not the Disney patrol. There are some really gutsy people out there who will always try to cheat a system. Just facts.

When you walk in the front entrance is there a way to not walk down Main Street? Last time we were there Main Street was so congested it was hard to walk.

When you walk in the front entrance is there a way to not walk down Main Street? Last time we were there Main Street was so congested it was hard to walk.

There is a Main Street bypass that goes behind the buildings, but from what I understand, they only open it when it is really crowded. When I have been in the parks, it has never been open. The gate for the bypass is over by Tony’s.

I've paid for and attended many "wrist band" events at DL and WDW. It is literally impossible to clear the parks with whatever silly "system" they think is working now.
I've witnessed parties with no wristbands get on rides, no one was checking. I've also seen a woman get denied buying popcorn because she didn't have a wristband.

It really depends on how diligent they are about checking and you're never going to get 100%.
I choose not to worry about it. I'm not the Disney patrol. There are some really gutsy people out there who will always try to cheat a system. Just facts.
Yeah. We won’t be patrolling, either. Apparently they mostly check at treats, rides, and photos. Not so much on Main St. So people stay for parade and fireworks without having to show a wristband anywhere. They stay away from the places that are checking. But it is a bit frustrating to not be able to watch the parade easily because non-party goers have the best spots stakes out TIW hours early. Oh well. We’ll just eat more ice cream and enjoy ourselves anyway.

Looking for suggestions: we have tix for the first MVMCP: thinking DD and I should head straight to Moana line, then try to watch the 8:15 Frozen castle lighting. Or should we watch the parade near Frontier Land and then head over to Moana? What rides are in that area for the DH and DS after parade passes? We have ADR at The Wave at 5:00, so not getting in Moana line at 4:00. Also, best way to get cookies? Do guests dress up Christmas-y? Also hoping to dance with the polar bears. Thanks.

I don’t know why my reply went in the quote above....
I think it is easy to spot. I have only seen it closed, but it is a huge double gate. If it is closed, it is a dead end. I hope it is open in party nights. This will be our first party, so maybe someone else on this thread can weigh in on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter