• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We watched the second parade in Frontierland last year, cut through Adventureland by Jungle Cruise as soon as the parade passed us (with a quick bathroom stop!) and made it to the hub as the parade was rounding the circle. As soon as it passed we went straight to the front toward the castle for the last HP show of the night and we had a spectacular view. BUT...it is crowded so if anyone in your party is sensitive to that, you might want to watch from back farther.

Thanks for that! Was that a good place to view the fireworks from too? I've seen some people say if you're too close to the castle it's not as good for the fireworks. What was your experience?

I found pics to show the castle slope:
The one on the left is the early HP show from further back, the right is before the midnight HP show close to the front.
Sorry about the quality! I was trying to rotate the pics and they got a little choppy on the edges!

Thanks for that! Was that a good place to view the fireworks from too? I've seen some people say if you're too close to the castle it's not as good for the fireworks. What was your experience?
We didn't watch the fireworks from the front last year. But, with the new projections you need to be close in the hub, but not too close.
I'll see if I can post a pic of where we stood last year. It was where we were going to try for this year's show before we decided to do the dessert party.

I'm liking your plan. I would switch out BTMR for something else. We went on Halloween night for years without waiting for this ride and your date has a high risk for selling out. I think two adults you'll be just fine ducking in and out, no worries there!

Hope everyone remembers to pick up their Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card. Make sure to stop at the Main Street Fire Station as well as put it on your itinerary. If it's not written down you'll most likely forget, kinda out of sight - out of mind. Must have party wristbands on.

So BTMR is a walk on during party nights? We have a FP for this but thought about getting a Haunted Mansion one instead. Would that be a smart move? We will also ride it again later in the night with the characters out front.

We are getting close to out FP booking data and wondering about which MK attractions to nab? We won't have another MK day this trip, it's just DD and I and we went last August. We're also planning to get to the park to enter by 4 pm with our party ticket:

3:30 slot - Jungle Cruise (this is a MUST for me)
4:30 slot - SDMT or move that to the 5:30 slot?
5:30 slot - either BTMR, Splash or PP???

I will probably try to adjust FP times after we ride if anything else is available, but not sure which to prioritize - BTMR, Splash or PP? Does it make more sense to do Frontierland rides at the 4:30 slot (avoid zig-zagging) and move SDMT to the 5:30 slot knowing it will likely be harder to move up?

Ok: Here is about where we stood last year. I made sure to ask a CM that was in the area if it was ok to stand there because they will make you move if it's not an accepted area. The redline is our path from Adventureland.

And this was our view. I stood behind a trash can because I am so short and I knew no one could stand directly in front of me, lol!
Again, sorry about the pic, I grabbed it from a video.

Ok: Here is about where we stood last year. I made sure to ask a CM that was in the area if it was ok to stand there because they will make you move if it's not an accepted area. The redline is our path from Adventureland.
View attachment 425073

And this was our view. I stood behind a trash can because I am so short and I knew no one could stand directly in front of me, lol!
Again, sorry about the pic, I grabbed it from a video.
View attachment 425074

Thanks! This is really helpful. I too am quite short, so I appreciate the trash can tip hahaha, very smart!

Well, I'm pretty petite at 5'1" so it is way more difficult for me to see at times. We did the dessert party for a few reasons;
1. for a better view of the castle projections
2. we've done the HEA dessert party a few times before and enjoy it
3. we figure it would be a nice break to sit and relax with something to nibble on
4. we're celebrating our anniversary on this trip (30 years!) and would like to do something special
I *think* you'll be fine to see over people's head, my concern would be HOW many people will be will be crammed into the hub area. If you're back a little, you should be fine. Just don't wait too long to get a spot for the fireworks because if you try to squeeze into a spot too close or in a designated path, the CM's are pretty aggressive in making people move to keep those paths open.

Thanks for your help! :)

After watching the fireworks video from last year, I've decided I'll be upset if:
1. they don't have the perimeter fireworks
2. they don't play the piece with "everybody scream!" and the Nightmare Before Christmas music
View attachment 425077\

I'm getting excited for the party!!

Can’t tell you how many times these same thoughts have gone through my head. My kids repeat that “everybody scream” part all darn Halloween season.

So BTMR is a walk on during party nights? We have a FP for this but thought about getting a Haunted Mansion one instead. Would that be a smart move? We will also ride it again later in the night with the characters out front.

Yes, I would recommend a fp for HM intead of BTMR. We walk on BTMR later in the evening.

We are getting close to out FP booking data and wondering about which MK attractions to nab? We won't have another MK day this trip, it's just DD and I and we went last August. We're also planning to get to the park to enter by 4 pm with our party ticket:

3:30 slot - Jungle Cruise (this is a MUST for me)
4:30 slot - SDMT or move that to the 5:30 slot?
5:30 slot - either BTMR, Splash or PP???

I will probably try to adjust FP times after we ride if anything else is available, but not sure which to prioritize - BTMR, Splash or PP? Does it make more sense to do Frontierland rides at the 4:30 slot (avoid zig-zagging) and move SDMT to the 5:30 slot knowing it will likely be harder to move up?

If you can get PP instead of Splash / BTMR do it.

Yes, I would recommend a fp for HM intead of BTMR. We walk on BTMR later in the evening.

Well i would recommend doing HM during the party for several obvious reasons, but it is usually only a 20 min wait at worst on party nights

Well i would recommend doing HM during the party for several obvious reasons, but it is usually only a 20 min wait at worst on party nights
Hmmm, not sure I agree with this at all, reports we received last year stated the opposite. I'm not sure if your giving advise based on just your party last year (?) but in general HM gets pretty crazy. On a good night, awesome weather with low crowds 20 minutes sounds about right but those are too few.

Haunting Disney Parks Halloween Merchandise Has Made Its Debut

We all new about these plush from an earlier post
Vampire Mickey Plush, Witch Minnie Plush, Mummy Pluto Plush, Frankenstein Chip and Dale Plush – $21.99

Mickey Pumpkin Backpack – $80

Candy Corn Halloween Spirit Jersey $64.99

Candy Corn Bow Minnie Backpack- $90
Minnie Witch Glow in the Dark Wall Decor – $29.99

Candy Corn Minnie Ears $27.99

Green Captain Hook Tee – $24.99 / Evil Queen Apron – $34.99
Purple Evil Queen Tee – $29.99 / Pink Cruella Tank – $34.99

Countdown to Halloween Calendar – $39.99

Giant Pumpkin Mickey Decoration – $29.99

Maleficent Hat – $27.99 / Light Up Snow Globe – $49.99

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter