"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to the first party and I thought I read somewhere that the grassy area by Casey’s, where people recommend watching the fireworks, was roped off for the media. Can anyone confirm this? Major bummer if so!

I think that is correct.

Bummer if that’s the case. We’ll probably be at the first party this year and that’s where we generally like to watch the fireworks from.

We were at the first party in 2017. I don’t remember media being in that area that year. Maybe I missed them.

Hoping to do this party on 10/29 even though it's more $$$. DH is not really into Halloween and is not interested in doing it the second time around, so it looks like I'll be doing it solo. Maybe I'll pick him up some candy anyway. :scratchin I'm thinking of bounding as :dumbo: or :ccat:. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Crap, forgot to check all the days for the party , as it will efect park times. Now i have to rethink my tickets and days.

Just bought our tickets today for this date. Making it a girl's getaway - me and my DD (11) and my friend and her two DDs (9 and 11). Trying to get the girls to dress up like the muses from Hercules, but we'll see. We aren't telling them till June about the trip because they are going to freak!

DS12 knows that we are talking about doing the party, but DS16 is an exchange student and is 6,900 miles away right now and doesn't know that we'll be adding this on to our cruise trip. Once I get the hard tickets in the mail I plan to snap a photo and put it on Instagram. I know he'll be very excited to see that he will be going to Disney!

I love the muses idea! I hope they go for it!

We are going to the first party and I thought I read somewhere that the grassy area by Casey’s, where people recommend watching the fireworks, was roped off for the media. Can anyone confirm this? Major bummer if so!
IIRC, that was only on certain nights, not every party.

First time party goers here. If we are planning on going to the fireworks (10:15pm start) what time should we find an area to watch? It doesn't have to be front and centre- preferably somewhere to sit off to the side (grassy area). Can we then move to find a parade spot near splash mt / frontierland for the 11;15pm parade? Would you suggest we go directly from watching fireworks to find a place to watch parade? We have NEVER stayed to watch fireworks or parades in all of our trips to Disney as we've always been more interested in the rides, but want to see the MNSSHP fireworks and parades. TIA

First time party goers here. If we are planning on going to the fireworks (10:15pm start) what time should we find an area to watch? It doesn't have to be front and centre- preferably somewhere to sit off to the side (grassy area). Can we then move to find a parade spot near splash mt / frontierland for the 11;15pm parade? Would you suggest we go directly from watching fireworks to find a place to watch parade? We have NEVER stayed to watch fireworks or parades in all of our trips to Disney as we've always been more interested in the rides, but want to see the MNSSHP fireworks and parades. TIA
When you need to secure your spots really depends on how crowded your party is. If you’ve never seen the parade, I’d recommend heading right from Hallowishes to Frontierland via Adventureland and grabbing a spot across from Peco Bills. You should have a front row seat and will be right at the start of the parade route so will still have time to squeeze in a ride or two in the area after it passes. As for the fireworks, if you want to view from Main Street plan to grab your spot at least an hour in advance. Maybe earlier if it’s a sold out night. The good news is that this show has minimal projections so you don’t need to be front and center like you do for HEA. Enjoy!!!

We were at the first party this past August and the media was set up in the hub area. It was a very busy and hot party!
Did it feel like it was busy with guest enjoying the party or influencers (bloggers)? My kids enjoy the ride, candy and parade. We don’t really care about waiting in a 90 minute character line.

We're going that day! It will be our first MNSSHP, I'm so excited! And majorly undecided on costumes...
Our first party, too (and only our second trip to WDW!)! I don't know if my husband and I will dress up...my 2 girls definitely will but I need to think of lightweight costumes. I'm expecting it to still be pretty hot come 10/1.

This should help those interested:

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is Expanding at Walt Disney World Resort at Grand Floridian Resort
Link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...cowBvk4khN92rjlSidLpd-8dL_sJEnSEMQRlNNrLjenEw

Wow. Well that's good to know. I wonder why they didn't mention it when I made my late August Ivy Trellis reservation? Thanks for the heads up, you saved me some drama! BTW, for anyone planning it the Character Couture Package worked great for last Halloween! :)

Our first party, too (and only our second trip to WDW!)! I don't know if my husband and I will dress up...my 2 girls definitely will but I need to think of lightweight costumes. I'm expecting it to still be pretty hot come 10/1.

Definitely will be hot, I'm sure! Lightweight and breezy is the way to go. My husband is leaning towards just a shirt that looks like a superhero suit but he said as long as he can wear a tee shirt and shorts then he doesn't really care. My daughter says (for now) that she wants to be Ursula. Maybe Prince Eric and Ariel for us? :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter