"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything about whether or not they will have the Tony's party for MNSSHP? My husband and I loved it at the Christmas party even though our 7 year old didn't eat anything and or 6 year old slept the whole time lol.

I have a subscription to touring plans and was looking at their crowd calendar for the end of October. On 2 non-party dates, 10-28 and 10-30, touring plans has a schedule that shows the Boo-to-you Parade and HalloWishes. I looked at many other non-party dates and those 2 events were not scheduled, so maybe they just overlooked those 2 dates when updating the schedule for the party dates. In other words, is this just an error on the part of TP? I copied the schedules for 28th which is a non-party date and for the 29th which is a party date to show the difference.

Monday, October 28, 2019
High: 82°F • Low: 61°F (Powered by Dark Sky)

Across All Walt Disney World Theme Parks
  • Crowd Level: 4 out of 10
  • 1-Day Ticket: $114.00 per Adult; $109.00 per Child
Magic Kingdom

Tuesday, October 29, 2019
High: 82°F • Low: 61°F (Powered by Dark Sky)

Across All Walt Disney World Theme Parks
  • Crowd Level: 1 out of 10
  • 1-Day Ticket: $114.00 per Adult; $109.00 per Child
Magic Kingdom
Error. Hallowishes and Boo to You are exclusive to MNSSHP.

FASTPASS Warning

Are FastPass+ Selections Being Wiped Out Upon Cancellation of Disney Resort Reservations? - by Jackie Gailey

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...n-cancellation-of-disney-resort-reservations/

Last year many people experienced this when "modifying" their reservations, calling Disney directly or asking their TA's to make changes. The only thing I see here that wasn't seen last year is a direct warning from Disney that your fastpasses will be cancelled, this is new verbiage.

FASTPASS Warning

Are FastPass+ Selections Being Wiped Out Upon Cancellation of Disney Resort Reservations? - by Jackie Gailey

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...n-cancellation-of-disney-resort-reservations/

Last year many people experienced this when "modifying" their reservations, calling Disney directly or asking their TA's to make changes. The only thing I see here that wasn't seen last year is a direct warning from Disney that your fastpasses will be cancelled, this is new verbiage.

I have heard that as long as you link the new reservation if you modify within 24 hours you'll be ok. Someone I know did it successfully today. Hopefully that helps and gives hope because I know when I first read this I was freaking out! ;)

Do you experienced party-goers think there’s much of a difference between a Sunday and Tuesday party? We can go either Sunday, 9/29 or Tuesday, 10/1. I’m leaning towards Tuesday. Thoughts?

I have heard that as long as you link the new reservation if you modify within 24 hours you'll be ok. Someone I know did it successfully today. Hopefully that helps and gives hope because I know when I first read this I was freaking out! ;)

I found the article to be very interesting. Does this mean we will no longer hear about the dreaded email, Idk but I am hopeful it will resolve that issue.

Do you experienced party-goers think there’s much of a difference between a Sunday and Tuesday party? We can go either Sunday, 9/29 or Tuesday, 10/1. I’m leaning towards Tuesday. Thoughts?
I did both a Sunday and Tues party and both were fine. Pick the one that falls best in your plans

I have been to parties on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays...this past September I actually went to 3 in a row. I have never noticed any difference in crowds.

Mobile Order Food & Beverages through Disney's app could be very helpful during MNSSHP. Last year it included some of the Halloween Specialty treats.

"Not sure if this helps but if you’re staying at a Disney Resort, I’ve added gift cards to my room and use the MDE app with my MagicBand and ordered meals that way. Not a direct link and won’t work for non-resort guests but it may help some.

We have used mobile ordering a number of times since it bagan working with the DDP a year ago this week. I cannot count the amount of time and frustration from waiting in long lines that it has saved us!!"
Catherine on February 1, 2019 at 6:41 pm

Link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...sneyland-resort-and-walt-disney-world-resort/

I never knew you could add Disney Gift Cards. :-)

I'd like to get some opinons on which party we should choose, our options are Labor Day Monday or the following Friday. The last party we attended was so crowded and so miserable, I want this time to be a better experience. Labor Day seems like it would be more crowded, but then Friday could also be crowded. Opinions?

I'd like to get some opinons on which party we should choose, our options are Labor Day Monday or the following Friday. The last party we attended was so crowded and so miserable, I want this time to be a better experience. Labor Day seems like it would be more crowded, but then Friday could also be crowded. Opinions?
If those are your only choices, then go with Monday. Fridays are always busier.

We’re deciding between these two as well, and actually are leaning towards Friday. Based on past years reports, both are relatively less crowded than later dates in sept/oct. My friend went on Labor Day last year and said it was great.

We are choosing between these as well and I’m leaning towards Labor Day. Decisions, decisions.

I just bought our tickets. It's shows I bought 3 but it's only showing on my magic band is that normal? And I just have one barcode for all 3 on the email? Is that normal last year I thought it put each persons on their magic band but I could be mistaken.

I know some ladies who have worn prom dresses, wedding dresses etc as princess costumes I want to do this, I know it can't touch the ground but other than that the guidelines are vague has anyone worn a gown before?

We saw lots of long dresses last year. After we got home I spoke to Customer Service and got an interesting answer on it. He said that they don't worry too much about it unless there is a specific issue. I don't agree with that at all. If you have a rule, you need to enforce it, otherwise why bother. But that's the way it is.

If those are your only choices, then go with Monday. Fridays are always busier.

We’re deciding between these two as well, and actually are leaning towards Friday. Based on past years reports, both are relatively less crowded than later dates in sept/oct. My friend went on Labor Day last year and said it was great.

We are choosing between these as well and I’m leaning towards Labor Day. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the replies, I think we are going to go with Labor Day thinking that any locals would probably not go that day with work/school on Tuesday. Also I pulled up the link to buy tickets on the Disney site and Labor Day is the cheaper of the 2 days, only by $6, but if Disney were expecting Labor Day to be a busy party you can bet they would price it higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter