• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked our October trip. I am thinking 10-15 will be our party date as we have a late flight the next day. We can sleep in and hang by the pool. My teen granddaughters want our family of 6 to go as Disney villans. So far we have: Cruella DeVille, Ursla, Malificent, Red Queen, Evil queen and Jafar. They will be cool and comfortable diy versions with the Florida heat!

Planning my 30th birthday trip for October, and am thinking about MNNSHP for the first time! We are also considering buying APs for the first time, as I just did the math and since we are planning 2, possibly 3 trips to WDW this year through 2020 it seems to work out mathematically to be cheaper PLUS get the discounts, PhotoPass and other benefits of being an AP.

My question is that if we do MNNSHP I'd like to take advantage of the discount APs get. I wouldn't activate my AP until 10/18 when our trip begins, so say I buy my APs now, but wait to activate, can I still get the discount on the MNNSHP tickets?

Specifically, I am looking for the 10/21 date. Anyone with an AP currently mind letting me know what the discount is for that date? I can't seem to find that posted anywhere. Thank you!!!

What is the earliest you can make an ADR for if you only plan on using the party ticket for entrance? We weren't planning on using a general admission ticket on our party day, instead we chose to add a day onto our trip. Unfortunately, I booked our party of 5 for BOG lunch on the party date. Rookie mistake!! I had to get 5 single dining reservations 5 minutes apart the next day :( (even the WDW Dining representatives said there has got to be a better way! LOL). I'm hoping if we order ahead and time it just right, there won't be an issue.

Planning my 30th birthday trip for October, and am thinking about MNNSHP for the first time! We are also considering buying APs for the first time, as I just did the math and since we are planning 2, possibly 3 trips to WDW this year through 2020 it seems to work out mathematically to be cheaper PLUS get the discounts, PhotoPass and other benefits of being an AP.

My question is that if we do MNNSHP I'd like to take advantage of the discount APs get. I wouldn't activate my AP until 10/18 when our trip begins, so say I buy my APs now, but wait to activate, can I still get the discount on the MNNSHP tickets?

Specifically, I am looking for the 10/21 date. Anyone with an AP currently mind letting me know what the discount is for that date? I can't seem to find that posted anywhere. Thank you!!!

For 10/21, tickets are $105/$100 regular price and $100/$95 with the AP discount. Adult/kids 3-9 and all pre tax numbers.

Hope that helps. :-)

Question for you all about the character lines: how much do people leave an adult or two in a character line and let the kids, say, trick or treat in the area until the adult is closer to the front?

My kids would love to meet Moana and Seven Dwarfs specifically, and we'll have enough adults to split up and have one wait if that's feasible. I know when we visited in March, that seemed pretty common at certain greets: I think every single person waiting for Ralph and Vanelope just left one adult in line and let the kids play in the Imagination activity area.

If that's not how things are done for these greets, then we can prepare the kids for the long haul. Personally, I think everyone's line-waiting experience is better when there aren't bored, whiny kids, but I'll certainly go with the accepted practice.

can I still get the discount on the MNNSHP tickets? - Was this answered?

When you activate your AP, you will need to show proof of ownership and I believe you can get a refund on the difference for your party tickets? I think this is how it works. Please feel free to chime in.

Friday August 30th - thinking about this one, really want to end our vacation doing this party, and it’s our first time. All guidance is saying avoid weekends, but with Star Wars opening the night before and most likely food and wine just getting started so you think we luck out and not have it crowded ? By not crowded I’m referring to short lines for rides. Thank you

can I still get the discount on the MNNSHP tickets? - Was this answered?

When you activate your AP, you will need to show proof of ownership and I believe you can get a refund on the difference for your party tickets? I think this is how it works. Please feel free to chime in.

Thanks! It looks like it's only a $5 savings per ticket for us, but worth trying for sure after we activate our APs

Since it looks like we are getting shut out of DAH during our June trip, tell me about MNSSHP!!! Our last one was in 2012(?) so I know the basics.

We’re coming down for SW:GE opening. It will be DS16 and I so no characters.

How are the August parties? I’m looking at Friday 8/30 (after an afternoon at F&W). I know it will still be crazy hot but are the early parties super busy? I’m *hoping* locals will care more about SW:GE that weekend (we're saving that for Labor Day & the day after so the 9/2 party doesn’t work for us).

Any and all opinions welcome!!

How are the August parties? I’m looking at Friday 8/30 (after an afternoon at F&W). I know it will still be crazy hot but are the early parties super busy? I’m *hoping* locals will care more about SW:GE that weekend (we're saving that for Labor Day & the day after so the 9/2 party doesn’t work for us).

With the opening of SW:GE the past parties aren't going to be much help for gauging crowds. No telling what's going to happen. It's definitely a "wait and see" situation.

Ok, so assuming it will be busy during Labor Day Weekend , what are ride lines like on a sold out party these days? I’ve done sold out 10/31 & 11/1 parties but not in close to 10 years. Sounds like they sell more tickets now?

Our priority is rides not characters. We would watch the second parade (if at all) and are content to watch fireworks from a last minute (and not perfectly situated) spot.

Hello - I am looking to attend the MNSSHP on Halloween (not my first choice but that is when we will be there). When the event gets 'sold out' - are there nights when the 'sold out' amount of tickets is actually more (or less) than another date? Will there actually be MORE tickets sold to the traditionally 'sold out' event on Halloween?

TIA,
Mary
I don’t think anyone knows for sure, as Disney doesn’t release those numbers, but it’s ajways been the assumption that the same number of tickets are available for each party. We attended on Halloween last year and it didn’t feel any more crowded than other sold out parties we’ve attended in the past.

I was lucky enough to meet Maleficent in Disneyland this past September at MHP there. My step daughter is obsessed with her (I think because of the Descendants tbh, she idolizes Mal) and Aurora is her favorite princess and she was dressed like Aurora. Maleficent was on rotation with another character so we "wasted" a bit of time hanging around her area, got in line twice to wait for her only to be told she was switching out or leaving for the parade. So we stalked her line area until the last parade and jumped in, hoping for it to be her and it was! So lucky. This was my step daughters like only MUST do so I was very stoked for her. Anyway I digress...my point was she was AMAZING. Stayed true to her role. When "Aurora" walked up to her, she responded with "I see you are awake now" and I had a storybook getting signed so she sneered at it and I said "every Princess deserves a happy ending" and she said "We will see about that". It was so good, one of the best interactions ever! I hope she comes to WDW one day!
We’ve met Maleficient at WDW twice - once at the Villains Sinister Soirée (a MNSSHP add on event that was only held in 2014) and once at Club Villain. She was an amazing meet (though I’m also biased, as she’s my favorite!!!). I so wish they would bring something Villain focused back to WDW - the demand is definitely there!!!

We’ve met Maleficient at WDW twice - once at the Villains Sinister Soirée (a MNSSHP add on event that was only held in 2014) and once at Club Villain. She was an amazing meet (though I’m also biased, as she’s my favorite!!!). I so wish they would bring something Villain focused back to WDW - the demand is definitely there!!!
Ha ha ha... ask and you shall receive!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter