"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be attending 09/20. 1st year Annual Passholders here and want to enter the park around noon the day of the party. My question is, how early can we arrive in full costume? Will we just need to do a quick change in the bathroom once it gets closer to 4pm? Me and My husband are dressing up as Jasmine & Aladdin so it's not a simple t-shirt change. Thanks in advance :)
That's a really great question. If DVC members are allowed in at 2pm for the party then I would say that is the earliest. Please feel free to chime in and remember this topic is regarding full costume.

Do we have a list of where characters might meet if it rains? I need to work on a backup plan.

Also... any recommendations for belle and Gaston meets? Are lines shorter during parades or fireworks?

Can I get some opinions on our plans?

We have lunch reservations at 1:30, we plan on eating a bigger lunch at Skipper Canteen (usually we skip and just do a big dinner)

Shop around a little then get in line for Jack and Sally around 3:45 if we can. Hopefully we're out of there before 5. Then head over to see Stitch. From there we'll try to catch Cruella and the Queen of Hearts. Then move over to Tarzan and Jane and Jafar. Catch a ride on pirates and then catch Hocus Pocus, fireworks, and second parade. And catch Mickey after the parade.

Does that sound like too much? Our top characters are Tarzan and Jane but with everyone saying they were about a 30 min wait I'm not too worried about moving them up on the list.

Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket - Are you going in September?

Yes, technically. Monday, September 2nd. I say technically because I wonder if the popcorn bucket will be out then. I hope they are out for the first September party. I would love to put him beside my Mickey Ghost one. Even that one I was unable to find on our first MNSSHP. We went Sept 18, 2010 and I could not find Ghost Mickey. Luckily a friend went later on and brought him home for me.

That's a really great question. If DVC members are allowed in at 2pm for the party then I would say that is the earliest. Please feel free to chime in and remember this topic is regarding full costume.
In my area trick or treating doesn't start until dusk, so I'd say that's the earliest one should be in costume. :)
4pm for us, we'll be entering at 2 with a BOG lunch, will change after that: Backpack and renting a locker is the plan.

In my area trick or treating doesn't start until dusk, so I'd say that's the earliest one should be in costume. :)
4pm for us, we'll be entering at 2 with a BOG lunch, will change after that: Backpack and renting a locker is the plan.

Absolutely you can do all that but it's not necessary. :)

Not DVC, but we will be in the park already with PH's. We will be eating at the Castle at 2:45, so quickest we would be in line for J&S would be 4-can we get our bracelets in the line or will we need to go back out front?

I think as long as we have them knocked out before the party starts we will be happy with that. We are limiting our character meet to them and Stitch.
My goal for meeting them will be getting in line around 2pm. I have a park ticket on the same day of my party ticket and I want to meet them again so getting in line early is the key. At least this year we can sit on the carpet in an air-condition building.

There is no need not to do something because you're going solo. With the exception of a few DISer's here, there are many Disney fans who are willing to hold your spot while you take a restroom break. This is and should be a non issue. Make nice with the people in front of you AND those behind you. What comes around goes around!
When I am in line for a character, especially those that don't come out for many hours, I do not mind holding "your spot" but I do expect you to hold my spot in turn. I have done this for the 7 dwarfs and Jack/Sally lines.

Yes, technically. Monday, September 2nd. I say technically because I wonder if the popcorn bucket will be out then. I hope they are out for the first September party. I would love to put him beside my Mickey Ghost one. Even that one I was unable to find on our first MNSSHP. We went Sept 18, 2010 and I could not find Ghost Mickey. Luckily a friend went later on and brought him home for me.

There is no set date for the September release of Oogie Boogie, at least not that I'm aware of. On media night they were simply told "it will be released in September." nothing more.

Do we have a list of where characters might meet if it rains? I need to work on a backup plan.

Yes: HERE
This shows who meets indoors and outside. Characters who meet outside do not have an alternative location, they simply wont come out.

Last edited:
Getting so excited to attend!! best plan on meeting the fab 5 in costume?? still on the fence of dedicating time to wait for 7 dwarves too TIA

I did misremember. :rotfl2: I told dh what I said and he said you don't remember the rain. It didn't slow us down but I do remember now.
What time did the rain start? Is it heavy or lite?
See @pooh'smate ... gathering intel ::yes::

This is most likely why several rides went down and in turn may have created longer lines elsewhere. So when giving advice we're a little more prepared. ;)

Sorry for the silly question but we're first time halloween party goers, only party I've been to was in 2005. I originally thought we'd watch the 2nd parade in Frontierland since that used to be the quietest spot. If that is busy now which parade is the better one to go to and is there a better spot to view without waiting 30-45? We are 3 adults and do not need to be in the front. The headless horseman is my #1 priority, hoping weather cooperates. Thanks for any tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter