"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for pointing me to the info. I think I won't enjoy being in line since I'm solo and won't even be able to go to the bathroom! So I'm reconsidering. It will still be fun! One of my happiest wdw memories was the old princess and pirate party walking on the rides in the dark.

There is no need not to do something because you're going solo. With the exception of a few DISer's here, there are many Disney fans who are willing to hold your spot while you take a restroom break. This is and should be a non issue. Make nice with the people in front of you AND those behind you. What comes around goes around!

You'll get the party wristbands there if you line up prior to the start of the party. I don't know if they stop putting them on after 4pm. Feel free to chime in.
We have always received a MNSSHP wrist band no matter when we got to MK (before or after 7p).

Watched a vlogger who attended first party-he got in line for J&S a little before 4PM and they gave him his band, so at least on that night it happened.

Were heading over in about an hour. I just looked at wait times and a lot of rides are closed down. Is there something going on or is this some kind of party prep? Thunder/splash are two. We did hear thunder recently but it’s sunny here at the GF

I
Were heading over in about an hour. I just looked at wait times and a lot of rides are closed down. Is there something going on or is this some kind of party prep? Thunder/splash are two. We did hear thunder recently but it’s sunny here at the GF

It’s currently sprinkling here, but shouldn’t be enough to shut down rides? Maybe lightning in the radius that will make them shut down?

I

It’s currently sprinkling here, but shouldn’t be enough to shut down rides? Maybe lightning in the radius that will make them shut down?
Yes. Go to indoor rides, shops, meet & greets. Get sorcerer card. Sir Mickey's for photo props. All are available to you during inclement weather.

Can you tell me what time J&S started meeting? We have a late lunch (2:45) at the Castle and some FP's -if they start at 4PM we will skip the FPs to meet them.

4:30pm

See Post #1 - What characters can I meet at MNSSHP?
If characters meet before 7pm, the times are listed. Specific locations are listed too.

Trying one more time... anyone going to pick up the Gus hitchhiking ghost bucket and willing to pick up an extra for me? I got the other two and I’m here in the MK today, but no party ticket. Please?

PM me and we can work out logistics (and I can hang out at the front of MK to take it off your hands so you don’t have to carry it all night...) :)

This is why I mentioned you should have a Plan B for inclement weather. You should know where to go when things get shut down. If you're in Fantasyland and Barnstormer is shut down go to mermaid
HM, it's a small world, PP, Pooh etc.
Know where the indoor attractions and shops are.

10) Nobody will listen to me about the fireworks, but I will say it anyway.
The fireworks are shot off between Splash Mountain and the Castle.
I waited until 5 minutes before the fireworks started, then walked over to a little path across from Pecos Bills. I stood next to the rail over the water, facing the Magic Kingdom.
Nobody in front of me, nobody behind me.
Perfect if you are claustrophobic, and no standing around trying to hold the perfect space.
I could tell that there were projections on the castle but I couldn't see them. Maybe if I had stronger glasses on I might have been able to see them.
If the castle was in the 12:00 position, the fireworks were at 9:00, 10:00, 11:00 and 12:00.
I was very happy with this spot.
But I know everybody is going to ignore me and cram themselves into the hub like sardines.

I'm keeping this in my back pocket as an option. My husband does not like crowds and I fear that with the new shows that pretty much require you to be in the hub to see it could be a trigger for him. I think this could be a good option for him. Thank you for sharing.

I suggest posting your question in the Disabilities forum ( https://www.disboards.com/forums/disabilities.20/ ) as you will get more responses, including ones from people with experience last year and this year.

The DAS does not work for most character meet and greets, during normal time or party time, as they don't have FP entrances, just a single line that everyone gets to use.

I can't speak to MNSSHP, but the last time I did MVMCP in 2017, and I understand it was the same for the 2018 MVMCP:

When I went to renew my DAS at Guest Services after we entered [about 4 pm], the CM explained how to use it and then pointed out that I could also use it during the party for rides that have FP entrances. I expressed shock over that as I had expected I could not use it during the party itself since FP would be closed. He explained that in fact I could -- go to the ride entrance and speak to the CM there and ask for a DAS return time. When I returned, it would be via the FP entrance. If I had any issues I was to ask to speak with a team lead. We ended up using it on only a couple rides, but had no problem with using it. Most party ride lines were fairly short. The 3 pre-party FP we had got us on most of the "most likely to have long lines" rides we were interested in anyway, so they were out of the way by the time the party started. The FP + DAS + shorter party lines combo worked well for us.

SW

Thank you for sharing your experience! This will be our first trip using DAS (as my son got his diagnosis since our last family trip) so I am anxious to see how this tool helps him on the trip! I appreciate oyu sharing your experience.

Ok, I've put together a rough outline-asking for you pros to review it.

We have PH's -note that we are ok skipping the last 2 FP's if it helps on party time since we will be in the park multiple other days
2PM-arrive to MK
2:10 FP 7DMT
2:45-CRT for dinner
3:15-4:15 FP for PP(can skip if needed)
4:15-FP for Buzz(can skip if needed)
4:30-in line for Jack and Sally-we can get our bands in this line?
6:00-Elvis Stitch
7:00-Space Mountain
8-9:15 TOT lines, HM
9:15-Dessert Party
10:45-spot for 2nd parade in Frontierland
11:30-Pirates
11:30-12 TOT lines

When looking at it, we aren't even having time for any photopass pics and those will be important to us too. Where can I improve this? Are these times realistic?

I'd definitely skip the FPs and line up for J&S since you probably won't be done with "linner" until around 4. You can likely ride both PP and Buzz later in the night with small lines. I know I've walked on PP in the past towards the end of the night.

We will be attending 09/20. 1st year Annual Passholders here and want to enter the park around noon the day of the party. My question is, how early can we arrive in full costume? Will we just need to do a quick change in the bathroom once it gets closer to 4pm? Me and My husband are dressing up as Jasmine & Aladdin so it's not a simple t-shirt change. Thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter