"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to watch the first parade and also do the plaza view dessert party? If so, how would you plan that?

I am on the plane now and am rethinking my plan for tonight's party. DH was up very late working and DD16 has been up since 4am. Our plane left an hour late. We will uber from the airport to Coronado Springs. Get changed and head to MK.

Upon arrival, go to Firehouse for Sorcerer card, get map, go through bypass, head to buzz for 3:55 FP, then Jungle Cruise for 4:55 FP then Moana line. She is the only character for us. Then PoC, eat, 1st parade, check in late for plaza viewing dessert party for FW, then watch 10:45 Hocus Pocus show. Will do Tea Cups and maybe Space Mtn after Hocus Pocus if can't fit them in elsewhere.

is this possible? I am sure there won't be any dessert left at the party. If we watch the parade in Fron tierland, what is the fastest way to Tomorrowland Terrace to check in foe dessert party while the parade is still going on?

Sorry for the last minute request.

I am on the plane now and am rethinking my plan for tonight's party. DH was up very late working and DD16 has been up since 4am. Our plane left an hour late. We will uber from the airport to Coronado Springs. Get changed and head to MK.

Upon arrival, go to Firehouse for Sorcerer card, get map, go through bypass, head to buzz for 3:55 FP, then Jungle Cruise for 4:55 FP then Moana line. She is the only character for us. Then PoC, eat, 1st parade, check in late for plaza viewing dessert party for FW, then watch 10:45 Hocus Pocus show. Will do Tea Cups and maybe Space Mtn after Hocus Pocus if can't fit them in elsewhere.

is this possible? I am sure there won't be any dessert left at the party. If we watch the parade in Fron tierland, what is the fastest way to Tomorrowland Terrace to check in foe dessert party while the parade is still going on?

From frontierland while the parade is going the only way is to fo through fantasyland and over to tomorrowland terrace.

I just made my T-shirt it is black shirt with silver spider web, orange Mickey head as my pumpkin, purple wording of trick or treat. I even made ears orange ears with black bow. Look for me!!!!

I will!! I have no idea what we're wearing yet! This trip is sneaking up on me!

They were still there around 12:30 ish last year with a very short line as we were leaving the party. If it's a priority, I would go out a little sooner.

We did this on our way out last year. Probably around 12:30 also. There were several photographers still there. Only waited for one group in front of us.

You might want to get in line for the Dwarfs sooner. When guests are let in at 3:45-4:00 those interested make a bee line there. If you choose to stay your course you'll end up waiting much longer.

"Arrived at 3:45 for 4pm opening. Got Sorcerer card right away.
4:50 - lined up for 7 Dwarfs and took turns getting food, checking out merchandise in Big Top, etc.
7:10 - met Dwarfs
" LINK
Thanks for pointing me to the info. I think I won't enjoy being in line since I'm solo and won't even be able to go to the bathroom! So I'm reconsidering. It will still be fun! One of my happiest wdw memories was the old princess and pirate party walking on the rides in the dark.

would someone be willing to help me? We did the MVMCP 2 years ago with very little plan. . so I'm trying to fix that. Our cast of characters is myself, dh, dd (12), ds (5)

We are going to the party on 09/17 and DH and I have determined that our priorities are: photopass pics, magic shots, TOT, Moana meet, Jafar meet, rides with overlays, 2nd parade, last hocus pocus show - we will have had many other days in the magic kingdom prior to our party night :)

We are entering the park after a late brunch at O'Hana (11:15am) on a regular day park ticket and have the following booked:

1:30 - Meet Mickey and Minnie FP (don't need to worry about halloween mickey/minnie as we're doing seasonal dine earlier in our vacation)
2:35 - SDMT FP
3:40 - BTMRR FP

should we get in the moana line right after BTMRR? Will also mobile order food hopefully at some point - want to try the Hades nachos lol

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!!!

Hello all! First trip tonight! Not sure if I'm more excited or the kids...Ha!

Getting in at 4:00pm.
Couple of fast passes till 5:45pm
Then plan on doing all the meet and greets and TOT's before 10pm and then doing the fireworks, parade, and show back to back to back.

Quick question. We finally decided on Jafar, Abu/Aladdin, Genie and Gravediggers as our meet and greets.

Any help is appreciated on the order I should attack these and what time to line up for the first one. Thanks so much!!

Can you tell me what time J&S started meeting? We have a late lunch (2:45) at the Castle and some FP's -if they start at 4PM we will skip the FPs to meet them.

Last year they were out around 4:30pm. However I think I remember someone posting from the first party this year and they were out later then that. @FoxC63 do you remember? I know you're good at keeping track of character start times.

It may be a bit too early to know for sure. I'd keep my eye on the posts from tonight and the next party, that should give us a more definitive time and also an idea of how many people are lining up early.

Last year, I was in the park ahead of the party too, with a regular park ticket. That allowed me to line up around 3:30, and I was within the first 10 people in line. I'd say if they're a priority, regardless of start time, you'd want to get in line before 4pm. When they let all of the Halloween ticket people in at 4pm the line increased significantly. Hopefully, the start at 4:30 again. If so, I'd suggest jumping right over to Moana once you're done with Jack & Sally. I believe she starts around 5:45pm. Then bounce to Stitch, who may already have a good line forming. You could also divide and conquer. If others in your party don't care about Jack & Sally, they can do the Fast Passes, get wristbands, then go over to Moana. After Jack & Sally you can head over to Stitch. Then everyone meets up to do the rest!

Hello all! First trip tonight! Not sure if I'm more excited or the kids...Ha!

Getting in at 4:00pm.
Couple of fast passes till 5:45pm
Then plan on doing all the meet and greets and TOT's before 10pm and then doing the fireworks, parade, and show back to back to back.

Quick question. We finally decided on Jafar, Abu/Aladdin, Genie and Gravediggers as our meet and greets.

Any help is appreciated on the order I should attack these and what time to line up for the first one. Thanks so much!!

Gravediggers line is usually pretty short; they start meeting st 7 at thr Gazebo

Please let us know how it goes if you indeed do the 1st parade then dessert party. This is exactly what I am hoping to to do to, the later parade might be just a little too late for our DD5. Have a spooky good time!!

Ok, I've put together a rough outline-asking for you pros to review it.

We have PH's -note that we are ok skipping the last 2 FP's if it helps on party time since we will be in the park multiple other days
2PM-arrive to MK
2:10 FP 7DMT
2:45-CRT for dinner
3:15-4:15 FP for PP(can skip if needed)
4:15-FP for Buzz(can skip if needed)
4:30-in line for Jack and Sally-we can get our bands in this line?
6:00-Elvis Stitch
7:00-Space Mountain
8-9:15 TOT lines, HM
9:15-Dessert Party
10:45-spot for 2nd parade in Frontierland
11:30-Pirates
11:30-12 TOT lines

When looking at it, we aren't even having time for any photopass pics and those will be important to us too. Where can I improve this? Are these times realistic?
Are you DVC? I ask because they have their own entry and at 2pm there might be a line. Then you would have to tweak your plans, it's all like domino's.

I just made my T-shirt it is black shirt with silver spider web, orange Mickey head as my pumpkin, purple wording of trick or treat. I even made ears orange ears with black bow. Look for me!!!!

They all sound wonderful but a picture is worth a thousand words, hint hint! :flower1:

Is this do-able or am I setting or goals too high? This will be our only time in MK since 9 years ago.

3:25-4:25 Splash Mountain
4:25-5:25 Jungle Cruise
5:25-6:00 Buzz Lightyear

Between 6-9:30 pm
- see if I can get an Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket
- grab some snacks; dinner
- Monsters Inc, PeopleMover, Mad Tea Party, 7DMT, Philmarmagic, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean
- DescenDANCE

10:15 Fireworks
10:45 Hocus Pocus
11:05 Headless Horseman
11:15 Parade
Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket - Are you going in September?

Are you DVC? I ask because they have their own entry and at 2pm there might be a line. Then you would have to tweak your plans, it's all like domino's.

Not DVC, but we will be in the park already with PH's. We will be eating at the Castle at 2:45, so quickest we would be in line for J&S would be 4-can we get our bracelets in the line or will we need to go back out front?

I think as long as we have them knocked out before the party starts we will be happy with that. We are limiting our character meet to them and Stitch.

Not DVC, but we will be in the park already with PH's. We will be eating at the Castle at 2:45, so quickest we would be in line for J&S would be 4-can we get our bracelets in the line or will we need to go back out front?

You'll get the party wristbands there if you line up prior to the start of the party. I don't know if they stop putting them on after 4pm. Feel free to chime in.

I'm obsessing over my plans (who isn't?!) and need opinions. We're rope drop to close people. On our party day I have us getting to MK in the morning with a regular day ticket, leaving the park to have a 3:45pm dinner at 'Ohana to break up our day, then coming back for the rest of the evening and party. I am now regretting this...which has been my plan since 180 days out. I feel like we're missing out by not getting back till say 5:45pm, even though the party doesn't actually start till 7pm. Here's the deal though, we truly only care about seeing Carlotta at HM, Hocus Pocus, first parade, and fireworks. Maybe some magic shots and trying some treats. No Trick or Treating, and we don't care about meeting characters. I just still feel like we shouldn't leave and come back...thoughts on this??
I agree...I would feel that getting there at 545 is missing out some. Also, eating a big meal at Ohana would give me a food coma and would miss the special party treats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!