"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm obsessing over my plans (who isn't?!) and need opinions. We're rope drop to close people. On our party day I have us getting to MK in the morning with a regular day ticket, leaving the park to have a 3:45pm dinner at 'Ohana to break up our day, then coming back for the rest of the evening and party. I am now regretting this...which has been my plan since 180 days out. I feel like we're missing out by not getting back till say 5:45pm, even though the party doesn't actually start till 7pm. Here's the deal though, we truly only care about seeing Carlotta at HM, Hocus Pocus, first parade, and fireworks. Maybe some magic shots and trying some treats. No Trick or Treating, and we don't care about meeting characters. I just still feel like we shouldn't leave and come back...thoughts on this??
Also, where would we enter at that point? is it still the bypass, or is it the main gates? Can we still walk back to the bypass to get the special photo ops and treat bags?

I've needed/gotten help on a touring plan, but I will offer this advice-get there early, be at the gates by 345 so you can enter at four and get your first treats. Get FP+ for 3 rides in Fantasyland from 330-430, 435-535, and 540-6. The ones that will probably will need it the most are Peter Pan, Pooh, Dumbo and Little Mermaid, and any character meets before the party like the Princess Fairytale Hall and Ariel. Be done with the rides by 7 when the party starts. Your kids would probably enjoy the dance parties in Fantasyland and at Monsters Inc. where they can dance with the characters. There are no short M&G lines during the party as far as I can tell. TorT lines that I have read are usually shorter, but have not had confirmation on this board, are near Ariel's grotto, Splash Mountain, and across from the Splash Mountain one at Tom Sawyer Island dock. Watch the parade from Frontierland or Liberty Square-I plan on just keeping an eye out for when people begin staking out their spots-I have heard you could have to line up an hour early, but most people have said usually more in the 30-45 minute range . I am going with the attitude that it will all be fun, and if we miss something we can look forward to going again!

Cosmic Rays, Ariel’s grotto and the Barnstormer ToT trails were super short after the fireworks. No lines at all

I'm obsessing over my plans (who isn't?!) and need opinions. We're rope drop to close people. On our party day I have us getting to MK in the morning with a regular day ticket, leaving the park to have a 3:45pm dinner at 'Ohana to break up our day, then coming back for the rest of the evening and party. I am now regretting this...which has been my plan since 180 days out. I feel like we're missing out by not getting back till say 5:45pm, even though the party doesn't actually start till 7pm. Here's the deal though, we truly only care about seeing Carlotta at HM, Hocus Pocus, first parade, and fireworks. Maybe some magic shots and trying some treats. No Trick or Treating, and we don't care about meeting characters. I just still feel like we shouldn't leave and come back...thoughts on this??
If the things you listed are the only things important to you, then its doable as you will have been riding rides all day long. You should still be able to go thru bypass after you enter thru the main gate unless you really dwaddle during dinner. You should be back to the park by 5:30-6

Going to my first Halloween party in September. How are my plans looking? I’m mostly interested in the ride overlays, the parade, and the snacks!

2-5:30: Festival of Fantasy parade, FPs at Buzz Lightyear then SDMT, Meet Ariel at her grotto (going to the party with my husband as Ariel and Eric and want a photo with her in her mermaid costume) then FP at Haunted Mansion
5:30: Pick up wristbands and hop in Moana line (if the line is too long I’m okay bailing on this)
7:00: Hades Nachos at Pecos Bill, Pirates
7:45 grab the jack skellington cake pop on the way to Tomorrowland, Space Mountain, Monsters ToT
8:45 Teacups, possible photo with Ariel and Eric and/or Belle and Gaston if the line isn’t too long
9:30: Cruella’s, grab a few drinks then go find a fireworks spot
10:30 back to Cruella’s for more drinks, shopping and photos on Main Street
11:15 parade, back to Cruella’s for drinks/snacks then head to the castle for the last Hocus Pocus show

Also, where would we enter at that point? is it still the bypass, or is it the main gates? Can we still walk back to the bypass to get the special photo ops and treat bags?
I believe the bypass is supposed to close by 8pm. Although it stayed open til about 8:15pm at the first party. You should be fine.

Thanks! We're hitting up MK two times before we do the party, so I'm sure we'll be able to manage SDMT sometime in there, but I was just covering my bases because I don't want to miss it. (it's our first trip to WDW in 8 years but also our first MNSSHP ever, so we are treading lightly).

My wife doesn't think we need a plan for the party. I'm not so optimistic. Granted, we don't really have many must do's for the party. Jack and Sally for DD12, Moana for DD7, Elvis Stitch for me, and any and all villains for DW, plus Pirates and HM rides and ToTing. I just think it's gonna be a bit more overwhealming than she thinks.

TL

I would say you at least need to have an idea of when these characters start meeting, and when the best time to get in line is. All of them tend to have longer lines, especially Jack and Sally. Otherwise you may spend most of your time waiting in character lines. Once you do J&S and Moana, you should easily be able to do the rest. The great thing is, this thread is the best place to get all of this information! It was the only reason I even knew that Jack & Sally had switched locations last year, and that I needed to get in line ASAP for them. We were done with them before the party even started!

I'm doing a loose plan this year for our party. We are surprising my DD9 with this trip, so I'm not able to ask her what she wants to do ahead of time. We did J&S and 7dwarfs last year, but had to leave Moana's line for a potty emergency o_O so I'm thinking we'll see her. We're also doing the Dessert party. My fiance has never been to the Halloween party, but he's very go with the flow. His only request was the dessert party! We did that on our last trip for HEA and he hasn't stopped talking about it! We'll are also using this as our only MK day of our trip so we'll be doing rides during the day.

I haven't heard a lot of reports about the Descendants dance party. Did anyone stop by that who went to the first party? My DD9 is a HUGE Descendants fan so I think we'll want to stop by there.

How do they handle the DAS holders during the party? If there are no fastpasses given during parties, do they even still use the DAS system?

I suggest posting your question in the Disabilities forum ( https://www.disboards.com/forums/disabilities.20/ ) as you will get more responses, including ones from people with experience last year and this year.

The DAS does not work for most character meet and greets, during normal time or party time, as they don't have FP entrances, just a single line that everyone gets to use.

I can't speak to MNSSHP, but the last time I did MVMCP in 2017, and I understand it was the same for the 2018 MVMCP:

When I went to renew my DAS at Guest Services after we entered [about 4 pm], the CM explained how to use it and then pointed out that I could also use it during the party for rides that have FP entrances. I expressed shock over that as I had expected I could not use it during the party itself since FP would be closed. He explained that in fact I could -- go to the ride entrance and speak to the CM there and ask for a DAS return time. When I returned, it would be via the FP entrance. If I had any issues I was to ask to speak with a team lead. We ended up using it on only a couple rides, but had no problem with using it. Most party ride lines were fairly short. The 3 pre-party FP we had got us on most of the "most likely to have long lines" rides we were interested in anyway, so they were out of the way by the time the party started. The FP + DAS + shorter party lines combo worked well for us.

SW

Ok, I've put together a rough outline-asking for you pros to review it.

We have PH's -note that we are ok skipping the last 2 FP's if it helps on party time since we will be in the park multiple other days
2PM-arrive to MK
2:10 FP 7DMT
2:45-CRT for dinner
3:15-4:15 FP for PP(can skip if needed)
4:15-FP for Buzz(can skip if needed)
4:30-in line for Jack and Sally-we can get our bands in this line?
6:00-Elvis Stitch
7:00-Space Mountain
8-9:15 TOT lines, HM
9:15-Dessert Party
10:45-spot for 2nd parade in Frontierland
11:30-Pirates
11:30-12 TOT lines

When looking at it, we aren't even having time for any photopass pics and those will be important to us too. Where can I improve this? Are these times realistic?

I would say you at least need to have an idea of when these characters start meeting, and when the best time to get in line is. All of them tend to have longer lines, especially Jack and Sally. Otherwise you may spend most of your time waiting in character lines. Once you do J&S and Moana, you should easily be able to do the rest. The great thing is, this thread is the best place to get all of this information! It was the only reason I even knew that Jack & Sally had switched locations last year, and that I needed to get in line ASAP for them. We were done with them before the party even started!

I'm doing a loose plan this year for our party. We are surprising my DD9 with this trip, so I'm not able to ask her what she wants to do ahead of time. We did J&S and 7dwarfs last year, but had to leave Moana's line for a potty emergency o_O so I'm thinking we'll see her. We're also doing the Dessert party. My fiance has never been to the Halloween party, but he's very go with the flow. His only request was the dessert party! We did that on our last trip for HEA and he hasn't stopped talking about it! We'll are also using this as our only MK day of our trip so we'll be doing rides during the day.

I haven't heard a lot of reports about the Descendants dance party. Did anyone stop by that who went to the first party? My DD9 is a HUGE Descendants fan so I think we'll want to stop by there.

Can you tell me what time J&S started meeting? We have a late lunch (2:45) at the Castle and some FP's -if they start at 4PM we will skip the FPs to meet them.

If we stay at Cruella's until closing time (12:30), will we be able to get the Headless Horseman PP on our way out or will the photographers be gone by then?

If we stay at Cruella's until closing time (12:30), will we be able to get the Headless Horseman PP on our way out or will the photographers be gone by then?

Last year we missed out, but it was closer to 1am. Lines get long as people exit the park. I wouldn’t risk it.

I would go to the exit and get it done before you check in for Cruella’s.

This thread is wearing off on me. I’ve never really planned a party before - we’re more wing it folks - but I’m sitting here with the party map and a spreadsheet. I hate myself.

And I’m contemplating that MNSSHP “pass” which is really making me hate myself too.

Blah! :surfweb:
If it's any consolation....we're not uber planners for the party either. We're two adults and just kind of go with the flow. I'm not interested in characters and only somewhat interested in the ToT lines (mostly because I love chocolate!) and we focus on rides, soaking in the atmosphere and the shows. We also do the photos when we bump into them as we're wandering. So far my plan is:

3:30-ish- arrive at MK
4:00-ish- go through the bypass to get my first bag of candy
4:10-ish to 8:30-ish- wander around doing rides, not sure which ones or where
8:30- check into dessert party, or wait in line until check in opens
8:45- 9:30-ish- eat my weight in chocolate covered strawberries
9:30-go to the garden viewing
10:15- lament over missing "everybody scream!" and perimeter fireworks...shed a tear
10:30- head toward Frontierland for second parade, not sure which way yet or what will distract me on the way
11:15- watch parade, tell my hubby how much I miss a night parade in MK, especially Spectromagic from 25 years ago
12:00- watch the last HP show, wander around more and leave around 12:30-ish

I'm being facetious....We're actually really looking forward the party and know we'll have a lot of fun!

They were still there around 12:30 ish last year with a very short line as we were leaving the party. If it's a priority, I would go out a little sooner.

Yeah!! We’re doing the dessert party too! Maybe we’ll bump into each other!:dogdance:
I just made my T-shirt it is black shirt with silver spider web, orange Mickey head as my pumpkin, purple wording of trick or treat. I even made ears orange ears with black bow. Look for me!!!!

Is this do-able or am I setting our goals too high? This will be our only time in MK since 9 years ago.

3:25-4:25 Splash Mountain
4:25-5:25 Jungle Cruise
5:25-6:00 Buzz Lightyear

Between 6-9:30 pm

- see if I can get an Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket
- grab some snacks; dinner
- Monsters Inc, PeopleMover, Mad Tea Party, 7DMT, Philmarmagic, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean
- DescenDANCE

10:15 Fireworks
10:45 Hocus Pocus
11:05 Headless Horseman
11:15 Parade

Last edited:
Planning on doing the 1st parade for now since I have a 5 year old with me. Hoping I can get a spot around 8:30 in the front, so we can sit on the curb. Any tips on good areas to grab a spot that late?

Is 5 pm too "late" to get into the Moana line if she starts meeting at 5:45 pm? This isn't necessarily a must do so I don't want to devote a lot of time to waiting for her. I know that for some M&Gs people will start to line up as early as 4 pm and that's a no go for my group.

Another question: when does the MNSSHP merch go on sale/when do the special photo ops start? Are those right at 7 also???

Is 5 pm too "late" to get into the Moana line if she starts meeting at 5:45 pm? This isn't necessarily a must do so I don't want to devote a lot of time to waiting for her. I know that for some M&Gs people will start to line up as early as 4 pm and that's a no go for my group.

Another question: when does the MNSSHP merch go on sale/when do the special photo ops start? Are those right at 7 also???
She is popular you might want to get in line sooner so you are out in time for the start of the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter