"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the new Trick or Treat song, it was cute, but WHERE IS MY VILLAINS MIX?! WHERE IS GRIM GRINNING GHOSTS?! AND BARELY ANY OOGIE BOOGIE?! I hope they at least played the villains songs throughout the park all evening?

I agree. I like the Trick or Treat song, it's from a 1952 Donald cartoon called Trick or Treat. I think they missed the mark with some of the song choices, but I still plan on watching them in person.

I am not really a character pic person but I started thinking how much fun the seven dwarfs might be. When I wrote out a plan I think I might have time to see them. Not sure I want to stand in line and definitely not missing fireworks or parade for it, so I have to make a choice early. Here's my plan. What do you experts think?
230 late lunch (i have an AP)
4-530 FPs (cant make them til Thursday but I'll make 2 and maybe 1 before lunch)
530 Dwarfs picture line
7-930ish pin shopping, HM people outside, treats and snacks, and ride Pirates (only must do ride because I have other days in MK. I want to focus on party specific stuff.)
1015 fireworks
Rides, TOT, photoshots?
1115 parade
Rides, TOT, photoshots?

Super thanks to the person who suggested notes on the phone because I can see myself standing in the center of a land trying to remember where treats or characters are. 😜

I am debating if we should buy tickets for Friday August 30th... Issue is we fly in that night and don't land until 9:45PM. Would still need to check into resort (OKW) and get over to MK... I know it ends at midnight. We'd be only going for the rides, but not sure if only getting about an hour and half if we are lucky is worth it.
Lines were not that short last Friday. We got so much more done last year

Question. With the new jack skellington how would watching fireworks from the train depot be?

Too far in my opinion
We were just outside the doors to the candy store and we could barely make him out. I would not watch from further back
Boooo. Ok thanks! :) hubby had spinal surgery a few weeks ago and just trying to find a space that won’t be overwhelming for him, preferably the ability to sit until right at the fireworks.

Boooo. Ok thanks! :) hubby had spinal surgery a few weeks ago and just trying to find a space that won’t be overwhelming for him, preferably the ability to sit until right at the fireworks.
You may want to consider the party at Tony's. You can sit till time to walk out to watch. Crowds aren't bad back there either
Other option would be the terrace party

Gravediggers were new last year, but are a cool M&G. They meet in the liberty square gazebo. There’s a new Evil Queen animated magic shot by the fantasyland wall, but that’s the only new one I’ve seen.

Gravediggers photo op was available in 2017 as I received my photo with them. They were at a different location than the Gazebo. Near Tom Sawyer raft area. Let me see if I can attach my photo.

Attachments

• DECCA829-2C72-496F-AC6B-D47432FFA671.jpeg
    DECCA829-2C72-496F-AC6B-D47432FFA671.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 39

They can be cumbersome but I highly recommend renting a wheelchair. If he can’t stand long, it’ll be well worth the $15. You can turn it back in early if he’s done with it.

Are the Haunted Mansion Hitchhiking Ghosts Gus dessert holder and Ezra Sipper also available at MK or only in DL? I have seen the info on the Phineas popcorn bucket in Liberty Square during the party, but would love to know where to find the other two, if possible. Thanks!

Does anyone know if you can upgrade to the party pass AFTER you have been to the party? Or can It only be done before you attend?

My wife doesn't think we need a plan for the party. I'm not so optimistic. Granted, we don't really have many must do's for the party. Jack and Sally for DD12, Moana for DD7, Elvis Stitch for me, and any and all villains for DW, plus Pirates and HM rides and ToTing. I just think it's gonna be a bit more overwhealming than she thinks.
I think you'll find you are right.

Are the Haunted Mansion Hitchhiking Ghosts Gus dessert holder and Ezra Sipper also available at MK or only in DL? I have seen the info on the Phineas popcorn bucket in Liberty Square during the party, but would love to know where to find the other two, if possible. Thanks!
I believe the other two are inside Pecos Bill’s (Ezra sipper) and at the Golden Oak Outpost (Gus)

I am not really a character pic person but I started thinking how much fun the seven dwarfs might be. When I wrote out a plan I think I might have time to see them. Not sure I want to stand in line and definitely not missing fireworks or parade for it, so I have to make a choice early. Here's my plan. What do you experts think?
230 late lunch (i have an AP)
4-530 FPs (cant make them til Thursday but I'll make 2 and maybe 1 before lunch)
530 Dwarfs picture line
7-930ish pin shopping, HM people outside, treats and snacks, and ride Pirates (only must do ride because I have other days in MK. I want to focus on party specific stuff.)
1015 fireworks
Rides, TOT, photoshots?
1115 parade
Rides, TOT, photoshots?

Super thanks to the person who suggested notes on the phone because I can see myself standing in the center of a land trying to remember where treats or characters are. 😜

You might want to get in line for the Dwarfs sooner. When guests are let in at 3:45-4:00 those interested make a bee line there. If you choose to stay your course you'll end up waiting much longer.

"Arrived at 3:45 for 4pm opening. Got Sorcerer card right away.
4:50 - lined up for 7 Dwarfs and took turns getting food, checking out merchandise in Big Top, etc.
7:10 - met Dwarfs
" LINK

Anyone going tonight and wants to do a gal a favor? I went Friday and got two of the three hitchhiking ghosts, but I missed Gus at Golden Outpost. Each person can buy two; anyone willing to pick up Gus for me? PM me if you’re willing!

I’m in the same boat as you. Typically I like to have a “guideline” plan and play it by ear as we go. Being that the only party night we can attend is ON Halloween, I’m starting to think I should really write out an actual Touring Plan and have no idea where to start. For this year my absolute must do was to get a photo with Cruella as this will be our family themed costumes this year. Thanks Disney for solving that problem for me for a mere $400+tax :rotfl2:I also see value in this party for us because I think by that point my MIL will be ready to sit and relax for a little. My issue is that with our two little ones I think it’s best we try to get a spot for the first parade because I’m not sure they will last for the second. Our oldest might, but the baby probably won’t. Does anyone have any suggestions on a TP for me? Our DD4 will not like the “bigger” rides, so I’m not worried ab HM, SDMT, SM, or any similar. I would really love to ride PP at some point, and she would like rides like Pooh, Ariel, things along those lines. ToT in some spots, any M&G without long waits (don’t need to do any of the MAJOR long line ones), 1st parade, check-in Cruella’s and get my really expensive photo Lol, hopefully fireworks. There’s so much to try and do and I’m overwhelmed. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!
I've needed/gotten help on a touring plan, but I will offer this advice-get there early, be at the gates by 345 so you can enter at four and get your first treats. Get FP+ for 3 rides in Fantasyland from 330-430, 435-535, and 540-6. The ones that will probably will need it the most are Peter Pan, Pooh, Dumbo and Little Mermaid, and any character meets before the party like the Princess Fairytale Hall and Ariel. Be done with the rides by 7 when the party starts. Your kids would probably enjoy the dance parties in Fantasyland and at Monsters Inc. where they can dance with the characters. There are no short M&G lines during the party as far as I can tell. TorT lines that I have read are usually shorter, but have not had confirmation on this board, are near Ariel's grotto, Splash Mountain, and across from the Splash Mountain one at Tom Sawyer Island dock. Watch the parade from Frontierland or Liberty Square-I plan on just keeping an eye out for when people begin staking out their spots-I have heard you could have to line up an hour early, but most people have said usually more in the 30-45 minute range . I am going with the attitude that it will all be fun, and if we miss something we can look forward to going again!

I'm obsessing over my plans (who isn't?!) and need opinions. We're rope drop to close people. On our party day I have us getting to MK in the morning with a regular day ticket, leaving the park to have a 3:45pm dinner at 'Ohana to break up our day, then coming back for the rest of the evening and party. I am now regretting this...which has been my plan since 180 days out. I feel like we're missing out by not getting back till say 5:45pm, even though the party doesn't actually start till 7pm. Here's the deal though, we truly only care about seeing Carlotta at HM, Hocus Pocus, first parade, and fireworks. Maybe some magic shots and trying some treats. No Trick or Treating, and we don't care about meeting characters. I just still feel like we shouldn't leave and come back...thoughts on this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter