"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confession time....I was never a big fan of the Nightmare Before Christmas but the end of Hallowishes (Everybody Scream!) with the HM theme mixed with the Nightmare Before Christmas music PLUS the perimeter fireworks was so cool! Now I will watch Nightmare Before Christmas in my regular Halloween video list.

Confession time... I have never seen Nightmare Before Christmas! :scared1::scared1::duck::duck:

do you mean they'll say it's sold out but it won't be?

No, I’m more or less just making a dumb conspiracy theorist joke. If they deem it sold out, they’ll stop selling tix. You just see a lot of ‘day of’ sell-outs with these things at times. Last year first MNSSHP night... the first night of the Villains After Hours this summer (none of the others except the last night sold out), etc. It is either the day of / walk-up ticket traffic is in fact huge and drives the numbers up to sell out levels, or it’s a nice little lever to pull to create some talking points / market buzz with no real downside to Disney.

Confession time: I absolutely love Disney and Halloween is my favorite, but I don't like Nightmare Before Christmas or Hocus Pocus...
OOH, those are fightin' words right there! :rotfl2: LOL! I'm just kidding!

I think so. We've done both and I'm pretty sure each party gets a different check in line.
One time we did HEA dessert party and there were two lines, the one one the left for the Terrace and one on the right up closer to the Plaza party entrance.
This past time in May, they had one line on the left for both parties and then we had to go up to the Plaza party entrance where they checked our names again.

I'll be watching for reports for the dessert party to see what they do this year.

Same here, lately i have been thinking about it, probably watch it friday night in honor of the first party. 48 more sleeps for us
Fair warning.... it's weird!
I have a hard time with some Tim Burton movies. He can be very dark and macabre. I love Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands and Sleepy Hollow, although it helps that Johnny Depp is in a lot of them. I've liked him since 21 Jump Street, but now I'm dating myself!

Anyone ever do 2 parties in one trip? We had considered adding a dessert party to our MNSSHP night but it’s only about $50 more to just do a second party 🤔

Last year we did our first ever MNSSHP. It was the Friday before Labor Day. It was DH, me, DS 15 and DS 12. We had a great time and the boys especially LOVED it, so we did the next Friday as well. That second Friday was better crowd-wise, but we were happy with the crowd level at both.

Ride to MK today, saw a sign saying road closed on Friday night and I think Sunday night. Driver said it is due to mnsshp fireworks which are set off in different place(s) than regular fireworks. Don’t ask me which road, no idea.

Boom, that’s exactly what I’ve been waiting to hear. They usually have electronic signs up around party season noting road closures as they have to close down a few ones behind/next to MK with the perimeter fireworks.

I will take that as a positive sign.

Thank you for sharing!

Ride to MK today, saw a sign saying road closed on Friday night and I think Sunday night. Driver said it is due to mnsshp fireworks which are set off in different place(s) than regular fireworks. Don’t ask me which road, no idea.
Hmmm, could be a good sign for perimeter fireworks? I would think that would be the road behind MK. ???

What time do you recommend arriving for the first Sanderson sisters show? I am thinking we will do the 8:30 show, 9:15 parade and then fireworks with the plan to do rides from fireworks until close.

Which party date? Did you notice the times change?

You all saw this, right?

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular (Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage)

Aug. 16 – Sept. 27: 8:30 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 12 a.m.

Sept. 29 – Nov. 1: 7:40 p.m., 8:35 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 12 a.m.

I would love it if this happened! Sadly, I think it may just be Mike and Sulley roaming the candy distribution of Laugh Floor. The Parks Blog post from last month alluded to them being part of the treat trail :(

We were there 2 years ago with the kids, and Mike and sully (along with Boo in her monster costume) were all at the dance party in Tomorrowland - I have some hilarious videos of my boys doing the conga line with all 3. I think the candy at the Laugh Floor is new (and maybe they have separate M&G there?) but I am pretty sure the Mike/Sully/Boo crew will still be doing the dance party outside.

We were there 2 years ago with the kids, and Mike and sully (along with Boo in her monster costume) were all at the dance party in Tomorrowland - I have some hilarious videos of my boys doing the conga line with all 3. I think the candy at the Laugh Floor is new (and maybe they have separate M&G there?) but I am pretty sure the Mike/Sully/Boo crew will still be doing the dance party outside.
Those videos must be priceless!! I think the candy was new there last year. It was actually one of my favorites because it had multiple stops and barely any line. The candy was all in boxes towards the back of the theater and you got it in the theater and when exiting. I guess they could try and do two separate lines? They do have the accessible guests wait on the right of the main line for the actual attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter